In all honesty (part 2)

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 01:47 pm
Lash and I realized something the other night!. We're actually are feeding a fire here! I don't know about anyone else, but I've noticed Momma loves being the center of attention. I think she feels that this is part of the holy faithfuls battle with the evil and wicked, and SHE is the LEAD CRUSADER!

I'm not teasing or being facetious now, I think she sees herself as the "Savior" of A2K, with her Spiritual Warriors watching her back and aiding in the"war"! It's aided and abetted by US, feeding her needs and delusions. We're giving her everything shes needs.

I SUGGEST WE LET HER AND HER FAITHFUL CONTINUE ON ... BUT ALONE.

Lets stop feeding the fire! Lets stop letting her live the fantasy. I for one, am butting out. I know we can't keep her out of the Topics we start regarding Spiritually and Religion, but we can sure as hell ignore her and her crusaders of the faith. Let them play nice by themselves and preach to themselves in their Topics they start. We can just ignore them in ours.

Now if you like seeing Momma and her Crusaders crawl up on their crosses and pontificate, by all means, have a blast. Bring lots of wood and nails and party on!

I would like to see some Topics in this forum that DON'T make her and her "army" the center of attention.

I'm outta here ... see ya on the Avenue!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 02:07 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
The only illuminating element of this thread is the reinforcement of the fact that intolerance is monotonously the same, from whatever corner it arises.

Christians have no use for Jedi Knights either Obi Wan Kanobe.

Anon
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 02:15 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Momma loves being the center of attention.

If that's the case then she fit right in with the rest of A2K..
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 03:20 pm
Setanta wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Your assessment is without merit, and my concern is real, not alleged--a topic on which i am qualified to speak and you are not.

What are the qualifications that you're imposing that allow you to speak on the matter and force me to remain silent? I thought you were against silencing criticism.

That's an awfully brainless reply from someone who normally displays intelligence. You are not qualified to speak on whether or not i am genuinely concerned about a matter because you are not me--i didn't say you couldn't speak on the subject, just that you lack any authority in the matter. Duh . . .

Awfully brainless? I'm not going to allow your intellectual dishonesty to slide by on this matter.

You claimed that you had a VALID concern. You identified a alleged problem that you stated WE needed to address.

Here's what you said:

Setana wrote:
What you think about whether or not it should be forgotten, whether or not people should move on, Phoenix, doesn't determine the relevance of this thread. The author of this thread has a valid concern about the activities of people here who have hoped to significantly alter this site to suit their personal imaginary friend superstition--i agree that this is something about which to be concerned.

As long as people like MOAN are here, indulging in special pleading about what offends them in people's remarks about their imaginary friend, we've got a problem which needs to be addressed.

I don't mind that folks like MOAN subscribe to an idiotic superstition--i do mind that they would attempt to silence criticism.

Again, you identified your alleged concern as VALID. You stated that we've (not just you) got a problem that needs to be addressed.

You identified the alleged problem that causes your alleged concern as people like Momma Angel who allegedly attempts to silence criticism by claiming you hurt her feelings.

Wow. Even if MA has claimed that she is offended by your criticism, how does that equate to this HUGE problem that threatens to ruin this entire discussion forum by silencing criticism? You protest too much.

I addressed you allegations of having a VALID concern. I addressed your allegation that we've got a problem that needs to be addressed:

Setana wrote:
I doubt that you would ever allow yourself to be swayed by Momma Angel's sensitivity to the point of silencing your own voice or curtailing your criticism of her religious beliefs.

Your alleged concern about silencing criticism is without merit.

If MA's posts upset you, employ the scroll-past option.

Again, your alleged concern about silencing criticism is without merit. You have no valid concern; there is no problem. You possess adequate debating skills to address an appeal to emotion without being forced to silence your voice or abandon this discussion forum.

Inasmuch as you continuously describe MA as having a "personal imaginary friend superstition," there is nothing wrong with me stating that your alleged concerns are IMAGINARY.

Did I offend you by stating your alleged concerns have no merit? Apparently so given your sob story that your concerns are real to you and I have no right to say your concerns have no merit! Boo hoo. It seems to escape your comprehension that you attempted to silence my criticism of your imaginary concern/problem in the very same way that you allege MA attempts to silence criticism of her "imaginary friend superstition."

