THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

msolga

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 01:40 am
I'm so sorry that Barney didn't ever return, Roger, but so pleased that Spooky did - & settled right back into his life at your place! That was a time of incredible upheaval in their lives (& yours!) and I certainly hope that you aren't feeling guilty or "to blame" for what happened. There are things we can't help or avoid & one of them, for you, was the necessity of a 3 week hospitalization. But I can well imagine your distress at returning home from hospital to the situation as you found it. Sad

As for Barney, I really hope he's found a wonderful new life (the ingrate! :wink: ) with a doting new owner.

You know, keeping three (even two!) cats happy & healthy is a big job for one person. When I first moved to this new house (after a relationship breakdown) I brought our three with me. It was one helluva task, especially as illness struck, I can tell you. You've got to be really committed to do the job properly, don't you?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 02:19 am
roger wrote:
msolga wrote:
Hi Roger

Could you fill me in, please. Of the cats that were missing, there's still one who didn't return? I've forgotten the details, sorry ...

Sorry for the neglect, msolga. I had forgotten I posted here.

Well, Barney was missing when I got back from the hospital, and this was last May. He was a good looking solid black cat, and quite friendly, which always seemed surprising as he was born to a feral cat at work. Since he didn't show up once since my return, it makes sense to think he found himself a home where people didn't just vanish for three weeks at a time.

Spooky was gone for several days on several occasions. Far from being despondant so far as I could tell, Nermal became much more affectionate. Maybe I was just being used. You know, a surrogate Spooky. Anyway, it's now Spooky and Nermie.

And Roger the Rat!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 04:09 am
msolga wrote:
urs53 wrote:
After my surgery, I returned home last Sunday and the cats have been lovely company. I cannot imagine being home all by myself. Whenever I lie down on my side, Mysan curls up right next to my belly so that I have a purring furry hot water bottle. It is amazing - she knows that something is wrong there.

Nisse still thinks it is strange that he is not allowed to jump over my like he usually does. But he settles down on my feet... Very Happy

Ah, it's a treat for them to have you at home, urs!

How are you now? Feeling a bit more like your old self? (Hope so!)

I am getting there. Thanks for asking, msolga. I still have to stay in bed or on the sofa a lot and cannot do anything. Yesterday, I did some dishes which brought some pain for my belly. So I guess I am not ready for that yet. Oh well, Nisse, Mysan and I just watch BigDice doing all the work at home! :wink:
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:17 am
Some days it's good to be a cat.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2212/2209390484_5b09002657.jpg
JPB

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:32 am
The two big boys

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2331/2208620419_a3e380493b_m.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:33 am
JPB wrote:
The two big boys

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2331/2208620419_a3e380493b_m.jpg

Wow!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:37 am
They're about 18 - 20 lbs each. The little guy is only 15 lbs.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:40 am
These beauties are yours, JPB? Very Happy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:41 am
yes, msolgo. They're actually a little bigger than when these pics were taken. The two big guys are best buds but the two brown tabbies are litter mates.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:44 am
urs53 wrote:
msolga wrote:
urs53 wrote:
After my surgery, I returned home last Sunday and the cats have been lovely company. I cannot imagine being home all by myself. Whenever I lie down on my side, Mysan curls up right next to my belly so that I have a purring furry hot water bottle. It is amazing - she knows that something is wrong there.

Nisse still thinks it is strange that he is not allowed to jump over my like he usually does. But he settles down on my feet... Very Happy

Ah, it's a treat for them to have you at home, urs!

How are you now? Feeling a bit more like your old self? (Hope so!)

I am getting there. Thanks for asking, msolga. I still have to stay in bed or on the sofa a lot and cannot do anything. Yesterday, I did some dishes which brought some pain for my belly. So I guess I am not ready for that yet. Oh well, Nisse, Mysan and I just watch BigDice doing all the work at home! :wink:

Glad to hear you're on the mend, urs. Just make sure you take all the time you need!
Nisse & Mysan will enjoy every single moment of your being home! Very Happy
Greetings to BigDice!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:50 am
JPB wrote:
yes, msolgo. They're actually a little bigger than when these pics were taken. The two big guys are best buds but the two brown tabbies are litter mates.

FOUR beauties! You're really an enthusiast! Very Happy

I love that "bunking" arrangement . Very clever.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:52 am
My clairvoyant side coming out......."I see a REALLY efficient vacuum cleaner in your house........"

(I can barely keep up with ONE shorthair!!!)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:54 am
msolga wrote:
JPB wrote:

FOUR beauties! You're really an enthusiast! Very Happy

I love that "bunking" arrangement . Very clever.

No, three -- one of the tabbies is also one of the big guys.

yes to heavy duty vacuum cleaner, deb. Fortunately, it's Mr B's job Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:58 am
JPB wrote:
No, three -- one of the tabbies is also one of the big guys.

Three felines. Gotcha. For a minute there I thought we had a new A2K feline record! Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 09:57 am
JPB, your cats are beautiful!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 12:35 pm
So, JPB, does the bunking position reflect the real pecking order, so to speak. That is, alpha cat on top and omega on the bottom?
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 04:03 pm
Yarn Harlot's Cat

This will take you to the Yarn Harlot's blog. Scroll down to January 19th for a typical human-feline moment.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 04:37 pm
Haha, very cool!

I hear Nisse complaining downstairs. Probably feels like he shouldn't be left all alone. Of course, he can come upstairs whenever he feels like it...

I guess we are in for a not too quiet night - full moon and very windy. Not good for kitties!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:54 pm
urs53 wrote:
JPB, your cats are beautiful!

Thank you, urs.

[quote="roger"So, JPB, does the bunking position reflect the real pecking order, so to speak. That is, alpha cat on top and omega on the bottom?[/quote]

No, Kato (the white guy) is two years older and definitely the king of the roost. The larger tabby tends to be second and the both pick on the little guy.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 09:03 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
Yarn Harlot's Cat

This will take you to the Yarn Harlot's blog. Scroll down to January 19th for a typical human-feline moment.

We had a cat once who was raised from a few days old by bottle (by us).

She ADORED my mother. When my mother would go to relax in the bath, the cat would go with her...and, as often as not, was to be found nestled on my mother's tummy in the bath, as my mother read quietly.

My first Siamese would leap onto my chest when I was in the bath.......not a happy habit if I happened to have my eyes closed, and was not expecting her.
0 Replies