Not a happy Possum! I wonder why? Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 05:06 pm
@margo,
um ... that is a play mouse, isn't it?
snood

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 05:31 pm
Dash and Cleo were Cheryl's, Joe and George were mine; now we're all one big ole cat Brady Bunch (except for George still gets after Cleo in a not-so-playful way sometimes).
dlowan

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 05:36 pm
@snood,
How on EARTH do you keep from disappearing in a sea of fur?????

Shocked
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 05:39 pm
@snood,
Now that's a pretty amazing achievement, snood!
You & Cheryl orta be congratulated! Very Happy
margo

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 09:04 pm
@msolga,
Yep - it's a furry thing and his latest selection from his overflowing toy basket!

He's lucky I didn't kill the little bugger.

During the friend's drama on Thursday, he got fed and locked in, as I didn't know when I'd be home.
So, by Friday night I felt a bit guilty, so gave him some extra food and cat treats and cuddles - and then he went to bed.

Fine - and I was making a cake for a picnic on Saturday, when I heard this howl from the bedroom (my bedroom, that is!). I raced in and he was standing in the doorway - spewing his little (or not so little) gizzards up - all over the carpet. He'd chuck a bit and then move, and have another go...so there were three very large patches of combination cat food and hair ball on the cream carpet! He then went through the laundry and threw up a couple more times in the garage.

I grabbed the kitchen paper towels to clean up the mess - and threw the leavings down the toilet - which - you guessed - blocked the toilet! Sad

I then tried to clean the carpet - with minimal success - so dirty carpet and blocked toilet, and getting late, so light is poor.

Saturday morning - toilet still blocked and I don't have a plunger, and I have to finish the cake and get a salad made and get out of the house by 9am. Raced around to the hardware store, finally found someone to help me, and purchased something called "World's Greatest Plunger". (You'd have to worry about something called that!)

No time to go home and try it - head off to meet friends and spend day in mountains with some 4-wheel driving - bloody magic day - and then home late.

Thankfully World's Greatest Plunger did what it was required to do. And Possum didn't get killed! If I'd needed to call a plumber - well - things may have been riskier - plumbing emergency a week ago cost me $510!
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 09:14 pm
I want to add Flash Gordon to the wall of beautiful a2k kitties.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/2878051932_228e1d5c75.jpg

I love my big strong handsome man. Smile
He is the most wonderful animal I have ever had in my entire life.
Quickly earning the title of BEST man in my entire life. Laughing
margo

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 09:21 pm
@shewolfnm,
he looks a nice, comfortable pussy-cat!
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 09:23 pm
@msolga,
We're thinking about a second cat - as a buddy for Sam, but we're not sure how they'd get on - Does Snood have any hints on integration?
Borat Sister

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 11:24 pm
@shewolfnm,
Gives off a lovely feeling, that cat.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 02:58 am
@margo,
Whatta day! Shocked

Glad that Possum has recovered, toilet is unblocked ... but what of the (used to be?) pristine carpet?

You did well!

Phew.

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 02:59 am
@shewolfnm,
Flash Gordon is quite beautiful! Very Happy

How many critter do you have now, shewolf? Quite a few, by my reckoning! A very good thing !
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 03:18 am
@hingehead,
Sorry, I'm not snood, hinge. But I have lived happily with many, many cats since I was a very young thing. (I hope this qualifies me to give advice!) There shouldn't be a problem with introducing a young cat (preferably a kitten) to a household with an older, "boss" cat. The older cat will induct the kitten into the joys & mysteries cat-hood ( Very Happy ) & the kitten, as a rule, will be very respectful of the older, established cat. This can be quite a shot in the arm (paw? Laughing ) for the older cat, too. Puts a bit of youthful zing into his/her life!
Interestingly, all the advice I've come across suggests that odd numbers of cats are not a good idea. Sounds like they tend to "gang up" on the 3rd cat & this might not be quite as successful as sticking to two (& I guess ,4?) But I can't vouch for this from my own experience.
dlowan

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 05:07 am
@margo,
Poor Margo!!!!
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 02:44 pm
@msolga,
Thanks for the advice, Mrs Hinge is keen on a Maine Coon kitten.

Quote:
Interestingly, all the advice I've come across suggests that odd numbers of cats are not a good idea. Sounds like they tend to "gang up" on the 3rd cat & this might not be quite as successful as sticking to two (& I guess ,4?) But I can't vouch for this from my own experience.

I've seen the same thing in sharehouses - particularly female-only sharehouses.
margo

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 08:08 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
but what of the (used to be?) pristine carpet?

Carpet has recovered least of all. I'll have another go at it this weekend, crises permitting. (bit of a risky time for friend at present!)
dlowan

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 04:01 am
@margo,
margo wrote:

Quote:
but what of the (used to be?) pristine carpet?

Carpet has recovered least of all. I'll have another go at it this weekend, crises permitting. (bit of a risky time for friend at present!)

It's always the carpet that suffers.
msolga

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 06:12 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
Mrs Hinge is keen on a Maine Coon kitten.

No stopping Mrs Hinge, by the sound of it! You may have to take on a second job if she continues collecting these critters, hinge. Wink

If I remember rightly, I think farmerman has a Maine Coon. (Or at least was contemplating getting one.) He might be able to tell you more ...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 06:17 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
It's always the carpet that suffers.

Laughing

(If the carpet's a light colour) have you sprinkled some salt on the spot after cleaning it up, margot? That helps.

Goodness, now I'm becoming concerned about your friend! Sounds very serious.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 06:24 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
Quote:

I've seen the same thing in sharehouses - particularly female-only sharehouses.

Ha!

But come to think of it, hinge, we had a very bad experience after adopting a 3rd cat, some years ago. Admittedly he was a little strange, but the other 2 (established) cats would have absolutely nothing to do with him! So he spent most of his days in the front yard, the other 2 out the back ... The mere sight of him bothered them enormously. So maybe there is something in this theory?