Setana wrote:
It is now well-known that MOAN attempted to recruit people from at least one other site to come to this site in the attempt to make it less critical of her imaginary friend superstition. It is perfectly reasonable to object to any attempt to silence dissent, even if a failed attempt.

Debra Law wrote:
So what? As someone pointed out, the other site you're so concerned about has 16 members of which only 4 or 5 appear to be active posters. Even if all 16 members from the other site became members here, are you telling us that you can't handle the challenge of bashing their beliefs--something you relish doing?

Setana wrote:
In the first place, that is the only site about which we have evidence that she recruited. Lash has already pointed out elsewhere that MOAN has an extensive e-mail address book, the evidence for which Lash had when she received an e-mail from MOAN (one presumes in error) the burden of which was to recruit people to come here for the purpose.

I don't "relish" bashing their beliefs--i have too vivid a memory of the destruction of Abuzz by fanatical ranting idiots. When people show up here and begin to rant, and cannot be bothered to even provide a cogent argument for their screed, then i take them on. When people present their points of view in a reasonable manner, then i may still consider their point of view ludicrous and say as much, but i don't "relish" bashing their beliefs. I have absolutely no problem discussing such matters with Neo or Hephzibah--and i am equally as critical of the irrational religious extremism of Moishe or Ali.

Accordingly, there is NO PROBLEM that needs to be addressed because you are capable of taking on the "fanatical ranting idiots" and criticizing their point of view. Again, your alleged concern is without merit.

Debra Law wrote:
How do you suppose a few new members posting in the S&R forum will succeed in silencing dissent?

Quote:
If people are driven away from here as a result, that would effectively silence dissent. I refer you once again to the demise of Abuzz, which was a cess pit of lunacy literally for years before it imploded. Many people went there, it is true, after the insanity got a grip on the place, and many people continued to enjoy it--but for most of the old timers, its unique and welcoming ambiance was destroyed--i don't want to see that here.

The only lunacy that is apparent is your unfounded fear that the presence of Christians on this discussion forum who post in the S&R forum might drive other non-Christian members away and destroy the "unique and welcoming ambiance" of A2K.

Setana wrote:
I certainly do not need, nor do i want, your approval to have a point of view.

Debra Law wrote:
Nor does Momma Angel or any other member of this discussion group require YOUR APPROVAL to have a point of view. If you're going to cast stones, expect to have a few lobbed back at you.

When you're done picking on MA, which I hope will be soon, I'm sure there are plenty of topics on this discussion board that require your attention.

Debra Law wrote:
I don't quibble about having "a few lobbed back"--nor should you if i throw you ill-thrown stones back at you. Your snottiness has a wonderfully puerile character. You should seek out Intrepid, he's known for playground attempts to insult, and you two should get along famously.

I have an idea. Perhaps the Christian members and the non-Christian members on A2K may also co-exist and "get along famously."

However, if you want to characterize the Christian members as "fanatical ranting idiots" and have them banned before they ruin the "unique and welcoming ambiance" of A2K, then you will have to convince the owner of this site to restrict membership in a manner that suits your meritless concerns.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 03:21 pm
Sure don't take much to entertain some folks - and keep 'em entertained for a long, long time.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 03:34 pm
I made a couple of errors in attributing quotes, and repost the corrections here:

Setanta wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Your assessment is without merit, and my concern is real, not alleged--a topic on which i am qualified to speak and you are not.

What are the qualifications that you're imposing that allow you to speak on the matter and force me to remain silent? I thought you were against silencing criticism.

That's an awfully brainless reply from someone who normally displays intelligence. You are not qualified to speak on whether or not i am genuinely concerned about a matter because you are not me--i didn't say you couldn't speak on the subject, just that you lack any authority in the matter. Duh . . .

Awfully brainless? I'm not going to allow your intellectual dishonesty to slide by on this matter.

You claimed that you had a VALID concern. You identified a alleged problem that you stated WE needed to address.

Here's what you said:

Setana wrote:
What you think about whether or not it should be forgotten, whether or not people should move on, Phoenix, doesn't determine the relevance of this thread. The author of this thread has a valid concern about the activities of people here who have hoped to significantly alter this site to suit their personal imaginary friend superstition--i agree that this is something about which to be concerned.

