Travel - packing tips!

ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 08:26 pm
Oh, I shouldn't have named people. Am a sofia fan too. (hugs).
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:37 am
Industrial sized fan of all of you! Laughing
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 06:15 pm
Hugs to Sozobe, osso, all!

The travelling portion of my trip went fine, the packing tips really worked for us. I was able to do it all with two carry ons and something I surrepticiously called a pocketbook, which was another carry on...

I was searched, which was a useful experience for me. Having never been 'suspected' of anything, I was internally indignant and moderately embarrassed--which surprised me. Anyway, I'm glad it happened. I'm much more empathetic with people who are searched for nothing more than ethnicity.

Another great experience--taking the city bus. We'd never done this. We met a fabulous woman, who'd been raised in Brussels--uplifting tales of her strong determined single mother, fighting her way through an education and her decision to raise her children abroad, as a teacher for DOD children...

Horror stories from the families of very sick Vets and others at the Hospitality House in Richmond.

As for us, it appears we are a horror story in progress. He needs to be near death to receive a liver. Since I come here to escape that reality, please excuse me for bringing it up before. I thought I may have good news. I need to avoid thinking about it for now.

The Dramamine worked great for me. I kept chewing gum and yawning, but my ears didn't take the cue. I was functionally deaf for hours after landing, but I didn't get sick. Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 07:21 pm
Being functionally deaf for a few hours can sometimes be a godsend. Noise polution can be disconcerting, and a little quiet time can be calming. Our thought are with you and your husband.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 07:34 pm
LOL, CI!

Thanks. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 07:46 pm
Hi, Sofia. Glad for the good parts. Feel encouraged to post here about other things and not be thought unfeeling. Several of us have done that, are doing that, awkers understand.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 09:46 pm
Oh, Sofia, that sounds tough. More hugs.

Interesting experiences as well, though! Other-people's-shoes-walking can be cool.
0 Replies