THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

neko nomad

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 04:42 pm
No table available at the moment at Chez Nekochan:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad0121A.jpg

The morning scene before breakfast. L to R: Miss Molly, Nekochan, Mitsu.
hingehead

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 04:52 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
I never thought I'd say it and I'm man enough to admit it....I love my cats....even Muschi....the spawn of Satan....

If I know you Bear being the spawn of Satan is probably the most appealing thing about Muschi.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 04:53 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
For the first twenty minutes it was up and the lights were on, she sat beneath it looking up, turning head side to side like a major stoner.

Correction, second most appealing thing....
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 07:56 pm
Now, c'mon Olga - we're posting pics.....what about Ms Poppy!?

Haven't seen a pic of her since the last one I posted, and that was almost 2 years ago!
msolga

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 11:23 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
the pre-dawn kitten rampages have begun ......

Arrrgh.

Come on, Rocky, you enjoy it! Razz

I do hope the solution to the eye problem is found soon!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 11:27 pm
@margo,
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/5734/x011be5.jpg

Great possum shots, margo! Very Happy

Looks in great shape, too!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 11:32 pm
@dlowan,
Glad to hear that Miranda is chirpier, Deb. As you will be, when you can finish feeding her those damn pills!

Maybe her coat condition has something to do with the antibiotics? They seem to take the shine out of human hair, so it may be the same with cats?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 11:49 pm
@Eorl,
Eorl

As others here have already said, the new kitten will definitely grow on you. It just takes a while to appreciate them, having gotten so fond of the quirks & endearing ways of a critter you've known & loved for such a long time. You never forget those critters, either. Right now my screen saver is my much loved Rats, who died something like 5 years ago. (My shadow he was, followed me everywhere!Smile ) There are so many other cats that I remember with great fondness, too. All of them, from childhood on, actually. I guess, really, they all become special in different ways once you've gotten to know them.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 11:59 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
I never thought I'd say it and I'm man enough to admit it....I love my cats....even Muschi....the spawn of Satan....

I never thought you'd say it either, Bear, & I'm having trouble adjusting to this new turn of events.

Whenever I think of the squinney/Bear household, in relation to family pets, I instantly think: beagle! Laughing

Sounds like you've got some very happy cats now. Lucky cats!

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 12:09 am
@neko nomad,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad0121A.jpg

Hey neko! Lovely to see you here again! Smile

Your photograph reminds me so much of dinner time at my previous house - except there were four cats eating way, in much the same fashion as yours. It's quite a juggling act, isn't it? Separating a particular cat from the others, watching to make sure that everyone gets their fair shair ...

I also see that Nekochan (my favourite!) is doing very nicely, considering she's not a spring chicken any more. Nice to see! Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 12:14 am
@margo,
Margo

I promise to send a Ms Poppy update over the next few days. I think I'd better stop writing about cats for a wee bit now, as some folk (particularly that terrible, terrible Doggy Person!Evil or Very Mad) might start thinking I'm .. well .. a bit strange! Laughing

hinge

We're all waiting to hear about your new feline addition. How's she (I think it's a she) fitting in with the rest of your menagerie?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 03:34 pm
Here's Possum's Christmas pic:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/9329/c001rc0.jpg

Don't you worry about dogboy, Olga, we all know he's barking mad! Twisted Evil

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 07:58 am
Well Archie, our new Maine Coon kitty is on board - Sam hates him, doodle terrifies him but it's the second night and we he seems to have settled in. The breeder said they left him on the tarmac so we think he's a little heatstruck. He's chucked up twice (we're feeding him the same thing the breeder feeds him) and he shakes a bit but he doesn't seem the list bit ill. Will post some vid to prove it.

He's got a beautiful long face and instinctively plays without using his claws. Sam's low growling doesn't bother him at all (I guess at home there were plenty of whole cats - Sam's a pale shadow). Mrs Hinge is besotted. Of course. I actually think Sam is already warming to him. Follows him around to see what he's doing without actually getting involved. Haven't let the dogs in yet but there's much facing off at the french windows.

ArchAngel or ArchEnemy, Archie already has a definite personality.
msolga

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 08:33 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
Archie, our new Maine Coon kitty is on board

Archie! Great name. Love it, hinge! Laughing

They might have left him on the tarmac!!!! Good grief! (Outraged in Melbourne! Evil or Very Mad )

Sam & Archie will be great mates in no time, I betcha anything hinge. So long as Archie knows his place in the pecking order & is duely reverential. Sam will get the chance to skite & show off no end & teach junior all he knows! Hell love that! Very Happy

How exciting. I wonder if this is the first Maine Coon in Cairns? (I wonder if farmer reads this & has anything to say about Main Coons? )
Rockhead

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 08:39 pm
@msolga,
cain't speak for FM, but I will say Coons can get quite large...

Sam might wanna start bulking up, or practicing his dirty tricks.
msolga

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 08:55 pm
@Rockhead,
Laughing

Like, really large, Rocky?
Rockhead

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 08:59 pm
@msolga,
I don't have one, but a friend has 3, and all are larger than my big Stinky by a margin...

(20 lbs or so when an adult, convert yer own metrics ya buggers...)
msolga

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 09:02 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
(20 lbs or so when an adult, convert yer own metrics ya buggers...)

Surprised

I wonder if anyone told hinge? Laughing

neko nomad

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 10:30 am
Miss Molly watching the activity at the birdfeeder from
the comfort of her perch by the patio door:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad0128A.jpg

And she's not impressed by what she sees:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad0129A.jpg

hingehead

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 08:13 pm
@msolga,
Yep we know how big MCs get. Sam's a ragdoll and they're a fair size (he's about 18lb) - we told him to be nice because one day Archie will be bigger than him, but he ignores us (just like I ignored my dad when he said the same thing about my brother).

Archie gets on fantastic with the dogs, Chloe the westie and Archie try to play together but they haven't figured out a game they both know the rules to. I often find The Dude and Archie crashed in the hall together (it's tiled and a cool place to have a kip in the tropics).

Sam still lording it over the kitten but the kitten don't much care. Will get the pics up soon....