As long as people like MOAN are here, indulging in special pleading about what offends them in people's remarks about their imaginary friend, we've got a problem which needs to be addressed.

I don't mind that folks like MOAN subscribe to an idiotic superstition--i do mind that they would attempt to silence criticism.

Again, you identified your alleged concern as VALID. You stated that we've (not just you) got a problem that needs to be addressed.

You identified the alleged problem that causes your alleged concern as people like Momma Angel who allegedly attempts to silence criticism by claiming you hurt her feelings.

Wow. Even if MA has claimed that she is offended by your criticism, how does that equate to this HUGE problem that threatens to ruin this entire discussion forum by silencing criticism? You protest too much.

I addressed you allegations of having a VALID concern. I addressed your allegation that we've got a problem that needs to be addressed:

Debra Law wrote:
I doubt that you would ever allow yourself to be swayed by Momma Angel's sensitivity to the point of silencing your own voice or curtailing your criticism of her religious beliefs.

Again, your alleged concern about silencing criticism is without merit. You have no valid concern; there is no problem. You possess adequate debating skills to address an appeal to emotion without being forced to silence your voice or abandon this discussion forum.

Inasmuch as you continuously describe MA as having a "personal imaginary friend superstition," there is nothing wrong with me stating that your alleged concerns are IMAGINARY.

Did I offend you by stating your alleged concerns have no merit? Apparently so given your sob story that your concerns are real to you and I have no right to say your concerns have no merit! Boo hoo. It seems to escape your comprehension that you attempted to silence my criticism of your imaginary concern/problem in the very same way that you allege MA attempts to silence criticism of her "imaginary friend superstition."

Setana wrote:
It is now well-known that MOAN attempted to recruit people from at least one other site to come to this site in the attempt to make it less critical of her imaginary friend superstition. It is perfectly reasonable to object to any attempt to silence dissent, even if a failed attempt.

Debra Law wrote:
So what? As someone pointed out, the other site you're so concerned about has 16 members of which only 4 or 5 appear to be active posters. Even if all 16 members from the other site became members here, are you telling us that you can't handle the challenge of bashing their beliefs--something you relish doing?

Setana wrote:
In the first place, that is the only site about which we have evidence that she recruited. Lash has already pointed out elsewhere that MOAN has an extensive e-mail address book, the evidence for which Lash had when she received an e-mail from MOAN (one presumes in error) the burden of which was to recruit people to come here for the purpose.

I don't "relish" bashing their beliefs--i have too vivid a memory of the destruction of Abuzz by fanatical ranting idiots. When people show up here and begin to rant, and cannot be bothered to even provide a cogent argument for their screed, then i take them on. When people present their points of view in a reasonable manner, then i may still consider their point of view ludicrous and say as much, but i don't "relish" bashing their beliefs. I have absolutely no problem discussing such matters with Neo or Hephzibah--and i am equally as critical of the irrational religious extremism of Moishe or Ali.

Accordingly, there is NO PROBLEM that needs to be addressed because you are capable of taking on the "fanatical ranting idiots" and criticizing their point of view. Again, your alleged concern is without merit.

Debra Law wrote:
How do you suppose a few new members posting in the S&R forum will succeed in silencing dissent?

Setana wrote:
If people are driven away from here as a result, that would effectively silence dissent. I refer you once again to the demise of Abuzz, which was a cess pit of lunacy literally for years before it imploded. Many people went there, it is true, after the insanity got a grip on the place, and many people continued to enjoy it--but for most of the old timers, its unique and welcoming ambiance was destroyed--i don't want to see that here.

The only lunacy that is apparent is your unfounded fear that the presence of Christians on this discussion forum who post in the S&R forum might drive other non-Christian members away and destroy the "unique and welcoming ambiance" of A2K.

Setana wrote:
I certainly do not need, nor do i want, your approval to have a point of view.

Debra Law wrote:
Nor does Momma Angel or any other member of this discussion group require YOUR APPROVAL to have a point of view. If you're going to cast stones, expect to have a few lobbed back at you.

