Are Muslims the "Chosen People" of GOD?

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 01:36 pm
Is that all that stops you from creating mayhem Rex? That you believe someone's watching? The moment his back is turned you are stealing and murdering? I dont think so. There are sound evolutionary principles that account for altruistic behaviour. And as the good physicist steven Weinburg said

Without religion, good men would still do good, and bad men would still do bad, but for a good man to do bad it takes religion.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 01:39 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Is that all that stops you from creating mayhem Rex? That you believe someone's watching? The moment his back is turned you are stealing and murdering? I dont think so. There are sound evolutionary principles that account for altruistic behaviour. And as the good physicist steven Weinburg said

Without religion, good men would still do good, and bad men would still do bad, but for a good man to do bad it takes religion.

More like you want to justify your bad by denying God...

Ro 8:6
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 01:44 pm
Rex1 wrote
Quote:
You act as if atheists do not fight their own private battles... (lying, stealing, murder etc) I think atheists, due to the fact that atheists do not face consequences of a displeased deity have a license to do more injustice than someone who reveres a supreme deity...

Does that include the pedophile priests?
I should not pick on those people since there are rotten apples in every religion. Bush for instance professes to be religious. And look at the crooked, malicious, lying sc*mbag he is.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 01:47 pm
What particular bad of mine did you have in mind? If you want to play that game, I'm pretty sure someone who can level that accusation must have some really bad things to beg his deity to forgive.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 01:56 pm
Quote:
You act as if atheists do not fight their own private battles... (lying, stealing, murder etc) I think atheists, due to the fact that atheists do not face consequences of a displeased deity have a license to do more injustice than someone who reveres a supreme deity...

Not so. Christians believe they will be forgiven because of their faith. Kill, lie(which Christians do to defend their dogma), steal; it matters little. They believe and they will be forgiven.

Put an atheist and a Christian side by side. Have them both commit a murder. The Christian will say he will be forgiven for his crime and the atheist will burn in Hell.

We see this over and over in the Christian religion; relatives begging a dying love one to repent and accept Christ so his sins will be forgiven.

What a copout.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 02:10 pm
xingu
xingu
However, Christian who murders the innocent is not deemed a martyr and rewarded with 72 virgins..
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 02:18 pm
You know when I was 20 years old I would have loved to have 72 virgins.

Today I think I would prefer a good shot of bourbon. Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:33 pm
I was raised a Christian and was taught about the father, the son, and the holy ghost. Yes, there of course was a crucifix but I never felt the focus was on the son.

Now it seems all of the focus is on the son as Christianity tries to distinguish itself from other religions. I suppose we're all jews after all.

I think this is a copout just like Steve mentions above when a killer finds Christ. But then again, like their response to the cartoons published around the world, muslims once again prove themselves even dumber than Christians. What a colossal copout - instead of renouncing terrorism, let's go burn something that doesn't belong to us.

I'm not a religious person - some here may think otherwise because of my "right wing" politics which is nothing more than me trying to maintain my right to defend myself and family against idiocy.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 03:34 pm
au1929 wrote:
Rex1 wrote
Quote:

Does that include the pedophile priests?
I should not pick on those people since there are rotten apples in every religion. Bush for instance professes to be religious. And look at the crooked, malicious, lying sc*mbag he is.

Yes it does include pedophile priests... and it also includes the ACLU and their vehement support for NAMBLA "north American man boy love association"...

http://216.220.97.17/

Even gay people disassociate themselves from cesspool of iniquity.

It is only that priests have a God that maybe does not prevent them from carrying out pedophilia but at least they feel shame over it and the church does NOT endorse it... And the church has paid dearly (millions and millions) for their pedophile priests...

As opposed to NAMBLA and the ACLU who think pedophilia is a human right! This is what YOUR godless ideas have brought us to...

BIG DIFFERENCE!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 03:37 pm
xingu wrote:
You know when I was 20 years old I would have loved to have 72 virgins.

Today I think I would prefer a good shot of bourbon. Laughing

I prefer the holy spirit over the alcoholic spirits but occasionally I do indulge Smile

What about devil spirits, anyone believe in them?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 05:18 pm
I think Christians do, don't they?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 12:21 am
xingu wrote:
I think Christians do, don't they?

Is there any relevant significance in the idea of devil spirits?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 01:31 pm
In the Christian religion isn't the devil the boogyman that explains everything bad; well not everything. Hurricane Katrina and 9/11 was caused or allowed to happen by God to punish, or so say some Christians.

Quote:
Satan and God
If Satan were merely a personification that people have devised to express their ideas of evil, then such a personification could scarcely be held morally responsible for his actions, since, in reality, there is no being who can be held accountable. But Satan is held accountable by the Lord (Matt. 25:41), and this passage reminds us that to deny the reality of Satan requires denying the veracity of Christ's words.

http://demons.monstrous.com/existence_of_the_devil.htm#god

As for me I don't believe in devils. The only devils that exist are in peoples souls.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 10:12 pm
There are devils of both the human nature and jinn nature; I believe for every soul, there is a devil that accompanies it. It is that devil makes you go astray and sin.

Thus, We have given each prophet enemies, human and jinn's devils, who inspire to each other fancy sayings to deceive. Had your Lord willed, they would not have done it, so disregard them and what they fabricate [6:112]

Shall I inform you upon whom the devils descend? [26:221] They descend upon every guilty fabricator. [26:222] They pretend to listen, but most of them are liars. [26:223]

The enemies of the prophets are the "foot soldiers" of the devil. They deliberately and knowingly lie about God.

As we can see, jinn and human devils provide the first line of assault in the devil's war of lies both during and after the Prophets' time. The most dangerous ones pretend to be close allies of the Prophets or even their disciples. The example of Jesus' disciples is given in the Quran to show that even some of the apparent devotees who pledged allegiance to the Prophets could in reality betray them.

When Jesus sensed their disbelief, he said, "Who are my supporters towards God?" The disciples said, "We are God's supporters; we believe in God, and bear witness that we are submitters." [3:52] "Our Lord, we have believed in what You have sent down, and we have followed the messenger; count us among the witnesses." [3:53] They plotted and schemed, but so did God, and God is the best schemer. [3:54]

O' humankind consume from the earth's provisions, for they are permitted and good, and do not follow the footsteps of the devil for he is your explicit enemy. [2:168] Instead he instructs you with evil and sin and that you say about God what you have no knowledge of. [2:169]
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 03:10 pm
What is cancer?

I define cancer as "the cell being fed the wrong information".

The human body can in a single instant send information from the brain to the tip of the fingernail or wherever it needs to with split decision accuracy.

This information gets corrupted along the way and the end result is that the cell accepts this information as truth and applies it to it's DNA structure which then morphs the cell into a living particle of death...

Who is this messenger in the human body and what changes it's truth into a lie? The believing in the heart can change the spirits and the message delivered...

This same messenger teaches the human mind and the mind unknowingly accepts it's lie and is changed into a dead spirit...

Ro 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
0 Replies