Interesting from Abuzz
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 03:17 pm
Ah, C. S. Lewis! One of my favorites!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 03:19 pm
Since I believe Jesus was a human being, I think he had the same desire for sexual gratification all animals have. Was he masochistic enough to deny himself that gratification? I think he might have been. Look where he ended up.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 03:24 pm
I have never quite understood celibacy, nor do I understand lint. Insofar as Jesus having sex, and based upon my very strict upbringing, I would say, no. Based upon what I feel now, I haven't really thought about it, truthfully. The message is what is important. Jesus, the man, showed two very powerful emotions--sadness, when he wept, anger--when he actually scourged the money lenders in the temple. Compassion is the seat of Christianity, and in that lies the real hope of the world.

Husker, that was an interesting link to the Abuzz discussion.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 03:51 pm
Letty
Just gotta love ya!! Smile Embarrassed Embarrassed Rolling Eyes

oh that just happened to pop in when I was do'in a search.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 03:55 pm
Celibacy, Letty, is not intended for the laymen: it is for the priests and monks that are supposed to devote all their life to God, that replaces for them family.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:10 pm
And how many priests, monks and NUNS - remember them? - manage it, Steissd?

I heard a discussion of this very issue on the radio the other day, and there had been a survey amongst priests about their celibacy - not sur ewhich coutry it was done in - from memory, 50% reported being in a sexual relationship at the time the survey was taken.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:14 pm
It really is too much to ask, I agree dlowan. Service to God or man does not suffer through masochistic surrender. Suffering is not redemptive. Service is. A strong, well gratified, rewarded person is in a much better position to serve than one who is struggling daily with self sacrifice.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:19 pm
Now, this is funny! People are discussing the virginity or sex life of jesus. I'm sure with some imagination, some people can come up with some good jokes - to boot. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:35 pm
Can't Dys or Blatham help us out here? What we need is a few really good one liners.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:37 pm
Well, jokes about Savior of the mankind are somewhat risky: they may be on the brink of blasphemy. Let us find some other subject for jokes: lawyers, blondes, Saddam, French Army and the like.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:40 pm
Dlowan, it is very sad to hear that people that are supposed to bring the words of God to the world are sinners themselves. Well, human beings are not perfect, and the clergymen, monks and nuns are humans, not the Angels...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:40 pm
moi? one liner? um
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:43 pm
You can joke about me if you like, Steissd. I won't call it blasphemy. I've very benevolent that way.

Dsy,

oui, tu. Come on, dish it out.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:46 pm
condoms? never use them I'm immaculate!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:49 pm
talk about the earth moving, whew
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:50 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:51 pm
i can do more than just WALK on water.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:52 pm
Ok, that one was really funny. Where's c.i.? Audience appreciation please.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 05:06 pm
Lola wrote:
Since I believe Jesus was a human being, I think he had the same desire for sexual gratification all animals have. Was he masochistic enough to deny himself that gratification? I think he might have been. Look where he ended up.

where? heaven, at the right hand of the Father?
0 Replies