Is homosexuality a bad thing?

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 03:33 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

...But that is the most common fact in this Universe !... Galaxy´s, Stars, Planets, Ecosystems, Species, Races, Community´s, Sex, Chemicals, and Atoms, they all are the product of Boundaries existing...

What promotes conflict is precisely not respecting the boundary´s !
...Invading foreign territory...

The sky and the Stars, to me, seam to be well in place !

I am not so sure that I agree!
[What promotes conflict is precisely not respecting the boundary´s !
...Invading foreign territory... These boundaries that we make up are not reality but rather concepts that we made up so that we can dominate!

Galaxy´s, Stars, Planets, Ecosystems, Species, Races, Community´s, Sex, Chemicals, and Atoms, they all are the product of Boundaries existing in reality and we did not make them up.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 03:39 pm
@reasoning logic,
We all tend now and again to make an artificial distinction between Man and Nature, but Man is just another natural being...
If we are to look to this issues without Bias we just have to go down History and check for how long did they went on, to understand if they are natural and spontaneous, or made up...
Made up stuff does n´t last long...a decade or two, but not centuries or millennia...
RexRed

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 03:49 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Its parallel, goes side by side, but not ensemble !
http://www.photosfan.com/images/black-and-colored-drinking-water1.jpg
Like this?

A
R
T

That photo made me cry.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 03:52 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I wish that you were right but I am afraid that you seem to be wrong. Do not get me wrong as you seem to be wise.

There are still to this day many concepts that have been made up thousands of years ago and people still believe them to be true and even usefull and are more than willing to die for them. Do you think that there are any religions that are not made up? Do you believe in the elephant god?
I forgot to tell you thank you for the video that you shared in another thread about biology that is the kind of info I like to add to my library.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 03:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
You are absolutely right on your remark...but mind that when I said well justified I did n´t said in what account...Religion and God´s are needed for a sense of protection...ghosts are shadows and "shadows" use to heat you in pre history !...(predators lurking in the dark)

So its is not a question of being true or false but rather on having "true value" in some sense...

..thus the well justified Cultural Relativity...one knows not being right on our Cultural preferences, but still justified according to our Nature and Identity given our heritage, background and context !
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 04:00 pm
interesting, on the evil thread, Fil A, said this
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

There is no such thing as Good or Evil, there is Change !
Hard, fast passed, and violent, or slow, accommodating and somewhat "pacific"... its all about Rhythm !

so if gay marriage is just a change, it should be cool
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 04:06 pm
@djjd62,
Again, I never though Gay marriage being BAD in any sense, is just not adequate if to retain all the symbolism of heterosexual marriage without adding their own characteristics...

I AM ALL IN FAVOUR OF GAY RELATIONSHIPS being FULLY protected by the STATE in every possible sense !!!

We are debating peanuts for several pages !
djjd62

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 04:11 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
i wasn't really thinking of good or bad, i was thinking more of your (at least to my mind from your post) support of change, so change your attitude about marriage, drop gender and just think of it as a union between two people who love each other, gender doesn't really enter into it
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 04:12 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Again, I never though Gay marriage being BAD in any sense, is just not adequate if to retain all the symbolism of heterosexual marriage without adding their own characteristics...

I AM ALL IN FAVOUR OF GAY RELATIONSHIPS being FULLY protected by the STATE in every possible sense !!!

We are debating peanuts for several pages !

Is symbolism greater than equality?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 04:22 pm
@RexRed,
No ! Yet both can play their role...
If it was the case of being bigger, I would be totally against, but the fact is that I am not...mostly I am in favour !
If it was a question of all or nothing I would certainly chose all ! (favouring gay I mean)
RexRed

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 04:28 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

No ! Yet both can play their role...
If it was the case of being bigger, I would be totally against, but the fact is that I am not...mostly I am in favour !
If it was a question of all or nothing I would certainly chose all ! (favouring gay I mean)
Symbolism only divides, what role is that useful for?

Endeavoring to keep the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 04:33 pm
@RexRed,
Symbolism is present in every action mankind takes...its about "Gravity" (cultural proximity) reference (axis and goal) and Nature (Genetic Heritage and its "Drive" orientation).

Quote:
Drive theory
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The terms drive theory and drive reduction theory refer to a diverse set of motivational theories in psychology. Drive theory is based on the principle that organisms are born with certain physiological needs and that a negative state of tension is created when these needs are not satisfied. When a need is satisfied, drive is reduced and the organism returns to a state of homeostasis and relaxation. According to the theory, drive tends to increase over time and operates on a feedback control system, much like a thermostat.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drive_theory
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 04:54 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

1 - Bisexual genes ? Oh that is the best joke I heard so far in years !...

2 - I am not Religious so don´t bring Religion and confusion where there is none on my part...

The x chromosome is purely bisexual and the fact that males have an x chromosome testifies to the natural necessity. The y chromosome can be heterosexual which only goes to show that the y chromosome, though less prevalent, in the overall gene sequence is placed there so just in case males forget to procreate there is a stop gap that nature provided for heterosexuals to make more babies. But nature has trumped up the cards with homosexuality because it provides for more peace over aggression and division. Now if you are advocating that males get rid of their x (female) chromosome you are nuts.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 04:57 pm
@RexRed,
That´s your interpretation on what I said ? Great ! No comments...
Males are made of X an Y so far...you are talking rubbish by stretching the meaning on what "male" is...

...maybe you are trying to convey the silly idea that we all are gay to some extent...

I maintain my amazement on account of your judgement on this... Laughing
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 04:58 pm
@RexRed,
I would like to hear Fil Albuquerque science to back up his claim to this joke that he is speaking about!
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 05:05 pm
@reasoning logic,
Just think on typical Alfa Males...are they less males on cause of the X Chromosome ?
No ! It simply means that being a "straight" MALE imply´s this very same genomic configuration !

I think its well known that the difference is justified on account of hormones in the womb...so its quite natural being gay ! Where did I said its unnatural ?

...fed up with this crap of natural or unnatural, and artificial...its all natural damn it ! Which does n´t imply all together, on the contrary... lack of clarity shhh !
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 05:20 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I did know of this science!

Your quote: [I think its well known that the difference is justified on account of hormones in the womb...so its quite natural being gay ! Were did I said its unnatural ]

I just was not sure of Rexred's science!
Now I am not saying that Rexred is wrong and you are right because I will have to do some research as I am not familiar with this science!

It sure would be nice if others could give their knowedge and links to point me in the right direction of this research. Thank you, Reasoning Self Logic
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 05:21 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
What is odd is that mostly animals at best are bisexual...none renounces to procreation with the opposite sex on account of this hormonal cocktail going "wrong"...so frequently I find myself wondering if pure gay people have a bias with the opposite sex...hopefully not !
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 05:31 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I think the difference is our brains having the ability to do far greater things than other animals. You do think that we are animals don't you?

If other animals had our brains do you think that they could be strictly gay like some humans?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 05:43 pm
@reasoning logic,
Honestly if there is no bias based on traumatic experience with the opposite sex, Yes they probably could !
0 Replies