A2K Fantasy Baseball 2006

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 07:31 pm
I'm in.

My team name: Sister Fister.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 07:49 pm
Nice Slappy... nice. I did her like this. I did her like that. I did her with a whiffle ball bat...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 07:54 pm
She was my favorite nun.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:17 pm
JoeFX wrote:
That was supposed to be subliminal advertisement for which I'm getting an undisclosed amount of money for this candy.

The typical Mexican sports tycoon!

JoeFX is following the steps of Vergara.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:19 pm
On an aside, jp, I think there is some adjustments to be made in the league settings.

We have an innings pitched category, yet at the same time we have an 1450 innings pitched limit for the season, which is very feasable. I suggest that either you change the category or change the limit of innings pitched.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:23 pm
fbaezer wrote:
On an aside, jp, I think there is some adjustments to be made in the league settings.

We have an innings pitched category, yet at the same time we have an 1450 innings pitched limit for the season, which is very feasable. I suggest that either you change the category or change the limit of innings pitched.

I see I'm going to spend most of this season trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing!

Anon
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:44 pm
Just a warning: I have self-diagnosed myself with ADD. I was in a fantasy league last year, and I looked at my team every other week. Can't get into this stuff too much.

So don't worry about me winning the thing.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:50 am
Oh, BTW, our team calls the Cuppycake song for our fight song/cheer.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:20 am
fbaezer wrote:

You think I should lower the innings pitched limit?

I increased it from 1250 or something like that. 162 games x 9 innings per game = 1458 innings per season.

I think I can lower the innnings pitched or simply get rid of that category.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:54 am
jespah wrote:
Oh, BTW, our team calls the Cuppycake song for our fight song/cheer.

http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/puke.gif
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:58 am
Maybe you could make your mascot the signing loaf of bread.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 01:11 pm
Slap a hotdog between a couple of those and there's our concessions contract.

Hey, I know my priorities.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 03:12 pm
Rappin Rednecks have joined the league.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 03:18 pm
Very nice, rjb.... welcome to the league.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 04:22 pm
When I was a lad of say 12 or so I had an intense interest in baseball. My team was the Milwaukee Braves. I can still remember, almost half a century later, the dream starting lineup. If the pennant race was tight, I would feign sickness in order to stay home from school in order to listen to Mutual Radio's Game of the Day. Joe Adcock at 1st, Red sch(bunch of letters)ist at 2nd, Johnny Logan at shortstop and Eddie Mathews at 3rd. In the outfield, Billy Bruton, Wes Covington and Hank Aaron. And Del Crandall catching the pitches of Warren Spahn.
The magic wore off. Discovering around that time that girls were not as disgusting as I had thought they were probably had something to do with it. As did getting into high school (8th grade back then).
My aunt had season tickets to the Cincinnatti Reds games and attended virtually every game until she died 12 years ago. Right behind the home dugout whenever the games were on local tv here.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 11:43 am
I was the exact opposite, rlb. I hated Saturday afternoons because dad always sat down to watch the game. It always seemed to last an eternity... on and on and on.

Now, the older I get the more I enjoy watching baseball. I still have a hard time watching an entire game on TV though. I usually watch the first couple of innings and then get up and do something and come back around the 8th inning,
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 01:24 pm
I remember around 5 years ago I waited with anticipation the saturday baseball games... because I slept so well watching the game. I did something similar to what jpin did, excpet my doing something was sleeping. Good times.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 01:32 pm
I use golf for a good nap. Beautiful greens. Peaceful quiet. The gentle golf clap as some background noise... doesn't get any better than that.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 02:36 pm
By the way... there are 2 spots still open. Tell your friends, tell your neighboors.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 02:41 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
When I was a lad of say 12 or so I had an intense interest in baseball. My team was the Milwaukee Braves. I can still remember, almost half a century later, the dream starting lineup. If the pennant race was tight, I would feign sickness in order to stay home from school in order to listen to Mutual Radio's Game of the Day. Joe Adcock at 1st, Red sch(bunch of letters)ist at 2nd, Johnny Logan at shortstop and Eddie Mathews at 3rd. In the outfield, Billy Bruton, Wes Covington and Hank Aaron. And Del Crandall catching the pitches of Warren Spahn.
The magic wore off. Discovering around that time that girls were not as disgusting as I had thought they were probably had something to do with it. As did getting into high school (8th grade back then).
My aunt had season tickets to the Cincinnatti Reds games and attended virtually every game until she died 12 years ago. Right behind the home dugout whenever the games were on local tv here.

I was a fan of that team, too, though from afar, realjohnboy. A friend found for me (and it's now framed and hanging in my house) a pennant from '57 World Series team. Decades before PC (obviously) it shows an Indian with a tomahawk in one hand and a scalp in the other. All the players names are listed on the borders, the very names you list above, as well as Red Schoendienst, Ernie Johnson, and, of course, the hero of that World Series, Lew Burdette!
0 Replies