Dick Cheney May Have Been Drinking.....Google Cache Snapshot

Zippo

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 11:03 am
GOOGLE CACHE SNAPSHOT OF ARTICLE SHOWING DICK CHENEY MAY HAVE BEEN DRINKING WHEN THE SHOOTING INCIDENT OCCURRED

Start the timer to see how long before this gets "orwellized".
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,463 • Replies: 42
No top replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 12:07 pm
by Bob Cesca

Was Cheney Hiding His Lewinsky?

Sirius radio's Alex Bennett just broke a rumor that the delay in reporting the news that Cheney shot an old man in the heart was due to an effort to hide or spin Cheney's female companion.

Pamela Willeford (shown right), ambassador to Switzerland and -- yes -- Liechtenstein, was part of the hunting excursion with Cheney and Whittington. And according to Willeford's account, Cheney and the ambassador were side-by-side when the shooting of Whittington took place.

The vice president's Secret Service detail had to decide what to do with Willeford by way of perhaps covering up her relationship with Cheney, and thus the delay in reporting the news.

The rumor goes that Lynn Cheney isn't happy with Cheney's close relationship with Willeford.

Again, just a rumor.

UPDATE: For more details and analysis, read RJ Eskow's latest article here.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/was-cheney-hiding-his-lew_b_15705.html
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 12:24 pm
Media Ignores Cheney 'Smoking Gun'

Quote:
Amidst the swirl of outrage, obfuscation and wisecracking, one fundamental flaw in the White House's Cheney shooting story remains. How can a 28-gauge shotgun fired from supposedly 30 yards away cause pellets to become lodged in someone's heart?

Quote:
As others have speculated it is likely that Cheney was drunk and he dropped the weapon, causing it to discharge and pepper Whittington at close range. Cheney refused to talk to local police until the next day and the Secret Service made sure the authorities had no access to him. This tells us that Cheney considers himself to be above the law.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 12:26 pm
Zippo, it does look like Cheney was much closer than we were told.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 12:32 pm
I'm shocked, shocked, to hear that drinking may have been going on during the hunt.

But serious, I though that was a requirement?

No, but really seriously...Cheney is going to be interviewed on Fox News tonight. I'm sure he'll explain everything...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 12:34 pm
But if he'd dropped the weapon, doesn't that make for a better story than the one we got? Why wouldn't they just tell the truth then? I'm not buying all the hype just yet.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 12:39 pm
Cheney's Chappaquiddick II: The Real Story Emerges
The real story is already emerging, if you're willing to do a little digging. Cheney and Whittington went hunting with two women (not their wives), there was some drinking, and Whittington wound up shot. Armstrong didn't see the incident but claimed she had, Cheney refused to be questioned by the Sheriff until the next morning, and a born-again evangelical physician has been downplaying Whittington's injuries since they occurrred.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rj-eskow/cheneys-chappaquiddick-i_b_15711.html
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 01:27 pm
This is a little catch-22-y to me -- women have for years been fighting to be accepted into old boys' club kinds of activities, like golfing and hunting. Recreational activities where nonetheless a lot of business gets done. If it actually happens -- if they're able to be accepted in that way -- it becomes that they're automatically mistresses, or something?

Still no idea what the real story is, but that element is kind of annoying.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 01:37 pm
Yep, I can totally see that angle. This is tabloid stuff.

According to a link linked to by the article that was linked (whew!) Armstrong's sister was also there, which makes it look suddenly less like a double date. So there's no way of knowing that the parties accounted for were the only parties present. It seems more likely that a lot of people were there.

Besides, I find the likelihood that any woman would find Cheney sexually attractive to be so low as to not be believable.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 01:41 pm
Well, with all due respect, I don't think it's fair to assume that two women accompanying the two men automatically means there was something salacious going on.

I mean, I hang out with women all the time, and nothing of that sort happens. Alas...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 01:42 pm
Quote:
Besides, I find the likelihood that any woman would find Cheney sexually attractive to be so low as to not be believable.

Henry Kissinger (no Adonis himself) remarked, "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac."
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 01:43 pm
Mrs. Armstrong needs to clarify a few things. This is from the link in my last post. I dont think she's been right up front with us. "Interestingly, Armstrong's playing with words here. She later said that she (Armstrong) hadn't had anything to drink, so at least one of the other three must have been drinking - and the other three were shooting. So while her statement was literally correct ("not everyone ... was shooting"), it gives the false impression that nobody drank and shot.

Then there was this item (courtesy kos):

Armstrong said she saw Cheney's security detail running toward the scene. "The first thing that crossed my mind was he had a heart problem," she told The Associated Press.
In other words, she didn't see the accident. All of her statements, replete with colorful sidebars about getting "peppered pretty good," gave the false impression she was an eyewitness. She wasn't."
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 01:46 pm
The detectives from "Law and Order" would be all over her like a cheap overcoat. Too bad this is the real world.

Well, sort of real. It's Cheney's world...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 02:06 pm
http://scoop.epluribusmedia.org/story/2006/2/15/135354/170

The inconsistencies with Armstrong's story, combined with her phone chat with Rove, are leading me to believe that something seriously wrong happened here.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 02:11 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184957,00.html

Check out the picture, this one:

http://www.foxnews.com/images/193126/7_25_021506_whittington_wounds.jpg

I'm not sure how you could get such an impact pattern from 35 yards with a scatter-rifle!

Must of been a hell of a choke on that gun

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 02:18 pm
I'm not sure about what it means that the pellets are so close together, but that particular pic might be misleading -- if the guy's arm is down and the figure is facing forward, looks like it would be the edge of a large circular pattern. (Hmm, having a hard time describing, want to draw.)

Interesting info tho, thanks.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 02:25 pm
Cyclo, Rupert Muurdoch (FOX News) is the media outlet of the PNAC (Project for a new Ameican Century),Cheneys Neo-con think tank. Though they may be telling the truth the information is highly unreliable.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 02:29 pm
Lol, you aren't telling me anything I don't know about the PNAC, Amigo.

I've been researching their group for three or four years now.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 02:30 pm
Embarrassed
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 02:37 pm
A little birdie I know just told me that in the interview Cheney gave to Brit Hume, he admitted having a 'beer or two' but said it was hours before the shooting.

Really, Dick? Just a beer or two?

But, we'll have to wait and see, won't we?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies