JerryR

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2003 08:12 pm
LIMONCELLO RECIPE
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 08:00 am
I will be experimenting with some drink recipes on vacation next week. Hopefully I'll come back with some great ones.
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 12:57 pm
way back Cav-
you asked for an opinion (s) on Sangria.

I LOVE Sangria, and have a friend who makes it fabulous- only ONE problem....two or three ounces (of hers) makes me tipsy Laughing

I do not drink alcohol often, (other than dinner wine- 3 0z)

But tall, cold, artificially sweetened and lemoned green tea is a hit.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 01:11 pm
Someone feline and famous once said of a Dry Martini:
"one is not enough and two´s too many."
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 02:33 pm
In a movie last night a Russian mobster mixed "Crazy Russians" for Jennifer Jason Liegh...half vodka, half champagne. That sounded dangerous....
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 03:25 pm
We used to pour wine coolers into a glass of ice, put in a spoon- and drizzle straight vodka in.... it froze the spoon straight up in the glass, couldn't get it out (without force).

(I don't know how I remember it, after drinking one) Shocked Smile
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 12:52 pm
Ice cold Vernor's.

Sangria.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 12:57 pm
Wow...old thread revived....I love a very cold hard cider, and as for other drinkies, try soda water, a touch of ribena concentrate, a dash of lime cordial, and frozen gin to taste.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 03:25 pm
this doesn't fit the topic but it's interesting, and it bookmarks this thread for me. Very Happy

Quote:
2004-04-08 - Wireless Flash Weird News
World's Most Expensive Scotch Available By The Glass

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (Wireless Flash) -- The world's most expensive single malt Scotch whiskey will soon be made available to the public by the glass.

Until now, the Macallan Scotch whiskey vintage collection of 38 bottles, which is valued at $170,000, has only been sold by the bottle.

But the Borgata hotel in Atlantic City, New Jersey, has decided to offer the 38 different vintages by the glass, where one glass can cost anywhere from $50 to $3,500 depending on the vintage.

The fancy schmancy Scotch is meant to be sipped not gulped, and according to a hotel spokesperson, the Borgata will have a special single-malt sommelier on hand to pour it when it's ordered.

Borgata big-wigs expect the Scotch to be popular since it is the first time it has been offered by the glass anywhere.

It will remain exclusively offered at the Borgata through June, when it may become available elsewhere.

can someone lend me $3,500.00 ?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 03:30 pm
Scotch is a good winter drink, but the price just ain't worth it.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 04:35 pm
Wine cooler Caifornia style - Sangeria (or any good red jug wine) with about a cup of soda water. Fresh oranges, lemons, and limes sliced thin. Soak oaver night and pour over ice. Yummy
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 04:18 pm
something that's good for you, and it has alcohol.

liquid vitamin
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 04:32 pm
Pink gin and tonic....(pink = angostura bitters)
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 04:36 pm
Beer vending machines? I'm gonna have to go try to find my "country girl needs enlightenment thread...
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 05:07 pm
There's a Cuban cocktail that's somewhat like a Mint Julep.

light rum
some lime
a bit of cane sugar (or syrup)
some sprigs of mint
club soda
ice

It's called a Mojito.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 04:55 am
Hmm, that sounds yummy InfraBlue. Sadly, I won't be able to drink this summer, and I did start a thread about these Tabu vodka coolers, from Vancouver (Vincor makes 'em) that I will miss this season. The original is prickly pear flavoured, then there is a mixed citrus one, and a red one, which if I remember, is really tasty.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 04:59 am
What warm weather ? I am freezing here - bring on the cognac !
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 05:04 am
<cav sends Gautam some virtual Meukow>
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 05:09 am
I dont drink anything which I cant pronounce (or I dont know what it is )
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 05:11 am
It's a fine cognac indeed, Guatam. I like to call it "Moocow", but the real pronounciation is "Moy-koff."
0 Replies