When you're done picking on MA, which I hope will be soon, I'm sure there are plenty of topics on this discussion board that require your attention.

Setana wrote:
I don't quibble about having "a few lobbed back"--nor should you if i throw you ill-thrown stones back at you. Your snottiness has a wonderfully puerile character. You should seek out Intrepid, he's known for playground attempts to insult, and you two should get along famously.

I have an idea. Perhaps the Christian members and the non-Christian members on A2K may also co-exist and "get along famously."

However, if you want to characterize the Christian members as "fanatical ranting idiots" and have them banned before they ruin the "unique and welcoming ambiance" of A2K, then you will have to convince the owner of this site to restrict membership in a manner that suits your meritless concerns.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 05:48 pm
Debra_Law wrote:
Again, you identified your alleged concern as VALID.

You're doing it again. I am the only one qualified in this discussion to say whether or not i have a concern. Your use of the modifier "alleged" with regard to what i say is a concern to me is simply silly--you have no basis upon which to judge whether or not i have a concern. Therefore, using the term "alleged concern" is an absurdity. I assert that i have a concern. You may assert that i am not jutified in the being concerned, but you are in no position to determine whether or not i am in fact concerned.

Quote:
You stated that we've (not just you) got a problem that needs to be addressed.

In fact, i have pointed out, in other posts here, that MOAN had gone back to the other web site to say that there had been a decrease in contentiousness. As i pointed out in my last post, that the effort to silence criticism might not succeed does not make it any less odious an effort.

Quote:

Debra Law wrote:

Which is not the same as describing my concerned as alleged--i did not allege that i have a concern. Being uniquely qualified to speak to the issue, i asserted that i was concerned. That you don't agree there is a basis for a concern is not a justification for using the term "alleged concerned," unless you mean to suggest that i'm hiding an ulterior motive. If that is so, have the courage and the honesty to make the accusation outright.

I have pointed out that if the site were overrun by fantatics with an agenda to impose their view of what is acceptable content for debate and what is not, it could ruin the site. I have pointed out that i've seen this happen before. It is immaterial to me if you do not see this as a threat--i do. As in matters regarding what points of view i hold, i also do not consult your opinions in determining what may constitute a threat to the tenor of discussion at this site.

Quote:
Again, your alleged concern about silencing criticism is without merit.

Again, my concern is not something i allege, it is something i state. Have the guts to accuse me of lying if that is what you mean, but drop the idiocy of referring to my concern as alleged. I do not allege that i am concerned, i state that i am concerned.

Quote:
You have no valid concern; there is no problem. You possess adequate debating skills to address an appeal to emotion without being forced to silence your voice or abandon this discussion forum.

This is merely your opinion, and, based upon my experience elsewhere and elsewhen, it is an opinion with which i do not agree.

Quote:

Certainly, if you wished to make statements so witless, you are free to do so. I do not allege that i am concerned, i state that i am concern. In a spirit of fairness, i have consulted my internal register of concerns over time, and am confident in making the statement that i am concerned, and not simply alleging that i am concerned, and that i have not imagined this concern--it is real.

Quote:
Did I offend you by stating your alleged concerns have no merit?[/qujote]

Of course, not--there's no need to say silly things such as that. That you continue to use the term alleged, however, when i state i have a concern, and don't simply allege it, continues to imply that you don't believe that i actually have a concern. Once again, if that is so, have the courage to say as much, and to say what you believe is actually motivating my remarks.

Quote:
Apparently so given your sob story that your concerns are real to you and I have no right to say your concerns have no merit! Boo hoo. It seems to escape your comprehension that you attempted to silence my criticism of your imaginary concern/problem in the very same way that you allege MA attempts to silence criticism of her "imaginary friend superstition."

No such thing is apparent. There is not sob story, and i have not said you cannot say that my concerns have no merit. I have continued to point out that you are not in a position to know if i have a concern, or simply allege that i have a concern. You are either incapable of understanding the distinction, or are unwilling to acknowlege that aspect of your foolish response. You have a perfect right to say that my concerns have not merit. You are in no position to state that my concerns are alleged so long as i state that i do have those concerns. You can question the basis for the concerns, but you haven't any basis for asserting that you know for a fact that i allege a concern which i do not in fact have. I have not imagined my concern--i have stated that it exists and described it. Your attempt to conflate that with MOAN's imaginary friend superstition are bootless.

