A2K Fantasy Baseball 2006

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 12:28 pm
Alright so I went ahead and started a new league for this years A2K Fantasy Baseball. We had a successfull half-season last year with fbaezer taking the title. Hopefully we can get a little more interest this year. So is any body interested?

It is a free league (all you have to do is sign up) and only takes a few minutes a day (or even a few minutes a week) in order to manage a successful team. It is a live draft but you do not have to be present in order to participate. Trash talking is allowed and encouraged. Below is the information needed in order to sign up and join.

Hope to see you there.

Fantasy Baseball Homepage

League Info:
League ID# is 4610
League Name: A2K_Baseball_2006
Password: a2kbaseball
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sat Mar 25 5:30pm CST
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 24,093 • Replies: 685
No top replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 12:29 pm
ps. If you do sign up be sure to post here and let us know who is who.

My team name is The Milwaukee Ballers.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 12:32 pm
I'd like to do it--I tried last season, but I have a Mac at home that got kind of balky when I attempted to play...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 12:52 pm
I use a mac as well and it works pretty good. What OS are you using?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:17 pm
OS 9.2, which I'm starting to realize is way out of date...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:22 pm
Oh yeah... that might be the problem.

I think Netscape works well with Yahoo. I have an sbc/yahoo account and they suggest using netscape for most of their stuff.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:44 pm
I kept getting an error message when trying to sign into the custom league, it said the password was incorrect (yes, I just copied and pasted it).
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:57 pm
I get the same error message.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:58 pm
Hmmm... I think we had this problem last year, too. Let me check... be right back.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 03:03 pm
Oops... the league ID is: 46100 (I forgot a zero).

I tried resetting the password. it should still be: a2kbaseball

Let me know if you guys are still having problems and I'll send an email to the help desk.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 04:39 pm
bb
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 04:39 pm
The "Ticomaniacs" are now registered.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1029/arnoldbat1ca.jpg

Cower in fear!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 04:40 pm
wait...I'm doubled over in laughter
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 05:21 pm
Thanks for the pm/invite JPinmilw. I might play but I really have no idea how it works (don't look at me like that, Panzade). Can you give me a one paragraph or so summation of what is involved? I am sure there is a more detailed explanation on the site you referred us to but I don't want to go through the registration thingee without knowing whether someone who is totally naive can intelligently participate (not that being intelligent should ever preclude anyone from participating on A2K or being President).
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 05:28 pm
I wouldn't worry about it, RJB. I'm naive when it comes to MLB baseball, but I'm still convinced the mighty Ticomaniacs are going to kick the tar out of the wimpy Milwaukee Ballers.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 05:30 pm
panzade wrote:
wait...I'm doubled over in laughter

Well ... you're trembling and all quivery .....

I prefer to think it's fear, not mirth.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 08:55 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
The "Ticomaniacs" are now registered.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1029/arnoldbat1ca.jpg

Cower in fear!

LOL... that bat looks a bit limp on one end Tico...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:11 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Thanks for the pm/invite JPinmilw. I might play but I really have no idea how it works (don't look at me like that, Panzade). Can you give me a one paragraph or so summation of what is involved? I am sure there is a more detailed explanation on the site you referred us to but I don't want to go through the registration thingee without knowing whether someone who is totally naive can intelligently participate (not that being intelligent should ever preclude anyone from participating on A2K or being President).

No problem johnboy.

You start off drafting players for your team. You have a specified amount of first basemen, catchers, outfielders, pitchers, etc (the league will tell you how many to draft at each position). We are signed up for a live draft (meaning we all sign on at the same time and draft player live). Don't let this scare you though, you can set your team to auto-draft for you. Most people actually choose this option.

We draft from all of the actual active players in MLB. So in the end you might have a team that has A-rod at third, furcal at short, konerko at 1st and lance berkman as an outfielder... and so on and so forth.

Once teams are complete, all you have to do is set which players you want to play on which day. The league will tell you who is active for that day and at what positions so it is real easy and only takes a small amount of time per day. Once you set your roster, it stays that way so you do not need to set them every single day if you don't want to. But, you can only score points if your team member is active that day.

Then you score points for what your players do in real life. For example, if you have Bonds in your outfield and he goes 2 for 3 with a homerun and a walk, you would get points for each hit, the home run (plus one for it being an RBI) and one point for the walk. There are more categories for scoring but the league updates and keeps track of it all for you.

Your participation is really just a minimum of setting your roster as often as you like. Above and beyond that you can offer trades, add/drop players off of the waiver wire, and most importantly, laugh at the Ticomaniacs for their half limp baseball snake bat.

It is really pretty easy and a minimal time requirement. Plus, it gives you something to do everyday when you get to work (check your stats, set your lineup, trash talk a little bit). If you have any other questions just let me know.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:22 pm
Pancho Villa Raiders are all set!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:26 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:

No problem johnboy.

It is really pretty easy and a minimal time requirement. Plus, it gives you something to do everyday when you get to work (check your stats, set your lineup, trash talk a little bit). If you have any other questions just let me know.

Actually I'm doing quite OK in the Hockey League (3rd place right now) and I hardly know the names of the teams!
(Just went out and chose Canadians and Europeans, in the thought that American real life players may be overated by American fantasy players).

Hey, but johnboy plays naive... see how this knownothing did in football!
0 Replies