Man Dies After Insurance Co. Refuses To Cover Treatment

hamburger

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 03:28 pm
must have been a liberal.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 03:40 pm
Hey, the supermarket rags do it all the time. They take a story which might have a grain of truth, and blow it way out of proportion. The silly thing is that there are fools who believe this crap.
0 Replies

Louise R Heller

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 04:15 pm
username wrote:
You don't list ANY parties in your previous post. What are we supposed to do? Call everybody in Kansas City?

????????????????????????????????????????????????

I list SIX with easily obtainable phone numbers.

Could someone please help this illiterate with reading comprehension --- thank you!!!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 04:23 pm
Louise_R_Heller wrote:
username wrote:
You don't list ANY parties in your previous post. What are we supposed to do? Call everybody in Kansas City?

????????????????????????????????????????????????

I list SIX with easily obtainable phone numbers.

Could someone please help this illiterate with reading comprehension --- thank you!!!

And you might want to learn how to create a quote on this forum. Personally, I am really tired of your attitude. I really don't care as to what you have to say on this subject!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 04:56 pm
Geez, Louise. You state that a simple search will show that Mr Pierce had AIDS. That doesn't seem to be the case, so instead of digging a deeper hole of incredibility by calling other people names, why not just admit you have no source?
0 Replies

Louise R Heller

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 06:10 pm
J-B

You and your illiterate cohort here would like to think so, maybe think again.

I work for one of the pharmaceutical companies that makes some drugs related to some illnesses from which this man died. There's been a lot of trouble about our drug pricing so I called our rep at KCMO and told him to look into it. He called back with the info after speaking to some doctors.

YOU and that OTHER clown here have NO excuse for NOT making those calls IF you really WERE interested which you're obviously NOT.

Don't bother me with your dumb commentaries again I'm not going to answer you.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 06:17 pm
lrh : i can't quite understand your reluctance to give a 'link' to your source.
we do it all the time here on a2k .
i will quite often not insert a whole story but give a link, so that anyone interested can look it up. it's a very simply and time-saving process.
i would never dream of using the phone to chase down a story. i'm not a reporter and just want to talk with other a2k members by way of the internet.
i certainly don't want to offend you, just looking for better communication. hbg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 06:38 pm
Louise Heller doesn't seem to worry about offense, and may suffer from high self esteem getting in her way of apprehending others' abilities.

I am open to reading data one way or another on this issue re the insurance.

In any case, neither J_B nor Phoenix are illiterate, and have seemed to me quite temperate in replies to insults.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 07:02 pm
Ah, just as I thought, hearsay and rumor.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 08:41 pm
Osso- People with high self esteem do not react to reasonable questions by hurling insults. It is only people with LOW self esteem, who get satisfaction from putting people down, so that they can feel in the superior position.

Louise- I have nothing more to say to you......ever. Please go find yourself some literate people with whom you can interact..................if they will put up with your nonsense.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 08:52 pm
I'll back off to say I have no clue of L.H.'s selfesteem, nor is it my business.

But, damn, she's wrong on her targets' abilities.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 09:55 pm
Even if we assume this information is true, aren't there confidentiality issues involved in a pharmaceutical company employee revealing info about a patient that was obtained on the job?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 10:11 pm
Yeah, I was wondering if Louise might worry about libel issues. I hope for her sake she's using an alias. I'm not a lawyer, but I'd be mighty angry if I were a family member. Posting his picture and claiming he has AIDS when there is no documented evidence is over the line.
0 Replies

Louise R Heller

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 01:49 pm
Well I don't know where any of this speculation came from.

For starters a true statement can never constitute libel.

Second only the living can allege libel (if the statement about them was false, see above!) and the man died.

Third the only person I named illiterate here is the one who tried to ask "whom to call in KC" when I had given 6 people or organizations with perfectly good phone numbers.

Fourth if any psychobabbler here thinks that the AIDS status of a dead man could possibly affect my own self-esteem, please post the nature of the alleged effect.

Fifth pharmaceutical companies are bound by no confidentiality laws except in reporting test results to the FDA where names of study participants must be omitted, not exactly the case here.
0 Replies