THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

Izzie

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 07:53 am
@msolga,
Ha - my hands were holding on tight to the window frame....... mind you - the camera was there - a hot air balloon came over as I was climbing out and I snapped that once I got Kitty in!!!!!! Was more concerned about getting Kitty by the scruff of the neck - but.... ha, laughing, yep - taking a pic of it would have been just the sort of thing I would do....Razz

not in just a t-shirt tho..... like I say - SO glad no neighbours were around - that would have been a little shocking first thing in the morning Wink

Posting pics of the garden on the Yabber Thread - go take a look, if you will, at the poppies MsOlga - they are just amazing! Very Happy
msolga

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 02:06 am
@Izzie,
You are a brave woman, Iz, in looking after your animal & human brood. Smile

I checked out your poppy pics. Very beautiful they are. Enjoy your spring (with your camera in tow!), izzie! Very Happy
Izzie

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 03:47 am
@msolga,
Kitty pics later - all appears ticketyboo! Kitties are loving their garden. Vet again next week.

Be back tonite. x
msolga

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 03:50 am
@Izzie,
Looking forward to those, Iz!

You take some mean kitty pics! Very Happy
Izzie

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 02:39 pm
@msolga,
Hey MsOlga et al

Sorry - taken me a while

KittyCat is doing good.... back to the vet on Thursday to see what the vet says about his sight - but all is looking pretty good - the boyz are still play scrapping inside but are spending most of their time outside in the sunshine, so ...

here he is

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Summer%202009/DSC06277.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Summer%202009/DSC06193.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Summer%202009/DSC06135.jpg

here they are in the garden rocker

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Summer%202009/DSC06221.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Summer%202009/DSC06216.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Summer%202009/DSC06219.jpg

Kitty taking care of Murphy
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Summer%202009/DSC06232.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Summer%202009/DSC06224.jpg

Brotherly love
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Summer%202009/DSC06235.jpg

This is Millie
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Summer%202009/DSC06540.jpg

Very Happy
mm25075

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 02:54 pm
@Izzie,
OMG sooo beautiful! Very loving kitties you have there Izzie!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 02:55 pm
@Izzie,
I am own ed by 2 cats, dante cat is strictly indoor and garage lives outside with sleeping and eating in our garage. Last nite Lady Diane went into the garage for whatever reason and Dante got out. when Lady Diane came in she locked the door to the garage (from the kitchen) but when I arose this am and opened the kitchen/garage door for a ciggies and cuppa, garage came oven to rub my feet and demand a full food bowl, i noticed dante near the barely open garage door. Dante hissed overtly while garage sat at my feet seemingly "what the hell is this ****", I held open the kitchen door while Dante ran in and garage simply sat at my feet saying (in cat talk "what the hell was that all about" Dante ate brekkies and slept while Garage when out for the morning.
msolga

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 02:36 am
@Izzie,
Wonderful pics, as always, Iz. Smile
Hey, black cat's eye looks pretty good! Smile The stitches are out already? Surprised
And who is Millie? Confused
How many critters actually live at your place? (Come on, own up! You're amongst friends! Wink )
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 02:43 am
@dyslexia,
They don't really own you, you know. They just kind of let you live there.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 05:14 am
@Izzie,
The black one looks just like my cat "Lucky" who was shot by some damn hunters a few years ago. A spittin image .

We have a MAine Coon who develops hairballs cause shes such a fastidious little thing. My wife gives her laxatone (which she will eat like candy) However, every so often the cat goes through a day where she is listless and you can see shes in discomfort. Then she will yak a hairball and shes back to normal. Is there anything better than Laxatone for helping out the hairball problem in longhair cats?
Izzie

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 01:32 pm
@farmerman,
OH MY!

HE DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

BLACK KITTY CAT’S EYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH NO NO NO not again

YES AGAIN
YES AGAIN

Kitty had fluid coming out of eye, eye wouldn’t open... holey schmoley " into panic mode......

Kitty has punctured his other eye.

Kitty has to be kept inside for 2 days, eye drops " bless him " he’s a worry " he’s lying next to me with his arms legs all sprawled out over my legs telling me he loves me. Now, if I could just get him to quit scrapping he would be coco. His eye looks so sore " he can’t open it. Vet is wondering whether he is out marking his territory. So far, he’s coming off worse. Such a worry. What am I gonna do with him?

Good news is - right eye is good - still has stitches in but they should dissolve. Vet is happy with that eye now. Phew.

so..... Millie is Rea's daughter. Rea... is G's cat (G=fella) - so, between us - 4 dawgs, 4 kitties, 1 peregrine, 3 chooks, 4 ducks (ducks and chooks are sitting at the moment - we may have babies soon) .... he's Mr.PetShopBoy.....tho he doesn't sell pups and kits - but a menagerie of exotic animals - lizards, tortoises, fish etc - even the occasional spider (no thankee very much <shudder>). Just a few animals Razz Animals Iz us.

Hey there Farmerman - Murphy get's hairballs ... and Kitty gets hairballs from washing MURHPY! <ack....ack.... cough.... chokeup...spit... YUK> Nasty. Verra DYStasteful.

yupper Dys... feel like my kitties own moi. Love my kitties <waves to LadyD> x

msolga

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 12:53 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
The black one looks just like my cat "Lucky" who was shot by some damn hunters a few years ago. A spittin image .

