A2K Fantasy Baseball 2006

fbaezer

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:28 pm
May I entice you to this other fantasy game?

The A2K Fantasy Winter Olympics Game
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:45 pm
Hey fbaezer,

Glad you came back. The Pancho Villa Raiders are a much more brazen name then last years Dangling Carrots.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 10:01 pm
West Coast Dolphins are ready for the draft. It's a good thing the draft is 45 days away because I know almost as much as Tico does!!

Anon
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 10:08 pm
Welcome Anon. Don't worry about not knowing to much... I think I know what I am doing and that really doesn't help me all that much anyway :wink:
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 10:14 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Welcome Anon. Don't worry about not knowing to much... I think I know what I am doing and that really doesn't help me all that much anyway :wink:

Just so I beat the girlie man with the long hair! Have you seen he's already trash talking on the league site??

Anon
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:26 am
The Boston Puppies will bite all o' yer ankles!

We also know (er, I) shiznit about any of this. But we will have a crock pot in the dugout.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 08:16 am
I'm sorry Jespah... we have a very strict no drug policy in this league. You will have to leave your crack at home. We will also have random steroid testing (I'm looking your way Tico). The pot is alright though... that isn't really a drug is it?

Well the league is half full with 40 some days to go. If anybody else is interested... sign up. No experience necessary. There are five spots still open so sign up today!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:08 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
LOL... that bat looks a bit limp on one end Tico...

It has a wicked bite, I assure you!

Plus, it's all about bat speed ....
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:10 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
... We will also have random steroid testing (I'm looking your way Tico).

We won't be testing for caffeine or tobacco, right?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:11 am
jespah wrote:
The Boston Puppies will bite all o' yer ankles!

We also know (er, I) shiznit about any of this. But we will have a crock pot in the dugout.

I bet I know what your mascot is Smile

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:14 am
JP,

I'm going to have to read the rules and all. I guess it's already set up as to how many players, players per position, and all that stuff.

Anon
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:25 am
Yeah,

it will tell you how many players to draft at each position. It also has limits as to how many active players you can have at each position. It is really hard to mess this up because it will tell you if you have to many players or anything. Once our teams are drafted it is a lot easier to visualize.

I set the limits for catchers higher than normal becasue it is really hard to get all 162 games in for catchers (they rarely play all 162 games). So you will be able to have two active catchers every day. Limits for the rest of the positions (1b, 2b, ss, 3b and 3 outfielders) are set to 1 active player per position plus one utility player.

Pitcher limits are set to 2 starters and 2 relief pitchers (I think) and then 3 utility pitchers (starters or relief).
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:29 am
Ticomaya wrote:

We won't be testing for caffeine or tobacco, right?

We will be testing for those as well, but these two drugs must be present in your system in order to participate. The tobacco/nicotine requirments may be waived if your sunflower seed or big league chew intake is at least one bag per day.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 01:35 pm
Whew, I can do sunflower seeds and caffeine.

Will you be testing for Claritin? I mean, it'll be Spring soon, and all.

<reminds players to not soak their socks in the crock pot>
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 03:52 pm
Thanks for the explanation, JPinmilw. It appears that there were some other potential players as naive as I am about the game of baseball and the game of fantasy baseball. If the time requirement can be as non-timeconsuming as you suggest, I will probably play if there is still room available. The tough part right now is coming up with a team name. I can't come close to equalling Tico and that photo of the team mascot. And he also has that snake in there too.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 05:57 pm
I was thinking about it last year and decided not to but this year I went with the 'what the hell' attitude needed to win the title with beginner's luck.

The Fiery Tamales are out to get you.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:30 pm
Ohhh... the Fiery Tamales... welcome aboard JoeFX.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:35 pm
rjb,

The name really is the most important aspect of your team and deserves a moment of thinking before making a decision. There are 4 spaces left (and I think I can expand the league if I need to) so sign up.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 07:08 pm
JoeFX wrote:
The Fiery Tamales are out to get you.

My mental picture:

http://thecandybaron.com/pics/7041.jpg
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 07:22 pm
That was supposed to be subliminal advertisement for which I'm getting an undisclosed amount of money for this candy.

http://www.vallefudgeworks.com/shopping%20cart%201/Hot%20Tamales.jpg

Apparently it wasn't that subliminal.
0 Replies