Are Muslims the "Chosen People" of GOD?

xingu

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 04:36 pm
From the website given below;

Quote:
Two Jewish leaders came to Muhammad and asked if he believed that the Torah they had in their possession was the truth from God...

"Rafi b. Haritha and Sallam b. Mishkam and Malik b. al-Sayf and Rafi b. Huraymila came to him [Muhammad] and said: "Do you not allege that you follow the religion of Abraham and believe in the Torah which we have and testify that it is the truth from God?" He replied, "Certainly, ..."

Quote:
Time and time again, Muhammad testified to the integrity of the Scriptures of the Jews and Christians. He affirmed and confirmed them as the Word of God. Since Muslims believe the Quran to be the Word of God, then it is actually their God - "Allah" - testifying to the integrity and truthfulness of the Jewish and Christian Scriptures existing in Muhammad's lifetime.

There are about 12 verses in the Quran that specifically mention the Gospel. The Arabic word for Gospel is "Injil". Additionally a large number of other Quranic verses testify to the truth of the Gospel. Muhammad, as a self declared prophet, supported those Scriptures because he believed they were God's word as he believed his Quran was God's word.

http://answering-islam.org.uk/Silas/bible.htm

Obviously Muhammad did know of the Bible and there were copies which were read by him or read to him.
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:15 pm
xingu wrote:
From the website given below;

Quote:
Two Jewish leaders came to Muhammad and asked if he believed that the Torah they had in their possession was the truth from God...

"Rafi b. Haritha and Sallam b. Mishkam and Malik b. al-Sayf and Rafi b. Huraymila came to him [Muhammad] and said: "Do you not allege that you follow the religion of Abraham and believe in the Torah which we have and testify that it is the truth from God?" He replied, "Certainly, ..."

Quote:
Time and time again, Muhammad testified to the integrity of the Scriptures of the Jews and Christians. He affirmed and confirmed them as the Word of God. Since Muslims believe the Quran to be the Word of God, then it is actually their God - "Allah" - testifying to the integrity and truthfulness of the Jewish and Christian Scriptures existing in Muhammad's lifetime.

There are about 12 verses in the Quran that specifically mention the Gospel. The Arabic word for Gospel is "Injil". Additionally a large number of other Quranic verses testify to the truth of the Gospel. Muhammad, as a self declared prophet, supported those Scriptures because he believed they were God's word as he believed his Quran was God's word.

http://answering-islam.org.uk/Silas/bible.htm

Obviously Muhammad did know of the Bible and there were copies which were read by him or read to him.

OK, NOW CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS TO ME?

IF THE QURAN IS "STOLEN" FROM THE BIBLE THEN HOW DO JUSTIFY THIS:

btw this is just one of the many flaws in the bible

the bible claimed noah's flood to have been all around the world, while the quran claimed it was much like a local flood and it was only the area that noah and his people lived, not "THE WHOLE WORLD" as the bible claimed. i didnt know back then 1400 years ago they had arab geologist with high tech!

and today geology and archeology proved bible's claims about the flood wrong and proved quran's right.

science proved that the flood was a local flood, as quran calimed, not "the whole world" as the bible did!!

THEN IF THE QURAN WAS STOLEN FROM THE PAST WHY DID THEY CHANGE THAT? HUH?

CAN YOU EXPLAIN THAT TO ME?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:35 pm
If Im not one of the "chosen people" what happens? What does being chosen get you?
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:40 pm
Dunno Farmerman you will probably be standing with me in the back of the line Laughing
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:54 pm
farmerman wrote:
If Im not one of the "chosen people" what happens? What does being chosen get you?

No race, color or gender are chosen by GOD Almighty in Islam. Everyone is evaluated by his Good Deeds.