Quote:

It is your opinion that there is not problem which needs to be addressed. It might be worth your while to explore this entire thread, and its predecessor. Certainly i can deal with the fanatics. So can the others here who object to the invasion of imaginary friend crowd. But there is a point at which people will feel that it is no longer worth the effort, and then they would begin to drop away. The reasons to come here based upon the companionable ambiance would evaporate. That is the problem. That was the problem to which the author of this thread was referring in this thread, and in the first thread on this topic.

I hardly consider your ignorance of that history with regard to a thread for which the problem was identified by the author in the original thread in the series is an adequate basis for you jumping in to take issue with my posts, while ignoring the theme of this and the original thread.

Your opinion is that the concern has no merit--obviously, i do not concur.

Quote:

Once again, you assert an opinion with which i do not agree. The lunacy here is your blithe rejection of the feelings of those, including me and the author of this and the first thread, based upon a previously share experience. I suggest that the lunacy is in your inability to appreciate and understand that experience, and why it gives rise to this apprehension in me and in others. But, your lack of comprehension and lack of sensitivity to how others react to share experiences is a matter of no real moment to me.

Quote:

That happens already. The problem lies with a handful of fanatical pushing religionists (not simply christians) and not with the majority of the members here.

Quote:

I have not characterized the christian members in such a manner, nor have you anything to authorize such a contention, other than a desire to portray my position in as unfavorable a light a possible, to the extent on peddling lies. I have characterized no one as an idiot. Putting the expression "fanatical ranting idiots" in quotes, and then attempting to suggest that i have so characterized every member of this site who is a self-professed christian is a lie on your part--i have not done so. I have referred to only a few members, and have named them, and referred to one in a particular, and have named here.

You don't even get a nice try on this one--a high school debate team would reject you for such transparent and feeble strawmen.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:09 pm
sozobe wrote:
Laughing ehBeth...

In terms of the mental transformation, that's fair. The main point I was making is that for many of us it is not the narrow issue of the recruitment per se, but the dichotomy that was exposed and how she reacted to that exposure. Some kind of ownership of it would have helped, rather than variations of "I stand by what I said..."

Yep...it is a tad irksome, but she never will.

it does not matter if we yike about it until the butt cheeks of eternity clamp themselves together in horror and boredom.

It is a lost cause.

It is a dead parrot.

It is NOT "pining for the fjords".....it is DECEASED!

Every word wasted on the matter (including these, dammit!) is but another nail adhering its poor, wee, stiff leggies to the perch.

It is time we gave the poor thing a decent burial, gave it seed and water to speed its journey to the next place, uttered words of blessing or criticism over its little head, and let it have its final, long sleep.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:11 pm
<bows head reverently>

<at least semi-reverently...>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:20 pm
In the other thread, sozobe wrote:
And now we're in the meta phase -- hopefully that means the whole thing is almost over.

Stages of forum drama:

1.) The event.
2.) Did the event really happen?
3.) Various proofs and specifics and quotes and dates.
4.) Indignation.
5.) Indignation pile-on.
6.) People who haven't been following along getting indignant at the indignation pile-on.
7.) Original participants getting indignant at the ones who are indignant at the pile-on.
8.) Meta discussions of how it's all discussed.
9.) Denouement.

Actually I guess we're more at 7...

I think Soz missed a step or two in this list ...

7b) Original participants posting to the discussion to declare that they're bored and fed-up with the discussion

which I'm betting might well be followed by

7c) Other original participants telling the fed-up participants that they could just skip the threads in question if they're so fed-up
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:23 pm
Nimh, why don't you just skip the threads if you're so fed up?

(I am SUCH an obliging and considerate Bunny, no? Any other requests while I am here? Drinks, sammiches, peanuts?)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:34 pm
Mmm, bunny, I think that was redundant ... by posting that list plus additions, I was basically already saying the 7c) thing myself (to you and Soz, specifically). Just in a more sneaky way ;-)

The appropriate reply woulda been, "touche ... goodbye then, thread" ;-)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:39 pm
I know.

But I couldn't resist.

