In all honesty (part 2)

spendius

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 02:57 pm
dys wrote-

Quote:
poor taste to post I agree.

It's poor taste world ain't it dys?What wouldn't have to go if we allowed poor taste to be the judge.

Are you getting sentimental all of a sudden.

BTW-Nice pic.Very nice.Reminds me of a movie I saw once.

Edit-I remembered.Dennis Hopper.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 04:40 pm
Re: In all honesty (part 2)
dyslexia wrote:
on 01/09-06 I posted this thread which now appears to be substantiated;
Code:In all honesty I do fear the christianization of a2k will lead to the crucification of a2k. I don't see resurrection as a potential.

What will we do if people start talking about Religion in the Spirituality & Religion forum?????????

Help!

Mods!

Help!

Jane stop this crazy thing!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:50 pm
Better keep yer Stetson on Dys Razz
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:13 pm
nimh wrote:
Better keep yer Stetson on Dys Razz
the Stetson is for high-life events not riding hell-bent for leather though shitstorms.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:27 pm
dys wrote-

Quote:
the Stetson is for high-life events not riding hell-bent for leather though shitstorms.

Can we take it that this is the last drop being shook off the end of the pioneering way of life.

If there were no shitstorms there were be no credit for negotiating them successfully.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:31 pm
real life wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Code:In all honesty I do fear the christianization of a2k will lead to the crucification of a2k. I don't see resurrection as a potential.

What will we do if people start talking about Religion in the Spirituality & Religion forum?????????

Help!

Mods!

Help!

yeah really, real life noone would ever attempt to load the S R or any other forums on a2k to make war against the basic members in an effort to make a2k a new and devoted forum. right real life? bullshit!!!!
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:34 pm
I second the Bullshit vote!

Anon
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:37 pm
spendius wrote:
dys wrote-

Quote:

Can we take it that this is the last drop being shook off the end of the pioneering way of life.

If there were no shitstorms there were be no credit for negotiating them successfully.

I wear my "renegade" hat for shitstorms. Stetsons are serious hats relegaded for serious situations.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:43 pm
If you say so.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:43 pm
echi wrote:
IMO, it is "Us and Them". It's impossible to have a constructive dialogue with someone who has no respect for reason.
No wonder I can talk to my dog, but not my wife!

I like able2know.com as I have had many year of practice in not listening to things that don't make sense.

I should think that anyone who has been married for a spell would have these skills honed to a razor's edge, and be able to parry them against the noisemaker's dull wit with relative ease.

Think of it as:

..........Static Between The Stations Of Thought..........
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:48 pm
Gee Chum-

decode that and you have telepathy.

I once took a battery radio into the pub to demonstrate to my fellow boozers what was in the air around them.It actually surprised me.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:49 pm
Chumly--

It is static, sure. The less of it, the better.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:39 pm
dyslexia wrote:
real life wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Help!

Mods!

Help!

yeah really, real life noone would ever attempt to load the S R or any other forums on a2k to make war against the basic members in an effort to make a2k a new and devoted forum. right real life? bullshit!!!!

real life wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Help!

Mods!

Help!

Dys is saying what almost ALL of the long-term members know. This place is being ruined by an influx of undesirables. You're obviously a vagrant in our community, or you'd know. Everyone knows that he'd never ask a mod to do anything, nor in four years, have I ever seen him react to a situation with a comment like that.

This situation requires it. We've already lost pivotal members, and will likely lose more. What you wanted to be part of, is on it's way out of existence.

Since that is the intent of you and those you rode in with, hopefully, the owner will decide to keep his community clean and take out the trash.

Guess it is now us v them.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:43 pm
Which pivotal members have we lost because of this?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:45 pm
And what's "this"?

My first post to this topic stands:

sozobe wrote:
OK, what I don't get about this garment-rending is that we're talking about one person at the center of this. Just one. She's skilled at the emotional stuff and has gotten a lot of people riled up, but this isn't Hatfields and McCoys, one big group against another big group, it's really just one person. Iljc and I'mtheotherone are pretty much non-entities in terms of any lasting impact, Rex Reed has been around for a while, hephzibah has more to her, hasn't been around as much, and gets accolades for her ability to make sense and acknowledge when she's wrong.

These threads are themselves contributing to whatever importance this issue has. It's not the number of people, it's the amount that it's being talked about.

As in, if your complaint is that it's taking over A2K, this nothing but another drop in the wave.

(Personally, I think it's something that is important, needs to be talked about, has been, not going anywhere further, time to move on...)

One person, lotsa drops...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:25 pm
Don't you think this is getting a bit blown out of proportion guys? I mean, I haven't even had one Christian sign up because of what I posted on that site and I retracted what I originally posted?! Shocked Laughing

And now, other posters are getting drug into this that have absolutely nothing other to do with it than being a Christian. This has nothing to do with any poster other than me. Guys! Even if I had planned an all out war, like a real one even, it went kablewy! Embarrassed No one's coming! No one has shown up! Laughing

So, hey, laugh at me! Cool Ha! Ha! It's ok, I'm starting to find the humor in the situation myself. Not at any of you, at me. So, if you are mad at me then be mad at me but please don't be mad at anyone else for this. It was my doing. Mine and mine alone.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:26 pm
I don't think that most of us are laughing at you Momma. And, yeah, I think it's really serious.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:27 pm
Note to anyone: I answered soz privately.

Didn't want anyone to think I ignored her question.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:30 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Don't you think this is getting a bit blown out of proportion guys?

Ain't us workin' the pump, kid.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:33 pm
littlek,

Yes, it is serious and I certainly do not mean to make it sound like it is not. And I'm willing to take whatever anyone wants to throw at me for doing it. I just don't want to see anybody else take flack for what I did.

And hey, no one showed up, so that's like kind of embarrassing but it's ok too. So, I don't mind taking flack for that as long as it's just me that gets it.

It just seems to have gotten so big so fast. The more I try to explain the bigger the conspiracy seems to become. I mean it went from me asking other Christians to join A2K to I have declared all and all war (I know, a very bad choice of words on my part) when I never meant that A2K would be completely overtaken by Christians. I don't even know that many! Laughing
0 Replies