Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 09:50 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 15,486 • Replies: 109
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 11:04 am
I hate his stuff too, but this sounds like a personal vendetta.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 11:35 am
Quote:
Scumbag artist Thomas Kinkade exposed

Why are YOU so pissed off, BBB?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 11:36 am
I'm sure it's all Bush's fault.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 11:58 am
i hate Kinkade's work as well, but the antics he engages in when drunk don't seem relevant to the question of whether his company defrauded gallery owners. mind you, i won't mind it in the least if his Christian image gets tarnished, assuming the image was a facade to begin with.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 12:03 pm
There is something particularly odious about someone who bangs the Bible with one hand, while he stabs people in the back with the other.

Yeah, and I think that his work stinks too, big time. I think that cheap kitsch is the hallmark of his works. The only think that I can think of that's worse, are pictures of Elvis painted on black velvet! Laughing
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 02:51 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
The only think that I can think of that's worse, are pictures of Elvis painted on black velvet! Laughing [/color][/b]

Kindly leave my living room decorations out of this!

And yes, this guy is a scumbag for the following reasons:

1) Getting ridiculously wealthy by hack-painting. (mostly jealousy speaking here)
2) Using 'church' to sale said hack-painting. "Market it to the Christians, they'll buy anything."
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 03:01 pm
I'd never heard of him before...

yeah, that's some ugly crap.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 03:15 pm
Questioner, don't forget clever marketing, as in "Painter of Light", or mixing in his blood with the ink for his signature (which you can test for his DNA)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 09:35 pm
The jealousy reverberates here like that of Google going after Myspace.

"Myspace is a horrible place". Right. So's A2K.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 10:00 pm
Thomas Kinkade pees on stuff. That is hilarious.

LW will be ecstatic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 10:02 pm
To me, his paintings look too phoney to be good art.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 09:40 am
They do have a mass-produced look--which I know sounds silly, because they ARE mass produced--but they look computer generated, or something. Hard to explain.

The first ones, I thought were sort of homey--they delivered a feeling of home or childhood...but then, they all borrow so heavily on that same theme.

Norman Rockwells didn't suffer the same cheapening, even though they were all over the place. They had life and personality.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 09:49 am
Rockwell also had some artistic talent. Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 09:54 am
Quote:
Norman Rockwells didn't suffer the same cheapening, even though they were all over the place. They had life and personality.

I agree. I think that Kinkade's stuff exhibits a basic disrespect for people. Even though all his pictures are different, they are virtually the same. There is no real creativity. It is as if he were creating pictures for those whose taste he did not respect.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 09:57 am
yitwail wrote:
Rockwell also had some artistic talent. Laughing
Laughing Laughing Yeah, that, too.

and, yeah, Phoenix. Very Happy
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 10:03 am
plus Kinkade is so heavily marketed, like Star Wars or something. i happen to have a Kinkade crossword puzzle, which i won in a drawing (pardon the pun.) as you might expect, it wasn't too difficult to put together. Smile i once went to a Kinkade exhibit, believe it or not, and they had stuff like Kinkade credit cards, Kinkade bed linens, even a brochure for a gated community designed to look like a Kinkade painting. Razz
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 10:50 am
yitwail wrote:
...even a brochure for a gated community designed to look like a Kinkade painting. Razz

Don't knock it. I live there. It's pretty Kinky.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 10:59 am
cj, do the CC&R's dictate how many & what kind of dogs you have to keep?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 11:01 am
No dogs, only sheep.
0 Replies