Parking tickets

littlek

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 05:46 pm
Thanks Gala
pthththt Joe Nation, I'll work more hours.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 08:18 pm
I've always wanted to know how that word was spelled Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 09:35 pm
hahaha, that's a razz, in case you're wondering.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 09:45 pm
I think you should just pay the fine, and let it be.

In Florida it's $500.00!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 09:46 pm
Misti - I think I will be doing just that.
0 Replies

RKS

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 10:20 pm
NYC parking ticket
I got a parking ticket in NYC. I noticed that one of the letters on my plate number is wrong. Should I contest it? Or is it possible since the plate number is wrong, would the ticket still be able to trace back my car? Since the city is going crazy scrounging for money I fear that I might get a non-defunct ticket ruling and end up linking the ticket to me.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 10:21 pm
Very interesting question. Sorry I can't help you with it.

Welcome to A2K, hopefully someone else here can help you!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 10:50 pm
RKS, what have you got to lose?

Try it, you'll like it!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 10:52 pm
Yeah, they probably can't trace it, and if they do, maybe they'll believe it blew off the windshield or something.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 07:06 am
I dunno 'bout NYC, but most traffic tickets also list the vehicle's VIN. If yours does, and that does not match the VIN of your vehicle, along with the mismatch of Plate #s, you're pretty much off the hook as long as you contest the ticket within the time allotted. In general, no matter what the ticket says,your vehicle or plate are, if you don't respond by the deadline, you are considered to have plead guilty to the violation. It would be my thought the best thing for you to do is to take your ticket and your registration (the vehicle registration will have both the correct VIN and correct plate #) to the traffic court listed on the ticket and enter either a protest or a Not Guilty plea as may be appropriate under local law. Its not a thing to ignore as an Open Citation will encumber your vehicle title, complicating things like renewing registration, selling or trading the vehicle.
0 Replies

Gastronome

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:10 am
Parking tickets
I live in Everett, MA. One (of the many) things I hate about living here is having to park on the street. I got home late last night.. there were NO spaces on the "legal" side near my house, so I parked on the odd numbered side of the street. My alarm clock failed to wake me up (I never heard it). Well, I got my first ticket (and hopefully last!) of the season for "impeding street cleaning". $25.00. OUCH. I got out of one of these once by filling out an appeal form, stating my vehicle's battery was dead and the vehicle could not be moved (it was a van, and it was also the truth). Now I'm thinking of what excuse I can come up with, but I can't think of any valid ones, so I'll probably just wait 30 days and THEN pay the ticket.

Next apartment I get, it's going to have off-street parking.

By the way, I was searching for "parking tickets" and found this site, so, I'm new. Smile
0 Replies

dwelles

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 02:44 pm
This is even worse. I never park in a hanicap spot because I know those tickets are so expensive. I recently got a ticket for $100bux for parking in a handicap ramp. I didn't even know what that was. Seems every crosswalk in cambridge has one. But they are not marked at all. I contested it and the stupid lady didn't care at all and I had to pay it..

Cambridge SUCKS!!!!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 07:03 pm
That just gave me an idea....I'm going to start selling fake handicap plates and tags on ebay!
0 Replies