Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow reach end of road

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:49 am
Quote:
Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow split up

Sat Feb 4, 2006 5:49 AM GMT

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong and Grammy-winning pop star Sheryl Crow have split up, scrapping plans for a Texas wedding after two years of dating, People magazine reported on Friday.

"After much thought and consideration we have made a very tough decision to split up," a joint statement by the couple issued to the magazine said. "We both have a deep love and respect for each other, and we ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time."

A publicist for Crow said he was not aware of the statement and had no immediate comment. Armstrong's agent could not be immediately reached for comment.

Crow had recently posed for Allure magazine trying on a wedding dress and had told the publication that she and Armstrong planned to marry in his hometown of Austin.

Crow, a Missouri native and former school teacher, scored a smash hit with "All I Wanna Do," a track from her 1993 debut album and has gone on to win nine Grammy awards.

She met Armstrong at a cycling event in 2003 and the couple became engaged last year.

Armstrong won the Tour de France a record seven consecutive times.

A cancer survivor, Armstrong has been a highly visible fund-raiser for victims and survivors of the disease. His nonprofit foundation created the yellow "Livestrong" wristbands that became a nearly ubiquitous symbol of philanthropy and fashion.
source: reuters

http://img.timeinc.net/people/i/2004/04/news/040719/scrow.jpg http://img.timeinc.net/people/i/2005/features/qa/050321/scrow.jpg
PEOPLE: Sheryl and Lance Split

Sheryl Crow's homepage

Lance Armstrong's homepage

Lance Armstrong Foundation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,595 • Replies: 32
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 01:04 pm
Lance's former wife is a dead ringer of Sheryl Crow

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/11-05/1108armstrong2.jpg
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 01:15 pm
Walter
Next you'll tell me there's no Easter bunny. You had to go and ruin my day.......lol These celebrities............sheeesh...........

Maybe Sheryl got tired of "one hung low"...?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 01:31 pm
Sorry to hear about this. I wish them both the best.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 01:39 pm
Wow. The resemblance is shamefully uncanny.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:53 pm
Sheryl Crow is close to 40 and maybe too old to have babies.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 05:04 pm
Can Lance Armstrong have children? I thought he couldn't because of his cancer? I'm not sure about that though.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 11:15 pm
Sometimes life is just a bugger.

Quote:
Although she split from cyclist Lance Armstrong, singer Sheryl Crow got a taste of what her ex-fiance went through during his battle against cancer.

The Grammy Award winner underwent surgery Wednesday for "minimally invasive" breast cancer, and her prognosis is excellent, her publicist said Friday.

[URL=Although she split from cyclist Lance Armstrong, singer Sheryl Crow got a taste of what her ex-fiance went through during his battle against cancer.]cnn link[/URL]
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 07:31 am
Lance had child(ren?) after cancer with his ex-wife....he had a store of frozen sperm and they did artificial insemination.

I'm sure he can have more children if he wants.

40 is not too old to have children talk72000. Yes a womans eggs start to degrade after a certain age, but it is not as though 40 is an old crone.

If you're talking in general, like a woman physcially being able to conceive, you're not giving women much credit. We menstruate regulary into our 50's in most cases.....every period translates into an egg about 2 week prior being released.

So yes, there is a chance a woman past a certain age will have problems getting pregnant or maintaining a pregnancy, we are not "too old"

If that's not what you meant, maybe you should have expounded a little more.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 07:52 am
yes he has 3 kids from his ex-wife.

And I noticed that too.. he likes a specific type of woman
Basically...

an ex-wife look alike.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 08:07 am
Oh no! Terrible, terrible news!

Razz

And who the hell is Lance Armstrong?

Maybe he'll just a younger version, of the same model? Some men are like that. Out with the old & in with the new ......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 08:21 am
psst msOlga.

Sheryl was an older model - replacing a young wife.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 08:23 am
Hey, I stopped being concerned about celebrities when Elizabeth Taylor stole Eddie Fisher from Debbie Reynolds. That was so traumatic for me, that I decided that I did not want to become emotionally involved with celebrities any more! Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 08:24 am
Oh, thanks for that ehBeth!

Just goes to show how much I know about Lance!

And Cheryl.

Lance is obviously quite enlightened, then!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 08:27 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Hey, I stopped being concerned about celebrities when Elizabeth Taylor stole Eddie Fisher from Debbie Reynolds. That was so traumatic for me, that I decided that I did not want to become emotionally involved with celebrities any more! Laughing

What, Phoenix? Surprised

You weren't moved when Tom dumped Nicole? You didn't want to strangle him?

(Creep!)

Have you no heart at all?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 08:32 am
msolga wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:

What, Phoenix? Surprised

You weren't moved when Tom dumped Nicole? You didn't want to strangle him?

(Creep!)

Have you no heart at all?

Well, maybe a little. But isn't Tom a nutcase Scientologist? Nicole is probably much better off!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 08:39 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Well, maybe a little. But isn't Tom a nutcase Scientologist? Nicole is probably much better off!

Pheonix

Tom, it seems, is, well ... strange.

And Nicole is a beaut Aussie sheila, so we've gotta stick up for her, see? :wink:

He can't do that to our Nic! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 08:55 am
Getting off the subject of Lance for a moment....

Here are John Dereks 3 ex-wives....

http://www.stewartsattic.com/Marx/specials/whosjohnny/lindaevans.jpg

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/f/fb/180px-UrsulaAndress.jpg

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/personalidades/atores/bo-derek/bo-derek03.jpg

Do you have ANY idea how hard it was to find pictures of these three actually wearing enough clothes to post!?

ok, who is who?

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 09:03 am
Sure, you've got Linda Evans at the top. She was actually wife #2. Ursala Andress, in the middle shot, was wife #1 and then, there's Bo on the bottom, wife #3.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 09:04 am
The first one looks like Sharon Tate (but can't imagine it is). Don't know who the second one is and the third is Bo Derek isn't it?

eoe, your post just popped up before I submitted mine. That is Linda Evans! Man, she looks like Sharon Tate to me!
0 Replies