Do you think Jesus died a virgin?

dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 03:25 pm
Not necessarily.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 03:37 pm
(Certainly glad I'm not arguing this point against Crave...)

Since IMO Jesus *ahem* remains a virgin, and that the tangentiary topic of self-satisfaction is simply too silly for discussion, may I posit another sidebar:

Was the Son of God allowed the occasional nocturnal emission?

(You should know if you've been following this discussion that mine is a serious inquiry. So try to respond likewise, please.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 03:38 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Sigh, I am reminded of angels on pins and think I am somehow responsible for it.

Howling with laughter!

1. Take the pins out and let the poor angels go IMMEDIATELY! You are a very bad Craven indeed!

2. Cruel people have been making angels dance on the heads of pins for millenia - you are one of a long line, so puff thyself not up.

3. Letty, I think Craven may be referring to the bonobo (or pigmy chimpanzee) - however, as a digressor I cannot let this go - to seek to ascertain the whole of an animal's reasons for having sex or its experiences while doing so makes training angels to dance (cruelly) on the heads of pins look easy.

4. Adultery, I believe, became a popular, and banned, concept with the ascendency of patriarchal societies - where it became crucial to know whose kid belonged to which daddy. (And the jealousy thing, too, I am sure.)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 03:40 pm
True dlowan, it could have indeed been a lady friend...or early electronics that turned Ms. Magdalene away from her life... Wink As for the adultery theory, blame agriculture, I say....that's where the idea of male-dominated 'property' really began...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 03:41 pm
PDiddie - if one were to believe he was, indeed, the word made flesh, then one must assume, I suppose, that his flesh was normal.

I believe that nocturnal emissions are a perfectly normal occurrence in the development of the human male - and not under conscious control - so I would assume Jesus had 'em - along with morning woodies.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 03:44 pm
The alchemists had a theory that one could, through a spiritual and physical connection with a soul mate, be 're-virginized'. I like that idea....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 03:46 pm
cavfancier wrote:
The other Mary, Jesus' mom, in a secret conversation with God: "Right, so all I need to do to get my son's career on track is to just say it was a virgin birth? Okay...anything for my little bubbulah."

(All in fun, don't crucify me for my blasphemy folks)

Cav - virgin births were not untraditional for god induced births of prophets and suchlike.

The Persian (and other areas) Zoroaster, son of or prophet of Mithras, was born of a virgin - in a cave or stable or some such - and the course of his life was not dissimilar to Jesus'. He predated the tale of Jesus by quite a long time.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 03:58 pm
d- that is all fine and good, and God bless 'em for their traditions...I just don't buy it, if one tries to assume these stories are fact. As spiritual stories, created to inspire people in a myriad of ways, they are fantastic. As fact, well, I met a phor legged human I wanna sell ya Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 04:07 pm
LOL!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 04:43 pm
cav huggles the bunny Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 04:45 pm
Bunny snuggles back!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 05:31 pm
Husker,

Did you ask me if I was blond a few pages back? I am. And at one time, it was natural. Is there some significance to your question? Just curious.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 05:39 pm
Lola wrote:
Husker,

Did you ask me if I was blond a few pages back? I am. And at one time, it was natural. Is there some significance to your question? Just curious.

Hey Lola, I bet I know.... Embarrassed Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 05:43 pm
of coarse Jesus did not die a virgin.he had already accepted to die for all of our sins.Imagine if he realized and felt each one.......... hense Jesus was not a virgin at death.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 05:49 pm
Snood, please tell.........I'm apparently a little dense. Are you and Husker embarrassed about it? Must be important. :wink:

Come on, don't be shy to share. Laughing
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 05:54 pm
Lola wrote:
Snood, please tell.........I'm apparently a little dense. Are you and Husker embarrassed about it? Must be important. :wink:

Come on, don't be shy to share. Laughing

Well don't tell anyone else, but ..

I think he might be kinda interested in you...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 06:05 pm
New Haven wrote:
Oral sex in the Hebrew Bible?

I've sent this question to a Rabbi. Have to wait and see, what he comes up with.

I can tell you right now that I think there is a good chance that he disagrees with me.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 06:06 pm
I fear we'll have to let Husker speak for himself on this. But...........(whispering)

actually, I'm now gray, but I'll never see it and neither will anyone in this lifetime, I've diligent with the hair color

And what does this have to do with virginity anyway? I'm no virgin, that's for sure.

Cool
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 06:06 pm
Deb,

Ya know, you always hear about the age old question about how many angels fit on a head of a pin. It was theology gone.. deep... or frivolous.

But I have never heard of a proposed answer to that question.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 06:29 pm
Well, as Frank Apisa would say, we will simply all have to agree that we know that we know we don't know, y'know?
0 Replies