Allah Almighty Said in the Noble Quran:

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other. Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well-acquainted. (The Noble Quran, 49:13)"

Muslims believe that the idea of "Chosen People" is a Jewish lie that was fabricated and inserted into the Bible to make the People of Israel be the Superior over all nations. The Bible, however, admits that it got corrupted by the Jews themselves, thus making their bogus claims get flushed right down the toilet.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:11 pm
wow, if youre an example of being "chosen" I think Ill pass. Nothing against your religion , youre just too intense for me man.

I thought your comparisons in some of the sciences were ok,Not all fully correct though) But I remember that its some mullah whose trying to drag out a line of poetry from the Quran and make it sound like its way ahead of its time. Maybe the grand truth is there as you say, but I didnt see any Muslims (beyond Ibn Sina) who did anything but the most rudimentary develoments in the sciences, As far as mountain "roots" weve abandoned that a "gospel" with the death of Marshall Kay at Yale.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:13 pm
muslim1 wrote:
xingu wrote:
This is silly. How do you know Muhammad never heard Biblical stories.

and
xingu wrote:
Muhammad was very aware of the religion of the Christians and Jews.

1) The Arabic version of the Bible was not present at the time of the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him). In fact, the earliest Arabic version of the Old Testament is that of R. Saadias Gaon of 900 C.E. - more than 250 years after the death of our beloved Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him). The oldest Arabic version of the new Testament was published by Erpenius in 1616 C.E. - about a thousand years after the demise of our Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him).
How then, xingu, could the Prophet (who does not understand a language other than Arabic) have "heard Biblical stories"?

2) The extremely prominent Quraish nobles who followed the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) and accepted Islam were wise and intelligent men who would have easily noticed anything suspicious about the way in which the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) brought the revelations to them - more so since the Prophetic mission lasted 23 years.

3) The enemies of the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) kept a close watch on him in order to find proof for their claim that "he was a liar" - they could not point out even a single instance when the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) may have had a secret rendezvous with particular Jews or Christians.

And Allah knows best.

Ac 19:10
And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

Comment:
All of Asia was taught the word of God... The Greeks had conquered Persia long before Christ.

Are you saying there were no Persians that knew the Greek language after being their vassal for several hundred years? The Persians did not need the new testament translated into Arabic because they simply knew how to speak Greek and most likely Hebrew also.

I don't know how to speak Spanish but I know what a taco is..

Galatians 1:17
Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Comment:
During the time of Christ and shortly after Iran/Mesopotamia was full of tribal clans and traveling and trading in the region was not unheard of...

Parthian Persia (150 BC-AD 226)

Parthia was a region north of Persia in what is today northeastern Iran. Its rulers, the Arsacid dynasty, belonged to an Iranian tribe that had settled there during the time of Alexander.

During the Parthian period, Hellenistic (Greek) customs partially gave way to a resurgence of Persian culture.

This just is a testament that the Persians were not purely Arab speaking people during the time of Christ but had still retained many Greek influences including the ability to speak the Greek language...
I am sure in two hundred and twenty six years the name Jesus may have come up a few times in Parthian literature...

You imply as if there was not a single person in Persia at the time that could speak Greek.

Intercultural prejudice is a modern faction of radical Islam... (probably borrowed from the Hebrews.) The Jews of the time of Christ were against most intercultural interaction matched only by radical Islam of today...

Also, remember the wise men (magi) "from the east" that came to Jesus as a young child bearing gifts? They were most likely from Persia. How did they talk to Mary and Joseph if they did not know Greek or Hebrew? How did they talk to Herod the Great?

Nebuchadnezzar was a Persian too... Much is written of his reign in the Hebrew Bible...

Also Daniel ruled as second in command in Persia/Babylon at around 580 BC...

The Hebrew Bible did not have to be translated into Arabic for the Persians to have heard the "good news"... Many of the Persians at the time could read and write Greek quite fluently due to almost 500 years in Greek captivity...

Also the message of Christ was passed on by word of mouth for many years before it was actually even written down... Yet, it still managed to spread and all of Asia heard the gospel in the space of two years (long before it was ever written down)...
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:35 pm
RexRed wrote:
muslim1 wrote:
xingu wrote:
This is silly. How do you know Muhammad never heard Biblical stories.

and
xingu wrote:
Muhammad was very aware of the religion of the Christians and Jews.

