Slobodan Milosevic found dead in his cell

nimh

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:25 pm
gungasnake wrote:
nimh wrote:
I'm worried about this.

The Serbs were finally getting round to the stage in "Vergangenheitsbewaeltigung" where they faced up to what they did (though no thanks to PM Kostunica) - and they did so with quite a shock, too. The video from Srebrenica, showing how tied-up Bosnian men were unloaded from a van by paramilitaries and shot, which was released and then screened on national TV last year, was one of those jolt-moments.

The really big question regarding that sort of thing is this:

After Trnopolja, what part of that kind of bullshit are we supposed to go on believing??

http://www.emperors-clothes.com/film/judgment.htm

Thanks for posting only the link.

As for your question of what we should still believe ... perhaps the findings of these court cases, some of them held in Serbia itself, about the Milosevic-era war crimes?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:30 pm
nimh wrote:

As for your question of what we should still believe ... perhaps the findings of these court cases, some of them held in Serbia itself, about the Milosevic-era war crimes?

Right. We bomb a totally innocent nation into the stone age doing hundreds of billions worth of damage and then tell them they need to hold war crimes trials before they get any help with rebuilding...

The war criminals in the picture are Slick KKKlintler, Wesley Clark, Madeline Albright, and a few others of that sort.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:33 pm
before they get any help with rebuilding? where were you since 1999? i don't think it's us who needs re-educating...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:35 pm
Madeline Albright - the villain.

Milosevic - the hero.

got it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:35 pm
Ah, 'tis trying to put lipstick on a pig, Dagmar.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:36 pm
Gunga you seriously believe Belgrade was bombed "into the stone age"?

There were less than 1,000 casualties of the entire NATO war against Yugoslavia ... even the Yugoslav government, when it made a black book about the cost of the war at the time (still under Milosevic), didnt claim more than 800-900 deaths.

Now every thousand deaths is a thousand too much, but the number hardly suggests a country being bombed into the stone age...

BUT - now I am straying off-topic myself, so fuhgeddaboutit.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:39 pm
nimh wrote:
Gunga you seriously believe Belgrade was bombed "into the stone age"?

You basically learned to read after 1999?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:42 pm
now that i call a brilliant argument! go gunga!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:43 pm
<nimh, i gotta thank you for that other thread. it's making my work a lot easier - am just writing a brief article on the future of serbia and kosovo after rugova, well, and now, after milosevic>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:14 am
I am enjoying your thread, too, Nimh! Thank you.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:44 am
Since no-one reacted really to the other threads about this topic, which started earlier yesterday, it really was an interesting read.

Thanks especially to nimh!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:46 am
oh? i must have missed them. I looked, but apparently not closely enough.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 01:32 am
Never mind - at least the discussion here started. :wink:
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 06:56 am
One thing I notice about a$$holes, bullies, and villlains and evil people in general is that they all seem to excell at accusing others of the kinds of bad conduct and evil-doing whiich they themselves most habitually engage in.

It probably works on the same sort of level as the thing Hitler spoke of when he noted that ordinary people lie in small matters and hence assume others do as well, but also assume others would not tell grandiose lies since they themselves generally do not. In other words, evildoers and villains assume others would do the sorts of things they do.

Thus for instance we observe muslims forever accusing others of disrespecting their religion and their pedophile "prophet" Muhammed (MHBH), and thus also do we see de-moker-rats accusing George W. Bush of "lying us into a war".

Lying the country into a war is something dems excell at.

Kosovo might have been the ultimate democrat war in fact. That one was billed as an epic struggle to save the poor, long suffering Albanian Kosovars from "ethnic cleansing" and "genocide".

Nonetheless, German government studies indicate that nothing resembling persecution or ethnic cleansing was going on in Kosovo at the time:

http://www.iraqwar.org/germanreport.htm

and there is a Stratfor anaylsis indicating that nothing resembling genocide had ever taken place in Kosovo:

http://www.agitprop.org.au/stopnato/19991019stratfor.php

Stratfor is a corporation which provides political information to corporations conducting business in foreign countries.

http://stratfor.com/

There were a baker's half dozen or so realpolitik kinds of reasons for wanting to do Kosovo and, together, they did not add up to a case; the pentagon advised Slick not to do it. The deciding factor was the need to take chinagate and the Juanita Broaddrick rape allegations off of the front pages of American newspapers.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 06:58 am
... and he keeps going on to report this hoax from the communist 'junge welt' as truth ...
[The "junge welt" ("young world") is a newspaper published in Berlin. It could be best described as being "orthodox Communist" i.e. Stalinist
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 07:06 am
Quote:
Chief U.N. prosecutor calls Milosevic death before verdict 'great pity for justice'
Source
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 07:09 am
Here's another sort of a collection of 80s articles about Kosovo and the nature of the Albanian Kosovars:

http://members.tripod.com/~sarant_2/ksm.html
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 07:15 am
Aside from everything else, it turns out that one prosecution witness in this trial of Slobodan Milosevic stood up in the courtroom and stated that prosecutors had attempted to torture an accusation against Milosevic out of him:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/sr.gowans/markovic.html

Now, of course, in an American courtroom, that would be the instantaneous end of the trial and the prosecutor's career (doing anything other than washing dishes in the courtroom cafeteria) right there.

These cretins in the Hague have a lot of **** to hide. Slobodan Milosevic was guilty of exactly ****ing nothing, other than trying to protect an ancient province which has belonged to Serbia since 700 AD from a bunch of barbarians.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 07:21 am
He never said so in court, but only the "International Committee for the Defense of Slobodan Milosevic" said that Rade Markovic, former head of the Department of State Security of the Serbian Ministry of the Interior had said so.

Or do you have any source than those from communist supporters?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 07:25 am
What about the possibility that the ICC might ever attempt to try American military or political officials for mistreating hispanics (Atzlaners) or some other minority group attempting to seize an American territory in the manner in which the AKs sought to seize Kosovo and make it into a part of their "greater Albania"?

That's basically what the so-called "Hague Invasion Act" is for:

http://middleeastreference.org.uk/inlap020819.html

Quote:

.......The United States has been fundamentally opposed to the ICC from the creation of its Statute, which it voted against. It tried unsuccessfully at the 1998 Rome Conference to obtain a permanent grant of immunity for its personnel - in effect, it asked for its soldiers to be granted the right to commit war crimes. Not even the UK delegation was willing to be that supine. The current US administration then turned to threats to withhold its dues from the United Nations and to prevent its personnel from participating in any UN operations unless the ICC's statute is re-written in line with its demands or the ICC is scrapped entirely.

In one of the most reprehensible pieces of legislation to be placed before the US Congress, an anti-ICC bill has already cleared the first stages of legislation and has the support of the Presidency. This bill is dubbed the "Hague Invasion Act", because it authorises the President to use military force against the Netherlands to "rescue" any personnel detained by the ICC. I can think of few historical parallels in which a legislature specifically authorises the armed invasion of an acknowledged ally......

0 Replies