WORLD TO END IN 2012.

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:27 am
I dont want to alarm anyone but, Ive been hearing this alot lately
Does anyone have a better date? I want to plan a vacation and be back before it happens. I was thinking of getting the shutters painted , but now... whats the point? I am gonna get rid of that crappy piece of **** Roseville umbrella stand that my aunt gave us and we have in the hall. Who the hell needs an umbrella stand, Nobody carries umbrellas when the world is ending, seems kind of a token gesture doesnt it?
Knowing that this end surely approaches, what would you plan to do about it?

vinsan

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:30 am
Re: WORLD TO END IN 2012.
farmerman wrote:
Knowing that this end surely approaches, what would you plan to do about it?

No time to think about Armageddon... I am over flooded with emails.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:39 am
then you should endeavor to go out with a well sorted inbox. Seems obvious to me.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:41 am
12 minutes past 8pm!!

Im gona see my pal tonight, il have to cancel.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 07:19 pm
I see that not many people are concerned that their lives could be seriously ended in 2012. Well, Im busy collecting plastic bags
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 07:21 pm
I guess there's no point in quitting smoking or drinking now.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 07:37 pm
By 2012 the earth will be five years into the healing process that began when Dubya decided to vaporize Iran. The captains of the various countries gathered round their red buttons and there was much angst but it meant nothing really, because Grog and Grik, two massive reptilian creature brothers from the Ixli Galaxy and more specifically, the planet 24lluyt, heard the noise and glanced our way.

They saw the flash of light and Grog said, "What the hell was that?" Jumping in their handy dandy space transporter they zoomed close enough to watch the chaos unfold below them and, when boredom set in, Grik lazily stuck his arm out the window, grabbed the planet and popped it into his mouth. A quick gulp and the earth rushed toward the reptilian intestines (or snitts, as they're called on 24lluyt) and settled snugly against his intestinal wall.

A year later, on a trip to Yaktown, Grik farted and the earth was propelled back into space, surprisingly close to its former location, and close enough to the sun, actually quite a bit closer than previously, that things deep in the soil began to squirm and soon small gastropodish creatures were making their way toward land.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 07:40 pm
2012 huh??? before or after the World Serries?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:15 pm
so why 2012?

wot's the deal?
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:20 pm
At least Social Security will remain solvent, for the duration. And we won't run out of oil. A couple of burdens lifted right there.

On the other hand, we'll have to endure all those gloating fundamentalists.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:29 pm
Oh, good. 40 is a good age to go.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:31 pm
69 is a suggestive age to die. Oh, well, let the good times roll.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:50 pm
Well, let's see.

First, I'll have to convert those 20 year bonds to 1, 3 and 5 year CDs. Then I think I'll refinance the house on a 30-year note. (I only have 10 years left, so the payments will be much cheaper.)

Cancel the plastic surgery plans. Who the hell cares!

Hubby can take early retirement...we've got enough in the 401K to last us 7 years. The boy's college savings (who needs it!) will pay for a bunch of good trips for the three of us.

Lessee....what's next......<thinking>
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:51 pm
Im just the messanger Chai. I have no reason to believe this but, every time I pass the "literary" section of the supermarket I see that the 2012 deadline for the end of the world as we know it, approaches.

NOME SAIN? AIGHT?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:55 pm
yah man
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:14 pm
farmerman wrote:
Im just the messanger Chai. I have no reason to believe this but, every time I pass the "literary" section of the supermarket I see that the 2012 deadline for the end of the world as we know it, approaches.

NOME SAIN? AIGHT?

honky
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:17 pm
biyatch
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:18 pm
Cracker
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:20 pm
farmerman wrote:
I see that not many people are concerned that their lives could be seriously ended in 2012. Well, Im busy collecting plastic bags
I guess there are worse things to do than collecting impressionable old woman, although I can't think of any………
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:27 pm
Sorry, can't make it in 2012 - too much fun living!
0 Replies