Do you think Jesus died a virgin?

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2003 09:32 pm
Weird Bible stories
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2003 09:35 pm
When you get close to delivery you can totally feel the baby in the belly -- there's the head, there's the foot, ow there's the elbow -- so I'm sure old-timey midwives wouldn't have had a problem figuring out that a woman was carrying twins.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2003 09:37 pm
As a kid that was lost on me.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2003 09:45 pm
mary magdalene seemed to kinda like show up everywhere, announced or unannounced. silently lurking somewhere in the shadows with the vino, goodies, herbs, etc. ever present-like.

and she was the favorite, the 13th disciple and most beloved of all his crew right?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:51 am
I had a friend who called their canary Onan - because, of course, he spilled his seed upon the ground.

They - the midwives - could detect foetal heartbeats, too.

I would have thought first born meant first out - but there you go - I mean, why would arms or anything that went back in count?

I have a young client who was born 10 minutes before his sister. I said - "Oh, you won the race?"

He looked thoughtful for a while, then said with a rueful smile - "No, she kicked me out."

You know - has it occurred to anyone else to wonder why Craven's life appears to be passing before his eyes?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 09:26 am
Naw, Craven's a cool dude who knows life's pleasures. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 10:17 am
dlowan, the expression is ****ing like a bunny. i don't know if you aussies use that term? then, of course, craven adds a late addition that this is supposed to be a serious conversation...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 10:49 am
"serious converstion" ha, ha, ha......
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 12:56 pm
People, the very question is erroneous, since Jesus Christ is not a regular human like me or anyone of the A2Kers. He is God the Son, part of the Trinity, therefore He cannot be assessed using criteria applied to regular people, whatever these people are, righteous or not.
Quote:
We believe in one God, the Father All-sovereign, maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible;

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, and the only-begotten Son of God, Begotten of the Father before all the ages, Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten not made, of one substance with the Father
[...]

This is The Creed of Nicea. The bolded part of the text shows the divine nature of the very body of Jesus; therefore, He does not experience the same urges the humans do.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 01:15 pm
and yet he bled and died
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 01:17 pm
Terry wrote:
And if Jesus, God, and the Holy Ghost are the same person, does that mean that he impregnated his own mother?

Immaculate conception was performed asexually, by miraculous ways, therefore, no incest should be regarded in this case; I hope, you did not mean any blasphemous accusations toward the Savior and the Virgin Mary.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 01:21 pm
dyslexia wrote:
and yet he bled and died

This was pre-scheduled by the Divine providence. And the Resurrection came later, that does not happen to the regular people that were executed.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 01:28 pm
steissd wrote:
People, the very question is erroneous, since Jesus Christ is not a regular human like me or anyone of the A2Kers. He is God the Son, part of the Trinity, therefore He cannot be assessed using criteria applied to regular people, whatever these people are, righteous or not.
Quote:
We believe in one God, the Father All-sovereign, maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible;

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, and the only-begotten Son of God, Begotten of the Father before all the ages, Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten not made, of one substance with the Father
[...]

This is The Creed of Nicea. The bolded part of the text shows the divine nature of the very body of Jesus; therefore, He does not experience the same urges the humans do.

steissd,

The question is not wrong, you just don't agree with it. I do not think Jesus was the son of God, you do.

Now that wasn't what I was asking, even if Jesus were the son of God he come to earth in a man's body and suffered man's sufferings.

Nowhere does Jesus or God show a distaste for sex, this is man's implication.

Therefore I pose the question if Jesus had sex while on earth.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 01:30 pm
well, needless to say there are believers and non-believers and as much as the believers like to "paganize" the non-believers, we will not refrain from criticism of believers. its a 2 way street and is not likely to change.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 01:35 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
I do not think Jesus was the son of God, you do.

Well, in such a case we cannot argue; our basic approaches are so much different, that it will be impossible to find a compromise on anything pertaining to religion.
By the way, I though that you were a Roman Catholic, since you mentioned somewhere that you were Brazilian by origin. And Roman Catholics believe that Jesus Christ is God the Son...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 01:59 pm
confusing logic steissd were you not Russian born ergo atheist?
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 02:14 pm
I changed opinion gradually, and now I should consider myself being a Christian (though I do not belong to any specific denomination). By the way, atheism is not a national religion of Russians. They are rather Eastern Orthodox Christians.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 02:21 pm
Mark me down for a "yes", and I'll ask him when I see him next.

Unfortunately, I may not be able to relay his answer.

So, I would heartily suggest you all ask him yourselves.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 02:26 pm
Quote:
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 02:29 pm
Quote:
0 Replies