Gobbledygook, anyone?

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 08:04 am
'Event' is good, Tommy.

And has anyone noticed that -- in spite of the ubiquitousness and overuse of the term 'no problem' -- nobody actually has 'problems' any more? No, we have 'issues' instead. "That man is very disturbed. Well, he has a lot of issues." Where does he keep them, pray, fanned out on a side-table? In a magazine rack? Issues! Sheesh!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 08:33 am
I'd take issue with your comments, because i have a problem with your attitude, but, in the event, i'll just let it go . . . besides, i have to police the shop . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 10:41 am
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
0 Replies

Tommy

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 12:15 pm
Merry - Maybe the issues he has are children! They can cauise problems.
0 Replies

KitchenWytch

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 06:29 am
Hello. When I was in high school (lo these many decades ago) I found a poster that said it all:

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I don't think you realize that what you heard was not what I meant.

I also found this lovely bit of gobbledygook:

My saeity admonishes me that I have arrived at a state of deglutiation inconsistant with dietetic enormity. (I may have misspelled some words there - but it's been a LONG time since I saw it in print and - well those are just not words I use every day <grin>)

Translation - I ate too much.

I think I may really enjoy it here!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 09:57 am
KitchenWytch,

welcome to A2k Smile
0 Replies