I can resist anything except temptation.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:55 pm
Setanta wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:
Again, you identified your alleged concern as VALID.

You're doing it again. I am the only one qualified in this discussion to say whether or not i have a concern. Your use of the modifier "alleged" with regard to what i say is a concern to me is simply silly--you have no basis upon which to judge whether or not i have a concern. Therefore, using the term "alleged concern" is an absurdity. I assert that i have a concern. You may assert that i am not jutified in the being concerned, but you are in no position to determine whether or not i am in fact concerned.

You identified the "author of this thread" as having a VALID concern that you agreed with.

You are not the sole judge of whether the alleged concerns are valid or invalid simply because you agree with or share those concerns. The alleged concern is merely an unsupported argument.

Nevertheless, you base your alleged concern on the problem you identified and proclaimed that we needed to address: People (like MA) who claim to be offended by criticism are attempting to use "special pleading" to silence criticism.

So what if people use "special pleading" to in an attempt to silence criticism? People use illogical fallicies all the time to deflect arguments. But, their attempts to use "special pleading" are futile--they work only on the most ignorant of debators.

Are you trying to tell us that the members you cherish the most, the ones you feel will be driven away by MA, are the most ignorant of debators who fall for "special pleading" and have no way to counter "special pleading" other than to abandon A2K?

You're not giving your cherished members here much credit, are you?

You have admitted that you have "absolutely no problem" taking them on. You have admitted that your criticism will not be silenced by "special pleading." I doubt others will allow their voices to be silenced by "special pleading." I know my voice isn't silenced. Accordingly, there is NO PROBLEM to be concerned about.

"The worst of the fallacious arguments is the false dilemma." You have created a false dilemma and identified it as a "valid concern" that constitutes a problem that all of us must address.

Based on your imaginary concern, you advocate running off members like Momma Angel in order to protect the most cherished members of this site (apparently, the former Abuzz group) and to preserve our "welcoming ambience."

How idiotic is that? We preserve our "welcoming ambience" by removing the welcome mat?

And then you have the audacity to condone your own lunacy and attempt to silence my criticism of your MERITLESS concerns with your own SPECIAL PLEADING: You are not qualified to say whether my concerns are alleged or valid because only I am qualified to determine whether my concerns are real to me. Boo hoo.

And back to square one we go. You apparently deem yourself qualified to determine that the author of this thread has "valid" concerns--concerns that in your opinion have merit--but I'm NOT qualified to determine if your concerns are valid or lack merit.

I see hypocrisy and illogical fallacy written all over your posts on this matter.

Again, if you believe an influx of Christians will ruin A2K, you need to convince with the owner of this site to have them banned. But, you're not going to convince me (and a whole lot of other members) that your alleged concerns have any validity.

We're all capable of dealing with "special pleading" when we want to and the fact that some posters (yourself included) use illogical fallacies in their arguments is not going to cause the members you cherish to flee this site.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:13 pm
Debra_Law wrote:
But, you're not going to convince me (and a whole lot of other members) that your alleged concerns have any validity.

Much as Setanta is attempting to tell you he's speaking for himself, and much as you're telling him he's speaking for himself - you are speaking for yourself and not "a whole lot of other members".

I'd suggest you review the many recent discussions related to honesty/lying/dissembling lately posted at Able2Know.

Dissembling doesn't seem to be going over very well here.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 10:11 pm
Debra Law wrote:
How idiotic is that? We preserve our "welcoming ambience" by removing the welcome mat?

My nomination for quote of the month. Laughing
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 10:12 pm
OH? So you're going to leave A2K if the Christian members resort to "special pleading" in a futile effort to silence criticism?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:01 pm
Eh?

So today I spend some time at my new to me house. Try, while waiting for the washer dryer guy who will tell me the valves are leaking, to pull up the carpet from hell. What is under it but about 3/8" of sandy soil.

What does this tell me? Shut the door to the back yard at all times, as that is where the wind comes from.

Throw away all the carpet and underlayment.
Plain old concrete is good. Add the odd rug or two.

That was an analogy, folks.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:07 pm
The desert hath its charm, Osso. Happy new house, say hi to Pacco for me, wouldjya?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:10 pm
Will do, dog boy...
0 Replies