Biggest profits EVER by corporations....

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 03:00 am
.... As the say, "The oily bird gets the worm".

You, however, got the shaft.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 708 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 03:06 am
Quote:
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM.N: Quote, Profile, Research), the world's largest publicly traded oil company, reported a quarterly profit of $10.7 billion on Monday, rounding out the most profitable year in U.S. corporate history.

The results pushed up Exxon's profit for the year to a staggering $36.13 billion -- bigger than the economies of 125 of the 184 countries ranked by the World Bank. Profit rose 42 percent from 2004, largely due to soaring oil and gas prices.

source

Maybe they should just call it Exxonistan and give it a seat in the UN?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 03:09 am
Closely followed by its 'rival', The Democratic Republic of Shellvia...

Quote:
Royal Dutch Shell reported the highest-ever profits recorded by a company listed in the UK as the impact of the devastating hurricane season in the US and recent unrest in Nigeria failed to counteract the benefit from high oil prices.

Full-year pre-tax profits at the Anglo-Dutch oil group increased by 41 per cent to $44.6bn on revenues that rose 12 per cent to $379bn. However, with net profit of $25.3bn, the world's third-largest oil company failed to match the profits at its larger rival ExxonMobil which said on Monday that it made $36.1bn last year.

[URL=news.ft.com/cms/s/545638bc-93c3-11da-82ea-0000779e2340.html]source[/URL]
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 03:22 am
I almost wish I didn't know everything about the war, corperations and the government because now it all adds up and makes perfect sense.

Now I feel like I am surrounded by spineless idiots and have become bitter because I have to sit back and watch the whole thing unfold just the way thay planned it. There are far too little of people who care or now the truth to make a differance.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 03:29 am
I almost wish I didn't know everything about the war, corperations and the government because now it all adds up and makes perfect sense.

Now I feel like I am surrounded by spineless idiots and have become bitter because I have to sit back and watch the whole thing unfold just the way thay planned it. There are far too little of people who care or know the truth to make a differance. We almost deserve whatever we get at this point.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 03:38 am

Now I feel like I am surrounded by spineless idiots and have become bitter because I have to sit back and watch the whole thing unfold just the way thay planned it. There are far too little of people who care or know the truth to make a differance. We almost deserve whatever we get at this point.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 03:38 am

0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 07:35 am
Re: Biggest profits EVER by corporations....
Mr Stillwater wrote:
.... As the say, "The oily bird gets the worm".

You, however, got the shaft.

This is assuming that `you' weren't saving money, or didn't invest your savings in stocks. For most people, that was a choice, not a necessity; so if you're implying that record profits are a moral outrage, I disagree. Almost everyone can earn profits if they want to, just as almost everyone can earn wages if they want to.
0 Replies