Food Poisoning (I almost just died)

RexRed

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 11:59 am
I was able to eat a small sandwich last night and drank a few glasses of water. I am not ready to eat yet though today.

Today my stomach muscles are sore from heaving yesterday. Smile

I still have a slight headache too.

I called the poison control in the front of my phone book and they directed me to a state number in Maine.

Potential for contaminated grocery products.
287-3841

I called the Seven Eleven and told them and they were very nice and I also complained about the quality of some of their products.

They assured me it was because there was not a manager on duty at all times and that it was not store policy to put obviously bad items on the shelf.

The OJ that I bought was sticky and has OJ spilled all over the outside. Yet it was still stocked on the shelf. I was nice to them about it.

They want to be thankful that I did not call yesterday. Smile

I told them they were not doing a good enough job inspecting items before they were stocked and they were accepting of that and pledged to alert their employees and management.

I told them to inspect the OJ and call the manufacturer to see if there had been any other cases of contamination. I have to wait till monday to call because the contaminated grocery products center is not open on the weekends. They told me to keep the container cool and not to drink anymore of the product.

I would feel sorry if anyone else got what I had. Especially someone old young or with a compromised immune system.

I will be leary about shopping at a convenience store from now on. They just do not always rotate the stock and it does not turn over as fast as a supermarket.

Yet the supermarkets are better but not that much better. Have you noticed that the squished boxes and dented cans are usually the first thing you grab?

It happens to me all the time. And my local supermarket is spotless and very clean. Yet you can pick damaged items off the shelf.

Scrutiny is the key...

Thanks
0 Replies