1) The Arabic version of the Bible was not present at the time of the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him). In fact, the earliest Arabic version of the Old Testament is that of R. Saadias Gaon of 900 C.E. - more than 250 years after the death of our beloved Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him). The oldest Arabic version of the new Testament was published by Erpenius in 1616 C.E. - about a thousand years after the demise of our Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him).
How then, xingu, could the Prophet (who does not understand a language other than Arabic) have "heard Biblical stories"?

2) The extremely prominent Quraish nobles who followed the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) and accepted Islam were wise and intelligent men who would have easily noticed anything suspicious about the way in which the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) brought the revelations to them - more so since the Prophetic mission lasted 23 years.

3) The enemies of the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) kept a close watch on him in order to find proof for their claim that "he was a liar" - they could not point out even a single instance when the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) may have had a secret rendezvous with particular Jews or Christians.

And Allah knows best.

Ac 19:10
And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

Comment:
All of Asia was taught the word of God... The Greeks had conquered Persia long before Christ.

Are you saying there were no Persians that knew the Greek language after being their vassal for several hundred years? The Persians did not need the new testament translated into Arabic because they simply knew how to speak Greek and most likely Hebrew also.

I don't know how to speak Spanish but I know what a taco is..

Galatians 1:17
Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Comment:
During the time of Christ and shortly after Iran/Mesopotamia was full of tribal clans and traveling and trading in the region was not unheard of...

Parthian Persia (150 BC-AD 226)

Parthia was a region north of Persia in what is today northeastern Iran. Its rulers, the Arsacid dynasty, belonged to an Iranian tribe that had settled there during the time of Alexander.

During the Parthian period, Hellenistic (Greek) customs partially gave way to a resurgence of Persian culture.

This just is a testament that the Persians were not purely Arab speaking people during the time of Christ but had still retained many Greek influences including the ability to speak the Greek language...
I am sure in two hundred and twenty six years the name Jesus may have come up a few times in Parthian literature...

You imply as if there was not a single person in Persia at the time that could speak Greek.

Intercultural prejudice is a modern faction of radical Islam... (probably borrowed from the Hebrews.) The Jews of the time of Christ were against most intercultural interaction matched only by radical Islam of today...

Also, remember the wise men (magi) "from the east" that came to Jesus as a young child bearing gifts? They were most likely from Persia. How did they talk to Mary and Joseph if they did not know Greek or Hebrew? How did they talk to Herod the Great?

Nebuchadnezzar was a Persian too... Much is written of his reign in the Hebrew Bible...

Also Daniel ruled as second in command in Persia/Babylon at around 580 BC...

The Hebrew Bible did not have to be translated into Arabic for the Persians to have heard the "good news"... Many of the Persians at the time could read and write Greek quite fluently due to almost 500 years in Greek captivity...

Also the message of Christ was passed on by word of mouth for many years before it was actually even written down... Yet, it still managed to spread and all of Asia heard the gospel in the space of two years (long before it was ever written down)...

OK NOW UR BEING AN IDIOT, IM PERSIAN AND I THINK I KNOW MORE THAN YOU ABOUT MY OWN HISTORY, PERSIANS HATED THE GREEKS AND THEY DIDNT GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT THEM, ALEXANDER THE "GREAT" WHO WAS A QUEER DESTROYED AND BURNED PERSPOLIS TO THE GROUND, PERSIANS BEFORE THE GREEKS WERE ZAROSTORIANS THEY DIDNT BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE'S BULLSHITS, AND THEY HATED GREEKS AND THEIR LANGUAGE.
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:36 pm
PERSIANS HATED CHRISTIANITY SO MUCH THAT THEY EVEN HAD A HOLY WAR WITH THE ROMANS.
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:39 pm
PERSIA IS DIFFERENT FROM IRAQ, GO LEARN ABOUT HISTORY, PERSIANS ARE FROM THE RACE CALLED "THE ARYAN RACE" WHO SETTELED IN PERSIA FROM WHAT IS NOW NORTHER RUSSIA. IRAQ IS OLDER THAN PERSIA.
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:41 pm
AND Nebuchadnezzar was not persian he was also iraqi, see half your statements are false, how can i buy the rest?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:16 am
ali87 wrote:
PERSIA IS DIFFERENT FROM IRAQ, GO LEARN ABOUT HISTORY, PERSIANS ARE FROM THE RACE CALLED "THE ARYAN RACE" WHO SETTELED IN PERSIA FROM WHAT IS NOW NORTHER RUSSIA. IRAQ IS OLDER THAN PERSIA.

