Scumbag artist Thomas Kinkade exposed

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 10:51 am
I think that there is a perverse "sensibility" of some people who are attracted to his kind of art.

I like beautiful, realistic kinds of art. Rembrandt is one of my favorites. I would not give you 2 cents for some of the modern stuff that is passed off as fine art. Hey, there is no accounting for taste!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 11:20 am
I sometimes see paintings, especially of mediterranean or parisian street scenes, that grab my attention. But it's obviously not because of their artistic quality; it's because they are "charming" depictions of places where I would like to be. Kinkaid's trash does the same for his collectors: the typical little house by a stream with cozy lights inside is a fantasy site, fantasy illustrations, no more. His work has nothing to do with art as I understand it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 12:07 pm
Preferring Kinkade is also a money issue -- a big time money issue unless one is satisfied with prints. There are museums in Europe who have some of the masters in the museum shops reproduced in giclee, a much finer digital process than ordinary printing.

The point is these people have been bilked into paying outrageous prices for something manufactured for 10% to even 5% of the actual cost. His signature isn't even worth $25.00, so what does that indicate? That there is a limit to what one can market to the public and with little oversight, literally rob the consumer. That's why the FBI is nosing in, don't you think? The class action suits have been going on for some time and I believe only one of them has been settled out of court. Somehow Kinkade has managed to keep a lot of this out of the media but I know for a fact that part of the settlement was a full refund on the bogus art.

It's about the general population in American being dumb about art -- these copies of a painting are now allowed to be marketed in Europe. If the artist didn't make the plates and pull the graphic themselves, with or without some assistance, they are classified as posters.

It is over-the-line, bogus art and especially when one realizes that the same elves are forging his signature. This has been also done with Erte.
0 Replies

freedom252

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 10:15 am
Re: Scumbag artist Thomas Kinkade exposed
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

You people should be ashamed of yourselves forwarding these kind of hate-encouraged attacks against people you don't even know personally. What makes you any better than the millions of lousy people who watch celebrities and comment on every single action they make just because you wish you WERE them.

The people in this case who made claims that Thomas Kinkade is the cause of the failure of their galleries are pissed because they just didn't know how to RUN a gallery! There are over 100 or so of these galleries across the US... so why are none of the other dealers failing?! The claim of him groping a woman's breast is an OVEReggagerated recap of an incident the woman dreamt up in her attention-craving mind. The claim of him urinating to mark his "territory" is downright LOW and an unproven waste of trying to degrade a person's reputation... and why? Because he says he's a Christian!! We live in a world with billions of evil people! Even other Christians are being used for evil and they don't even know it. A good person does not feel the NEED to speak badly or forward negativity of and about someone else if they are happy with themselves!

So what if he slips up and drinks? We all make mistakes... just not ALL of us have those mistakes documented by people because not all of us are famous and have jealous people trying to bring us down for their satisfaction! I'm not going to sit here and claim to KNOW the man and say how wonderful he is and how family oriented and God fearing he is, because I can't even make that judgement. But I'm confident enough in MY life, MY self image, MY gifts, and MY faith not to fall to the levels of people like you who only focus on the bad things rumured to be taking place in the PERSONAL lives of individuals you wouldn't even be blessed enough to amount to in a millions years.

You can't believe EVERYTHING you hear or read... not even from the Times. I'm so shocked that the people at that magazine did not gather evidence of these claims before posting this person's article. I once thought better of the newspaper that suposedly never "gets it wrong". Apparently now, they're no different from The Enquirer!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 11:12 am
Wha?
Is this Kincaid himself?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 11:50 am
Could be. Maybe "freedom252" is some sort of paint by number kit.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 11:57 am
Laughing

