Kate Hudson makes a strange statement

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 06:55 am
Kate Hudson recently made a strange statement regarding hubby Chris Robinson (of Black Crowes semi-fame): "I don't worry about him [cheating on me] when he is on the road because he is way more into drugs than groupies."

Call me crazy, but isn't this the sort of skewed justifications made by abused people? I do hope it was a joke. Apparently, Chris is "off drugs" now.

Joe Rogan has a comedy bit he does about women who are addicted to dating a--holes. Basically the dialogue is between the abused friend and her girlfriend: "I can't believe you got back together, I thought you were through with him."

"He apologized...he said he wouldn't hit me in the FACE anymore....just the thigh, and not full strength." Shocked I was almost too shocked to laugh, to be honest, but potent issues are often well expressed in comedy. Rogan's feelings against abusive men were well presented in the bit.

Let's discuss...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,469 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 07:42 am
I take issue with people mistreating other people in relationships. This is one of the reasons why I have so much trouble making committments myself. I see marriages where couples disrespect each other and that appears to be a 'normal' and acceptable way to behave. I know I am in the minority, but I just cannot do it. If someone were to speak to me or treat me badly, I would not allow it and/or would walk away.

I once had a boyfriend who slapped me in the face. That was the last I ever saw of him.
0 Replies

BeachBum

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 07:55 am
Kate Hudson, if she's anything like her mother, is probably a flake and was joking around.

Heeven, did you kick him in the balls? Good for you for walking out on the prick. If I see him I'll knock him around for ya. Bastard!!
0 Replies

BeachBum

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 07:57 am
P.S. Most married couples don't disrespect each other. They're just so sick of being together they would rather be dead than have the same arguments and disagreements over and over again.

Hope that makes you feel better about marriage.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 08:28 am
I'm not marriage-minded at all anyway, so it doesn't matter. I gotta have my 'space'. Weird, but I find it unnatural to live on top of someone else.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 08:49 am
Mrs. cav and I are both people who need 'space', so our marriage is a tad unconventional, but it works. I also know that if either of us slapped each other, that would result in an immediate divorce Confused
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 09:12 am
I really think that she was making a joke about her husband being into drugs more than groupies. But why is Goldie Hawn a flake? Pure fluff, sure, but a flake?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 09:17 am
Yes they do BeachBum. Married usually treat total strangers with more respect than they give each other. I have no theories to support the observation, but it is a long term observation.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 09:21 am
When Hub asked me to marry him, me being a rather non-romantic, eshewing the moist eyed "Yes", instead interviewed him briefly.

There are three things I need to know, before I can answer, said I.
We discussed his religion, as I believe people must be compatible in this area if they are to live together as husband and wife, and raise children. An interesting discussion, which ended most favorably...

I asked if he would treat my parents well, as this was a deal breaker. He said he liked them, and would comply. He became best friends with my dad. One of his most loving gifts to me, and my dad.

And, I said, "Well, this sounds like it will be blissful. I must tell you before setting off on this adventure-- if you ever hit me, I may kill you. I feel like an attack by a masterfully stronger man on a smaller boned female invites whatever methods she may find to accomplish her defense. If you survive my retaliation; I will definitely press charges, and clean your clock in divorce court. I've never been hit, and no one is breaking that record."

He never hit me.

He probably never would have, but I think some things bear specific examination before getting married.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 09:21 am
I think the beautiful Kate was also making a joke, but I was curious about the actual words, and how coming from someone else, who was not joking, they would send up a red flag as per possible abuse.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 09:23 am
Sofia, sounds like the convo Mrs. cav and I had on the eve of the proposal Very Happy Practical, both of ya, methinks, and more power to you both for it.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 12:00 pm
THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE HAS DONE IT.
I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY NUTBAR WHO STEPPED AWAY FROM THE PASSION OF THE MOMENT AND HAD A CONTRACTUAL CONVO!!!

I'M LOVIN' MRS CAV!!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 01:03 pm
Personally, I would rather have the contractual convo than the pre-nup Very Happy

Pics of us coming soon, btw, once I get em scanned....you will love Mrs. cavs, Sofia.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 02:54 pm
Oh, cool!

Living together for 4 years first worked well for us two. All of that had been long established by the time we got hitched.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 03:00 pm
Yeah sozobe...don't beleive the hype about living together before marriage ending in divorce. Wife and I did the same thing, and here we are....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 03:07 pm
Very Happy How long have you guys been together, cav?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 03:29 pm
hmm, how long has it been, seems like yesterday, but that may be because we enjoy our drink Very Happy....half and half us, 4 yrs. living together, almost 5 married.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 03:38 pm
Cool. Similar here -- 4 years living together, almost 7 married.
0 Replies

Hazlitt

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 07:03 pm
Dear Sofia
Sofia wrote:
if you ever hit me, I may kill you. I feel like an attack by a masterfully stronger man on a smaller boned female invites whatever methods she may find to accomplish her defense. If you survive my retaliation; I will definitely press charges, and clean your clock in divorce court. I've never been hit, and no one is breaking that record.

Sofia, I'm a pretty mild mannered guy. I've managed to get through 71 years and two wives without ever even thinking about hitting any woman (as far as I can remember). If I were interested in a woman, and she threatened to kill me if I hit her, I'd consider her a poor judge of character and a volatile personality. I'd never think of marrying her. Make no mistake, I believe that any man who hits a woman is a beast, but does that infraction really call for killing? Killing is extremely drastic action.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 07:19 pm
Hazlitt, I don't know much about Sofia's history before her marriage, but I do know my wife's. An ex of hers, before me, did indeed threaten to kill her, and hit her as well. In that context, her talk with me, which was not far off from Sofia's post, on the eve of our proposal seemed fair and acceptable, and I loved and respected her more for bringing it up.
0 Replies