Yes I agree with you... but 500 years of Greek captivity I am sure many Persians learned to speak Greek. I know the Greeks destroyed their great cities but 500 years is a long time to carry a grudge.

I do not claim to know allot about the Persians and I am willing to learn more. I have studies the Babylonian religion though for years. But that is very different than Islam. Islam is more like Judaism. I am sure though the Persians knew about Christianity by the time of the prophet Mohammed. The Persians were a very progressive people. Although they stuck to their own beliefs they did often find it interesting to learn and discover on their own new things. I do not think the Persians had that many of the details of the Christian faith but they were very well aware of it.

Zoroaster had one God and I find him to be a very interesting character indeed.
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:10 am
"Zoroaster had one God and I find him to be a very interesting character indeed. "

YES HE WAS MY PROPHET WAAY BEFORE JESUS WAS BORN, AND HE TAUGHT HIS PEOPLE TO BELIEVE IN ONE GOD, but "PAUL" NOT "JESUS" TAUGHT IDOL WORSHIPPING, SO THERFORE ILL TAKE MY DEAR PROPHET THAT CAME BEFORE JESUS, RATHER THAN CHRISTIANITY. I WILL TELL YOU AGAIN PERSIANS HATED CHRISTIANITY SO MUCH BECAUSE THEY KNEW IT WAS CORRUPT AND THEY WERE A CIVILIZED NATION, WHEN JESUS'S PEOPLE WERE LIVING ON TREES AS MONKEYS AND SWIMMING IN THEIR DADDY'S SACKS PERSIA WAS CIVILIZED, READ ABOUT BAGHDAD "THE CITY OF LIGHT" PERSIANS CAME AND FLOURISHED THAT CITY. THEY HAD KNOWLEDGE AND THEY SAW THE UGLY TRUTH IN CHRISTIANITY.

THEY HATED IT SO MUCH AND THEY EVEN HAD A "HOLY **** WAR" WITH THE ROMANS OVER IT.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 07:27 am
and you nicely continue your heritage.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 07:30 am
> Are Muslims the "Chosen People" of GOD?

Not really. Basically just a bunch of deluded losers.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 07:31 am
Fantastic. And the most deluded loser of them all has just reappeared.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 07:38 am
This is worth repeating. Jesus himself said it best about clowns like Muhammed (pbullshit):

Quote:

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

The fruits of I-slam are writ large in the pages of history books, maps, and newspapers alike. Nobody should need to be Albert Einstein to figure it out.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 08:01 am
ali87 wrote

Quote:
No race, color or gender are chosen by GOD Almighty in Islam. Everyone is evaluated by his Good Deeds.

Do those good deeds include suicide bombing of the innocent? The Muslims say it will be rewarded. That is pretty sick in my opinion and I would imagine any civilized individual.

Regarding the chosen people. Considering what the chosen people have had to endure through the centuries. I for one would gladly pass the privelege to anyone who wants it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 08:22 am
The Muslims are just as busy wiping each other out as they are the "infidels".Presently Its one of the most dysfunctional of the religious fantasies.

ali is a great salesman for his belief, can anybody imagine goin out with ali for a good time?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:12 am
Quote:
The Muslims are just as busy wiping each other out

May the meet with success.
0 Replies