We have a MAine Coon who develops hairballs cause shes such a fastidious little thing. My wife gives her laxatone (which she will eat like candy) However, every so often the cat goes through a day where she is listless and you can see shes in discomfort. Then she will yak a hairball and shes back to normal. Is there anything better than Laxatone for helping out the hairball problem in longhair cats?

I well remember the demise of Lucky, farmer. Sad

As for the treatment for hairballs, I honestly haven't a clue, I'm sorry. Here's hoping someone else here has some good suggestions. (I wouldn't mind hearing a few suggestions of effective treatments for short haired cats suffering from similar problems, actually.)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 01:02 am
@Izzie,
Quote:

HE DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

BLACK KITTY CAT’S EYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH NO NO NO not again

YES AGAIN
YES AGAIN

Kitty had fluid coming out of eye, eye wouldn’t open... holey schmoley " into panic mode......

Kitty has punctured his other eye.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

AGAIN!!!!!

The OTHER Eye?!!!

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Aghhh!

Quote:
Millie is Rea's daughter. Rea... is G's cat (G=fella) - so, between us - 4 dawgs, 4 kitties, 1 peregrine, 3 chooks, 4 ducks (ducks and chooks are sitting at the moment - we may have babies soon) .... he's Mr.PetShopBoy.....tho he doesn't sell pups and kits - but a menagerie of exotic animals - lizards, tortoises, fish etc - even the occasional spider (no thankee very much <shudder>). Just a few animals Razz Animals Iz us.

You've got a zoo there, Iz!
I approve! Very Happy

But thank goodness the rest of the brood is not nearly as accident prone as poor little Black Cat! A girl could become extremely impoverished!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 01:10 am
I thought, izzie, about the Black Cat eye situation .... are their nails long & sharp? Could they do with a clip? (No, I'm not talking about nail removal.) Being hopeless at such things, I used to get my vet to do a regular clip when I brought my cats in for other treatment.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 09:59 am
Another thought, Izzie...a vet once told me that you can tell a lot by where cats' injuries are. If they're around the head, that means they're likely the aggressor. If they get injured around the back end, they're the ones trying to run away.

Sounds like Black Kitty Cat has been looking for trouble. Sad And apparently, has found it. Is he neutered?

(Poor kitty kitty...c'mere, I'll let you lay by me.)
Izzie

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 11:16 am
@Eva,
Hey Hey.......... yep - my Black Shadow certainly seems to be in the wars - thing is - he's so loving and gentle (I swear this cat talks/communicates to me... really! Shocked > - and verra verra playful. Both of the kitties still tumble all the time - and both have VERY sharp claws even tho they are using the trees as scratching posts. I don't know if he is fighting with a neighbours cat - which I think is unlikely because when the neighbours cat comes into the garden - they both just sit and look at him and just watch - the dawgs normally see the neighbours cat off the premises - or whether it's Murphy accidently hurting him. I look at them saying "it will end in tears" - and it does. Bless 'em.

I 've only heard one or two catfights with the other feline residents - <howls - nasty> - I think it's more likely that it's a Murphy claw in Kitties eyes, when they are dapping each other. They also get into locks and their back legs go ten to the dozen on each others heads. (looks like wabbit legs when they are being held).

So.... plan is............. we're gonna clip their claws - got a handy gadget and will take the real needle sharp bits off (if they let us).

The only other thing I can think to do is get a water pistol and spray them when they start tumbling on the carpet - see if that may stop them - quick bolt of water - maybe... They really don't get nasty with each other - but do constantly play together - just haring round the house and.....tumbling, somersaults together.

They came from the Cats Protection League - rescue kitties - so they were both neutered then.....

KittyCat has opened his eye but he's blinking a lot - you know like when you have something blow in your eye. The drops are helping tho - it's not looking as sore as it did. That's good. Smile

(Eva - you would love him Very Happy)
dlowan

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 02:53 pm
@Izzie,
Even my really nervous cat lets me clip her claws perfectly quietly now....not HAPPILY but quietly.

It just took persistence.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 03:41 pm
Persistence, hell!

You should've seen me trimming Nervous Buster's claws last night.

I started with Rosie, since she doesn't mind too much. When she jumped on my lap, I petted her for awhile before reaching for the clippers. She started to get down, but I held her and she didn't resist much. I talked to her very sweetly, and when we were finished, she jumped down lightly.

Later I tried the same thing with Buster when he jumped on my lap. But once again, he freaked. It was all I could do to hold on to him. He is VERY strong! I kept speaking to him in a sweet tone of voice and managed to get three claws clipped before he made an all-out desperate lunge for freedom. I managed to hold on to one back leg, then realized I would have to resort to a full body hold to finish this. So there I was, lying on the floor on top of this cat, using my body, legs and elbows to hold him down while I finished clipping his claws. As soon as I let him up, he bounded...but stopped about six feet away...and sat there for a good while, looking at me with an amused look on his face.

This cat is almost 9 years old. I clip his claws regularly. I have never once made him bleed. I can usually trim his claws if I hold him tightly on my lap, but sometimes I have to get another person to help hold him. Last night there was no one else around, and his claws were so sharp he'd been hurting me.

Honestly, I have had many cats, but none have resisted trimming like this one.

dlowan

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 01:07 am
@Eva,
That's how I am with Miranda and pills!

Now that she has to have one every night, she is gradually learning that I am the Pill Boss....but I still get painful scratches from time to time.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 01:14 am
@Eva,
Wonderful image, Eva!
0 Replies