A Born Again Diva

littlek

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 09:36 pm
dagmaraka wrote:

but if there's a gay club with a stage....

There's a few....... my mom just offered thier place for your lodging. But, staying in P-town would well be worth it. Especially if they're paying. I'm excited to go to this in ptown.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 09:41 pm
Oh, and Slappy, I'll go with you if you think you might need protection. But, you'll still have to go shirtless with DAG writ large.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 10:13 pm
noddy, i'm all too familiar with the Kazoo. Used it for years in my previous theatre group in Slovakia. It was a puppet theatre, though mostly in name only - we did most of the acting without or around puppets. Kazoos were handy for all sorts of sounds background.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 10:32 pm
I think you should tell Ryan you can play the kazoo.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:05 pm
Ryan will be the Caesar, did I tell you that? And Afrodite will be Cleopatra. She is stunning! Truly gorgeous. With a bit of a pot belly, hee hee, but who am I to judge.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:25 am
I went to watch Dag's rehearsal today and was quite surprised at the way all the gay guys reacted to her costume. I will concede that Dag looked pretty damn hot, but I am sure the gay guys have seen their fair share of Slovak stage beauties and I would have expected a more subdued reaction.

http://www.muffinnation.com/crackmuffin/damme_dancing.gif
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:45 am
it's kinda silly looking without music. guess you'd have to be there...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:46 am
I did notice littlek in the background, trying to look inconspicuous on her bicycle and wearing that wig.

Does she really think she's fooling anyone?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 06:47 am
Gus should write some of the Second Act dialog since it is still waiting to be written.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:13 pm
jesus gus where dya find this stuff?! LOL
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:37 pm
Jean Claude van Damme IS my biggest fan (that is Jean Claude van Damme, isn't it?)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:39 pm
hmmmmm so this show might go on the road?

cuz a friend of mine just bought a gay, Latino nightclub with a stage upstairs ... and he's looking for shows to bring in ...

hmmmmmmm

<I'll give him the website for the orphans>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:41 pm
please do. i can provide Ryan Landry's cellphone, too. Once I get it. I'll ask them what they think about Canada. ('tis but a 2 hour drive to P-town).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:42 pm
Tranna does have one of the world's biggest Gay Pride events.

hmmmm

Got someone else to talk to about this next Sunday.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:53 pm
Dak--

With a company like this--and the second act still unwritten--by all means tell The Powers That Be that you can play the Kazoo.

Padding your part with your many-many talents is much more respectable than a Casting Couch--and with this bunch, probably much more effective.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 03:43 pm
Jeezus! Is that a clip from Fame?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 09:46 pm
Dear people of Earth. I am a royal dork. I cannot help it. I think I have made a name for myself at the rehearsal today (second, I still don't know anybody) with

a) showing up with a designed folder - where I made a front and back page with custom font and a big drawing of Cleopatra

b) showing up all in color coordinated pik -grey outfit, done hair and makeup (sticking out like a pole among all the artists in torn jeans and black t-shirts)

c) bringing to the attention of the director to the fact that he spelled Caesar wrong in the whole script (Ceasar)

d)pointing out to everybody that today is Ides of March, when Caesar was actually killed. (Followed by silence, and "oh....great".)

Felt like a total dork, but oh well. That's who I am, there's no denying it. At least next time I'll be coming straight from my boxing practice, so I'll be sporting sweats, will be sans makeup , sweaty and generally more fitting in.

Rehearsal was way more businesslike. I oscilated between trying to melt into the backdrop curtain and attempting to stand out to get noticed. We did stage rehearsal - reading out the script in space...with songs and all that. Next Friday we'll probably get to my tapdancing song...uh oh.

I'm exhausted, and this was a short one. 'only' three hours. normally it will be four hours twice a week and five or six on a weekend. and then every day week or two prior to the show. ...

it's tough to be a diva, i tell you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 09:53 pm
I can avow to the binder. It has all the songs, a chart with her measurements (for costumes), etc.

And, they better get caeser's name right for the playbills.....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 10:03 pm
oh yes, that. we were supposed to hand in our measurements for costumes. so what does Dasha do? (that would be me.) She finds a picture of a figurene online from all sides, where all the measurements (neck, bust, hips...) are labeled from A to T.... So I imported that into my photoshop, typed in my measurements, printed it out.... DORK!! most people either had a scrap of paper or forgot.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 10:03 pm
Embrace your inner dork... It's gotten you this far in life.
Trust the dork.

As Noddy would say:
Hold your dorkminion.
0 Replies