A Born Again Diva

nimh

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 09:31 pm
I kinda like the ambiguity of "the lead slave" ... kinda the best of both worlds, isnt it? :cool:
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:39 am
Have fun at rehearsal, Dag. Two hours sounds kind of short!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:47 am
Good Morning your Diva-Ness. These came for you this morning. I didn't read the card this time so you have to fill us all in! Good luck at rehearsal today! I bet they are from that secret admirer! :wink:

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/1709/roses2xt.jpg
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 12:01 pm
ah thank you.

it's just the first script reading, mac. and coming up with rehearsal schedule.

(i am bringing my tap dance shoes though, just in case...)
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 12:14 pm
dag.
You might want to bring your boxing gloves as well. You just never know when someone is going to get out of line.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 04:54 pm
Well.... how was it....?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 06:06 pm
it was AWESOME! awesome awesome AWESOME!!!

i got to meet everybody, including Cleopatra in full gear (they were doing photo shoots for posters). We heard all the songs, sang choruses (lyrics are a riot).

So I'll be one of the young slaves, but also leading a procession when Cleopatra enters Rome. I'll be sporting a bleached white wig and wearing a white robe with golden lining... and tap dancing. With 3-4 others, but apparently also solo. Talk about excited!

Example of the lyrics, for when Cleopatra is to marry Ceasar:
Behold the soul
of Egypt's mighty throne
This precious gold
shall gain us all control
Control of all the land
From here to Pakistan
Two armies joined as one
Beneath the burning sun
Compatriots for life
We'll join as man and wife!
An interracial match
I don't mind Roman snatch
In fact I think it rocks!
I like Egyptian cock!
And wouldn't it be swell!
Octavian:
...may Egypt burn in hell!

music is perfect, too. There's about 12-15 of us, all of them are exceptional singers. Made me wonder what the heck I'm doing there. There is this harmonizing part where we girls go up all the way to the highest E, my head almost burst. But it sure was a load of fun.

ugh. sorry i'm rambling. rehearsals will be three times a week, three hours during the weekdays, and five hours on saturday... mix that with boxing trainings and tap dance classes, i have absolutely no evening left free..... and don't i absolutely love it! :-)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 06:10 pm
What a wonderful day you have had! I am so excited for you dagmaraka. You must take pictures when you can and post them for us. I'd love to see you in your costume!

You get to lead a procession? You go girl! Now, take a nice bubble bath, have a vodka tonic with a twist of lime, and get some rest. I know you are excited but I bet you are also exhausted!

A start is definitely born!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 06:14 pm
well...i wish. i also have to finish putting a newsletter together tonight, and get a major crack at this 30 page article - to be a book chapter tonight and tomorrow. Oh, and learn the chorus lyrics, and also go over tap dance routines... Fit in a bikeride somewhere (got to build up my cardio for my second? third? career of boxing - where I'm also doing real well and coach wants to put me in the ring...but alas, i have not time for all this, heh)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 06:15 pm
and dissertation? what was it on again? I hardly remember i was writing one...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 06:16 pm
Woohooooooo! Did you ask if I could watch a rehearsal?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 06:29 pm
i'm sure you can. there's always a ton of people milling around.

OH! the next one is on wednesday (7pm), you should certainly come. There's the Punk Rock Fag at the Machine every Wednesday (starting at 10pm). It's a guy doing mostly cover songs, but I hear he's fantastic. And it's free, you just have a drink and listen. That's right after the rehearsal.

oh, and tonight, there's a Fetish Party, after the last Death of a Saleslady show. Grrr, I wish I could have stayed!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 06:31 pm
http://www.ramrodmachine.com/machine/events/PunkRockFag_web.jpg

OH! One thing I forgot: after we're done in Boston, the show moves to Provincetown. That's right. So in the summer I'll be in the P-town three nights a week.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 06:34 pm
I'm coming to a rehearsal.

With no shirt on, and "DAG" spelled across my chest.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 06:36 pm
oh please do.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 06:41 pm
I will.

And for an additional touch of class, I'll wear one of those hats that hold two beer cans with tubes that go to my mouth. Can I borrow yours, Dag?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 06:44 pm
they're yours. I can't wear it during the rehearsal anyway. it's frowned upon for some reason.
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:19 pm
Where are the performances in PTown held?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:28 pm
oh, that i don't know. but i will ask. that will only begin in june or july, i think.

but if there's a gay club with a stage.... that would be the best bet.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 09:18 pm
Dag--

I'm exceedingly envious.

Tap-Dancing Head Slave seems like a part which could be padded to threaten Cleopatra.

If you took some Kazoo lessons, Cleo would definitely see you as the asp.
0 Replies