Pssst, Boston... ready for another gathering?

George

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 11:33 am
@margo,
. . . recalculating . . .
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 08:42 pm
In all seriousness, does anyone want to answer the actual question lol... If you give me a few months notice I can memorize the directions and not get lost!
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 10:53 pm
@Crazielady420,
On May 26, go to Logan airport and catch a flight to SFO. From SFO, you can take the light rail into downtown San Francisco where there are numerous hotels. We are having a a2k meet that weekend, and we have about six people who have said they will come. The venue and time is not decided upon, but will have that in place several weeks before the meet.

United, Continental, and Virgin airlines have direct flights from Logan to SFO.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 12:23 am
@Crazielady420,
The Missus and I'll be in Boston in the first week of June (from the 2nd until the 9th). I'm rather certain, that we'll meet some A2K'ers there, too. (Perhaps only one in front of South Station? Smile )
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 12:28 am
There's a good chance I'll have some free time in the latter half of the week--keep us updated, Walter--it'd be good to see you again and meet the Missus.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 12:48 am
If you're set in Salem, you may not need this, Walter, but my sisters stayed at the College Club in the Back Bay in Boston, a couple blocks away from the Public Garden--a posh location but an affordable B&B, It's more old Colonial than motel ritzy--they liked it a lot. (College Club was/is a social club for graduates of women's colleges. My mother belonged to it decades ago. I'm not sure what it does in these coeducational days, and I think the B&B is for both sexes. I liked it when I picked my sisters up there).

http://www.thecollegeclubofboston.com/

It really is an amazingly central location but doesn't feel like it's in downtown hustle and bustle.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 01:22 am
@MontereyJack,
Thanks, but all is already booked since months Wink
McTag

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 02:36 am
@Walter Hinteler,

I'm rather envious of all this transatlantic travel.....

a view from merry old England.
jespah

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 05:36 am
@McTag,
C'mon over. I might be somewhere other than South Station, but still available.
McTag

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 03:55 am
@jespah,
'T' would be nice. We have good friends in Connecticut (Norwalk, Ridgefield) and I hope/ intend to go back there before too long.
Manhattan is easily reachable by train from there, a big pull from the Apple.
Bernie and Jane have carelessly left the city for foreign parts....no consideration for others, eh...and Boston is not too far, for a combination trip.
Years ago I saw Muddy Waters play in a basement bar in Boston, not far from the YMCA. Happy days.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:51 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
The Missus and I'll be in Boston in the first week of June (from the 2nd until the 9th). I'm rather certain, that we'll meet some A2K'ers there, too. (Perhaps only one in front of South Station? Smile )

Will you be coming to the City as well?
littlek

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 08:25 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
We're a last minute planning bunch.... Rest assured, you'll meet some of us that weekend for sure! (I'm planning on it).
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 12:18 am
@Thomas,
No, the Missus doesn't want to. (Only Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, San Francisco/California and then Boston/New England .... as THE highlight.)
Thomas

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 07:05 am
@Walter Hinteler,
No problem. I'm looking forward to seeing you and the Missus in Boston then.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 07:26 am
@Thomas,
Great. Or as the Bavarians would say: Is ma a rechd. Very Happy
Thomas

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 07:36 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Or as we Swabians say: "Mr koa's lasse." We're not as easy to enthuse as the Bavarians, let alone the Americans.
jespah

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 07:45 am
@Thomas,
So, the first sentence means, Ma is wretched and the second means My zen koan is Lassie, come home. Right?
Walter Hinteler

@Thomas,
Border-Swabian.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

@jespah,
Well done!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 12:07 pm
@jespah,
Jespah, you may not know it yet, but you are born to be a South-German.