A2K Fantasy Baseball 2006

Pantalones

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 09:27 pm
jespah wrote:
Y'know, there are consolation games, too.

Damn, didn't even make those.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 12:17 pm
A resounding call is heard from the third base fans zone at the Boston Puppies' stadium:

Ubi, zakolji, da Bostona maliklesta ne postoji!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 01:49 pm
Is it possible that fbaezer could pull out yet another late run and take the A2K Fantasy Baseball Championship two years in a row??

Only the Boston Puppies and one more round stand in his way. It could be a true "worst to first" ending.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:54 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

It's like two seasoned gladiators meeting in the middle of the ring when you and I clash, RJB.

Al victor vada vino.

I think you must have me confused with someone else.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 05:12 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Is it possible that fbaezer could pull out yet another late run and take the A2K Fantasy Baseball Championship two years in a row??

Only the Boston Puppies and one more round stand in his way. It could be a true "worst to first" ending.

Yes, it is possible.
Actually, some of my fans are already chanting "Ubi, zakolji, da Nepoznati ne postoji!" (Kill, maim, slaughter the Nameless).
You should take that as a compliment, for they're expecting you to beat them Pancakes.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 04:34 am
fbaezer wrote:
A resounding call is heard from the third base fans zone at the Boston Puppies' stadium:

Ubi, zakolji, da Bostona maliklesta ne postoji!

I understand that means "Boston Puppies enjoy grilled cheese sammiches!"

And, thank you. We do.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 01:07 pm
Damn, I forgot to activate Haren! <hits>
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 04:26 pm
Ow. Sorry.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 12:57 pm
Snarl, So one of my pitchers, Freddie (?) Garcia thros a perfect game, a perfect game, for 7 2/3 innings. He gets yhrough the 8th still with a chance for the Complete Game and Shutout. Do they let him pitch the 9th.
Nooooooo. I could have gained two points and been within striking distace of Tico. Looking a bit bleak now in a quest to be able to shout
WE'RE NUMBER, um, five.!"
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 09:07 am
I feel your pain on the no CG/SO.

Carl Crawford had two SB and a 3B for you last night, effectively giving you those 2 categories for the week.

I don't need anymore HRs or RBIs .... I need 1Bs!!!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 11:48 am
As do I.

I am sure I am going to lose this week, and will be in the 3-4 game next week. fbaezer, you've been a fine competitor.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 12:14 pm
Not meaning to prolong the pain, but my SP throws 8 innings of scoreless ball on Saturday but gets pulled at the start of the 9th. Meanwhile, Tico's guys on the same day (Saturday) get two CG and one SO.
Congratulations, Tico, on what appears to be a decisive win over the Rednecks. Wait until next year.
Or I'll get you in football.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 09:21 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Not meaning to prolong the pain, but my SP throws 8 innings of scoreless ball on Saturday but gets pulled at the start of the 9th. Meanwhile, Tico's guys on the same day (Saturday) get two CG and one SO.
Congratulations, Tico, on what appears to be a decisive win over the Rednecks. Wait until next year.

I don't get a CG/SO all season, then I get two CG in one day. <sigh> (Matter of fact, I just checked, and I had the lowest number of CG (4) and SO (1) in the league.)

But, it does seem the Ticomaniacs are going to take 5th place. Woo hoo!

Quote:
Or I'll get you in football.

At this rate it appears everyone will get me in football. Rolling Eyes

-----

Okay ... now I gotta go make 3 more roster moves to get to an even 100 transactions.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 04:34 am
Even with a decent week of play and not too many bad benchings (benched Burrell when he hit a GS -- ewps), fbaezer has still beaten the tar outta the poor Puppies.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 08:29 am
F.Y.R. of P.C.D. makes it to the finals where he will face the ShmokeanaPancakes... should be a good matchup.

The puppies and I will battle for 3rd place. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 12:49 pm
The Puppies were the best team all around. They beat me three times... but not the decisive game. Very Happy

I hear there are many chartered planes coming from Former Yugoslavia... I just hope the team will not let them down.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 04:17 am
Good luck to the championship players of both teams (JP, you need to be pancake boy here). Smile

The Puppies are offering slightly furry refreshments to all.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 07:48 am
Wow, we have a heck of a championship match going on.

The pancakes took and early lead, but like he has done all season, fbaezer is managing his team right back in it. Right now there are 5 tied categories and 8 others with a difference of two or less.

The pancakes still have a one point lead right now... the difference being a complete game pitched by Brett Myers just last night.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 11:09 am
Yeah, it's been quite exciting. We had a pitching duel going on. Myers against Bonderman. Jeremy was pitching a shut-out, but he received a couple of homers on the 7th or 8th inning, and was sent to the showers. Meanwhile, I was damning the Phillies.

Also, our batters have been quite productive. Pancake's Morneau went 5-5 the other day, but my team was outbatting them, until yesterday, when they edged in the homers and triples categories.

I must say jpin's bro is shrewd. He benched Burnett and somebody else. Both lost their games. I didn't do the same thing with Haren, though.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 04:09 pm
And this week I've started to dislike Tadahito Iguchi so much! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies