Music Stars Angry Over Katrina

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 08:15 pm
yup....
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 08:21 pm
Oh, you can't do that. You can't write scroll time and end a thread.

Or maybe you can--and that is never all bad depending on the substance of the thread!!!
0 Replies

Cezanne Dahlia

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 01:57 pm
*ahem* Back on topic...

Quote:
McGraw specifically criticized President Bush. "There's no reason why someone can't go down there who's supposed to be the leader of the free world … and say, 'I'm giving you a job to do and I'm not leaving here until it's done. And you're held accountable, and you're held accountable, and you're held accountable.

And of course Bush takes that accountability finger and points it directly back at himself.

I am not a fan of this couple's music but I do admire and respect them speaking out and saying what a lot of other people are thinking. Most people I know think that celebrities should keep their opinions to themselves and their mouths shut but why shouldn't these two speak out? They come from the storm ravaged Gulf states affected by this.

If they can use their fame, financial resources and whatever else it takes to bring attention to this, well then I say more power to them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:05 pm
I agree Cezanne.
0 Replies