Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 03:43 pm
@maxdog,
...Mother Theresa was clever and wanted to sleep well at night...in fact, natural selection has favored species that cooperate because such social behavior is energy efficient. Those who cooperate have a better chance of surviving and passing on their genes to the next generation...love was "invented" by nature for the offspring having a better chance of survival if both mother and father are invested in raising it together especially in species that have a long developing cycle from childhood to adulthood ...so being high on dopamine and oxytocin worked well for mammals and primates and more recently people. Same goes with cultures and memes but that is yet a deeper dive at the topic best left for another occasion.
maxdog

1  
Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 04:41 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
You got really intense in this study . So you re saying i love a band because i have the benefit of pleasure listening to it ?
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 05:32 pm
@maxdog,
Or maybe the lead singer is hot.

Sorry for butting in but I’ve never understood the absurd concept of 'unconditional love'. Where did it come from? Well, thinking about it, maybe I know.

If love is bestowed on that which does not merit love, ie, unconditionally, it destroys any meaning or value in the word 'love' or 'unconditional'. So which word is being misused in the term 'unconditional love'?

I get that God loves us and we love our children even when they screw up but if we or our children ultimately squander the potential in us, there comes a time to let go, lest we let them/us destroy 'Love'.
Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 07:42 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

Would you love the band if they played bad? It's possible also, playing bad can turn up entertaining and be funny...is that your point?
Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 07:44 pm
@Leadfoot,
I liked this piece of your comment:

Leadfoot

1  
Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 07:06 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Thanks, and good point about the band.

Do you think there is ever a time to 'let go of love'?
Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 10:53 am
@Leadfoot,
I can give you the second half of my thoughts about Love...explaining it scientifically doesn't change anything about it.

Love for me in its most abstract form is about Rationality and Rationality is all about Connection, proximity, bounding...

I Believe in a Rational Deterministic bounded, connected Universe!
One Universe that has no actual Infinity, nor its inherited irrationality, with undecidable infinite Qualia!
Infinity is just a loop on a finite set of phenomena, it works in a fractal pattern.
I also don't believe in true randomness, because believing it would require believing in magic...
For something to truly randomly change it would require an Infinite set of potential morphologies...an actual random change is undecidable! It cannot materialize...
What we have instead with Randomness is just an obscure bad translation of another much more clearer word, Balance! (a 50/50 chance is about Balance, not indeterminism)
Well, I can feel the hate of some mathematicians reading this even some physicists...I don't care, it's all fine...in the game of semantics, there are several levels of drawing meaning from dark obscure concepts! Most lack purity! And Love, the actual abstract thing, is all about purity!

Let me say something else because I am only human....**** you Cantor you dumb asshole!

Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 11:18 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Thanks, and good point about the band.

I put it the other way around...Love will never let go of you!
Your information is not forever lost...you will come back in the next cycle, eon.
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 12:35 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
It does have a hell of a grip.

maxdog

1  
Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 12:36 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
It s true i would not love it if it don t satisfy my ears.