Parking tickets

roger

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 06:38 pm
OH! Not a bad defense after all. Idiots can be considered handicapped, can't they?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 07:09 pm
I'm the wise-ass who's always quipping that those who aren't handicapped and park in HC spaces are "Mentally handicapped".
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 07:13 pm
LOL Littlek! I'll bet you never do that again though ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 07:16 pm
sure I will! I'll never park in a HC space again though.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 07:28 pm
That's what I meant, lol ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 07:30 pm
hahahaha!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 07:48 pm
Hey! I'm going to start selling fake handicap tags on Ebay! Who wants first dibs?

Maybe I'm not THAT big of an ass...

My Fast Lane dillema: I'll just get a violation in the mail, which I assume is because my transponder doesn't register...I've noticed sometimes nothing lights up as I drive thru. All I have to do is send them an appeal with a copy of my statement showing it's in good standing, but I'm too lazy. Each fine is $50, and I have at least 4 outstanding...gonna have to pay it next time I register my car, or something.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 07:51 pm
aaaah, I see. You have to wait until the light changes!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 08:41 pm
Not really, it doesn't "change," it's just supposed to register as you drive through, and a few times, it just hasn't.

I may have misinterpreted "Fast Lane" meaning I should drive by at a 100+mph clip?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 08:46 pm
had my car taken away from me once. Registration had expired... y'know, when life just can't get any worse, it does.

So this was lunch time in Waltham. Fine. Borrow a car from a co-worker. Call the insurance co, get them to call someone in Arlington to stamp my registration, says that I've got insurance, truck off to Watertown to deal with the registry. Registry sez (you ready for this?) 'You can't register your car because you have outstanding parking tickets.'

haul ass to Cambridge (our fair city) MA, pay the damn tickets, to Boston to pay those tickets, and back to Watertown to get the registration squared away. Before they close!

Take the revived registration back to Waltham, give the guy back his car, he gives me a lift to the tow yard, and I drive home.

Long afternoon.

Three months later I'm in Waltham district court. The charge: driving an unregistered vehicle.

But I've got a valid registration dated same as the day i was stopped.

It's better to be lucky than be good.

But it's even better to pay the damn parking tickets as they happen.

Better still, don't get parking tickets.

Better still, keep abreast of yer damn paperwork.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 08:50 pm
Slappy - 18 mph, I believe....?

SP - rotten day indeed! I do usually keep up with the paper work, play by the rules, etc. Just this one time....
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 08:55 pm
Just this one time...

That's the thin edge of the wedge, 'k... Next thing you know it'll be driving on the sidewalk. Just ask Slappy.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 08:58 pm
thud! a dagger in your back, littlek! don't let them have it, you're a good driver! (except for those 2 times you ran a red light, teehee). just kidding. i think you should contest, you won't pay court expenses, and if it's sylvia day, i can take care of her for a few hours, we are buddies now!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 08:59 pm
15mph.

What's wrong with driving on the sidewalk? I thought sometimes they open it up to cars during heavy traffic like they do with breakdown lanes, no?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 08:59 pm
Contesting it and winning would be nice, I really don't have the money to pay it. But, contesting it goes against many of my principles.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 09:01 pm
What principles? That you should feed our money grubbing state? So you were parked there for two minutes, big deal...you DO have a legit reason.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 09:03 pm
A reason maybe, but no excuse.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 09:10 pm
Awww, Lil'K, always trying to save the world...

Wasn't that line in the Scrooge movie with Bill Murray?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 09:12 pm
I dunno, but it was a good movie!

I have high moral standards, donchaknow.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 09:23 pm
No, I don't...I'm not that easily fooled.
0 Replies