Props on that on, cj.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 01:01 pm
If Thomas checked into this forum, he's likely more carefull now about covering up the numbers. Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 03:37 pm
Quote:
What makes you any better than the millions of lousy people who watch celebrities and comment on every single action they make just because you wish you WERE them.
, mostly because Kinkades talent is nonexistent and hes fooled a lot of people with his soapy sales pitch. You have to agree that his work is primitive, sappy, and insipid. People who collect his work are brain dead douche bags with no taste at all.
He cant even make a decent greeting card.
Id much rather see "outsider art" than his junk. The fact that all these suites are happening is because most of the dealers are just larcenous trash like he.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 03:43 pm
How many times does it have to be revealed that he uses elves to create his "limited edition" plasterpieces (sic) and have even produced many original paintings. He steps in, a la Peter Max, swishes (!) on a couple of strokes and then signs the painting. He sends them overseas to paint plein air paintings of European scenes. Many, especially those duped into buying his stuff, will believe that but caveat emptor to them. I've actually been in his former hired to fake factory before he took over making those pasted on canvas poster prints painting over by his staff of elves.

As far as a salesman, he has to be a shark to sell Kinkades.

I've learned enough being in the business over 20 years. I'm out of the limited edition market because of its shabby ethics and undesirably scruples.

Don't know how to run a gallery. Really. Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 04:23 pm
BBB
To bring my opinion of Kincaid up to date is that he is still a world class con artist scumbag.

BBB
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 04:28 pm
Yeah, and I got all emotional and typed "will believe that" instead of buyers of his work "won't believe that." Actually in Orange County, CA the galleries took it in the shorts because word got around and many people did finally come to their senses and stopped buying the crap. I did a lighting job for a house full of his garbage and, thank gawd, I only had to scope it out and price it, I didn't have to go back and actually do the install. I'm sure my installers were holding their noses as they made the paintings look like they were in a museum. I took their money with relish. I am not ashamed. Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 04:41 pm
Light, You didn't do your "job" properly unless you overcharged the bast....
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 04:52 pm
Moi? Overcharge people because I think they are stupid, and rich BTW, and deserve it? Actually, I gave them the same price I give anyone for the same job. It did some really intricate wiring changes in their house they would have paid an electrician double for and it would have been a crappy job.

They did pay the standard $ 250.00 per hour design and consultation fee. They didn't even get any psychoanalysis for that, even though I really believe they needed it. Anyone nuts enough to buy a house full of Kinkades and extra ones to put in the closet for investment is not playing with a full deck.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 04:59 pm
(Gee, where did that poster go? Think he had a rude awakening?)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 05:00 pm
Makes you wonder how so many ignorant people seem to have wealth not seen in people with a lot more brains.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 05:02 pm
BTW, my first comment about the overcharge was tongue in cheek, and knew as soon as I hit "submit," you were going to respond the way you did.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 05:14 pm
I'm in the audio/video field, residential and commercial, now but still doing specialized lighting for the company like the new low power consumption LED stuff. Then I go into Target and already there's cheap copies in that rope light product. It's rampant in all industry but especially American. Sorry that I still won't buy halogen lamps from any Pacific Rim source -- still stuck on the Belgium and German products. More money initially but in the long run,
cost half as much to operate (not to mention climbing ladders to change lamps and putting up with greenish light on your art). I mention this because Kinkade is basically that cheap rope light copy of professional lighting products, but he bilks customers by wildly overcharging for the product. Come on, anyone that would let their art be reproduced on coffee cups and night lights and sell it on those ridiculous TV marketing channels like QVC (are they still even around?) is not a serious and respected artist to begin with.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 02:33 am
gee, looks like i'll have to wait a bit longer for my Thomas Kinkade jigsaw puzzle to become a collectible. Razz
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 05:22 am
Someone should post a list of all the products hes been pushing. Ill bet that Kincade doesnt take a distant second place to KISS's Gene Simmons for schlock meister.

PS, I bought a Kincade "mousepad" .I wanted to draft one of those big monty Python feet coming in from the top but I couldnt get the damn paint to stick. I wondered whether Id be screwing with any copyright laws if I took one of his prints and supeimposed one of these feet stomping the requisite Kincade "house in the forest" and had it scanned and made into mousepads for gifts for my similar minded friends.
0 Replies