Pssst, Boston... ready for another gathering?

littlek

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:12 pm
Slappy, what weekend would you be available?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:07 pm
littlek wrote:
Slappy, what weekend would you be available?

All I know is that weekend I mentioned I'll be in FL. And depending on the women situation(got some out of state visitors lined up), I'm not sure. I'll keep watching here.

Sorry, I'm a guy. Fear of commitment.

Plus I'm right around the corner, so I'm up for hanging out whenever.

Think I'm going to see our boy Kicky this weekend in NYC. I'm playing tour guide.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:09 pm
You're giving kicky a tour of NYC!?!?

Hey, buy the way, how are you feeling?

Oh, and do you want to go see a really loud, hard doom metal band on a week from monday night?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:17 pm
No, I'm "friends" with this Czech girl who lives in FL, her brother and sister are visiting the US for the first time. So they're coming up to Boston Thursday night, and I'm taking them to NYC for the weekend. Kicky said he'd meet up.

I'm feeling ok. I was pretty damn hungover this morning. Wine Expo from 1-5, then went to Davis Sq. last night, drank beer, mocked people, and blacked out.

You mean THIS Monday, or the following? The weekend of the 11th-14th, I'm going to be in Orlando until Tuesday. Where's the band playing, Cambridge?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 10:23 pm
the 6th - in central square.

Geez, I can't remember the last time I was wasted drunk - thank god!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 10:43 pm
The day after the Super Bowl. I'm around.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 11:26 pm
Ah, that's superbowl weekend.... a friend mentioned his free time by referencing the super bowl - like I'd know when that is. Well, actually, now I do.

A friend of mine from GA highly recommends this band playing at the middle east. They're prolly too heavy for me and I've been flip-flopping about whether to be out late on a work night. My excuse to not go was that I have no one to go with.
0 Replies

username

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 11:56 pm
The last dinner, I had another installment of the bridgework from hell--six hours in the dentist's chair that day--I;m losing track and I can't remember if that was the day they sawed my molar in two and pried out half of it--the Big Dig is almost over except in my mouth.--but I know I was in the chair. And I got back Friday after another five hours as they tried to make a temporary bridge fit, to discover a new meet is being planned. So these are developing some sort of subliminal connection for me with unspeakable things being done to my mouth. So, knowing how dates can slip, PLEASE don't let this end up the weekend of 2/24-5, 'cause that's the next appointment.

Weekend of the 11-12, have commitments to Ladysmith Black Mambazo and John McEuen (NItty Gritty Dirt Band), so the weekend of the 18-19 would be better.

Any inclination toward doing dim sum, rather than an evening dinner?

I"ll mention it to plainoldme, who's been having computer access and time problems and hasn't been too active, but is still around; some of you know her from abuzz meetings, I think.

littlek, who's the band?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 06:32 am
Quote:
there's a parking garage on surface road, but i'm not sure how far a walk it'd be to the restaurant.

do we have an address for the joint?

duh, found the link in the 1st post...

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/7097/grandchauchow4bm.jpg

its a short walk from south station/red line (big dark grey shape south of summer st, right-center of map).

i believe there are a few parking garages in the area to choose from...

the weekend of 2/18-2/19 would be better for moi (i've got the dentist on the 10th, and i'm expecting a double-hit of novacaine Rolling Eyes )
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 06:46 am
littlek wrote:
My excuse to not go was that I have no one to go with.

I'll go! I'll be back on the 5th. Nothing's too hard for me, baby! <did that come out wrong?>
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 06:48 am
Feeling better today, dag?
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 07:42 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Oh and by the way, if you clowns had any clue, you'd go to East Ocean City.

Color me impressed.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 08:35 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Feeling better today, dag?

yes walter, thanks. antibiotics kicked in within 24-30 hours, so i'm more or less ok, just tired and coughing up a storm every now and then. i'm amidst of packing up my office, feeling sluggish, but it's not as much stuff as i envisioned. chucking lots of stuff - to decrease the load.
0 Replies

nancyann Deren IOLA

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:58 am
Jaspar:

If you think it should come off, yes then take it out. I just am trying to find out what date and time is our meeting! Do you know yet?

Nancyann

Thanks for telling Bob! He loved the last one! Keep my phone number and e-mail in case you need to get hold of me! I am a basket case today! I have to put down my 13 years old doberman pinscher and I so love him! Pray for me everyine at 3 p.m. today

n
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 05:49 pm
littlek - I am still local - however with two little kids it is unlikely for me to get away. Also, I decided to no longer a2k from work - it is too addictive and besides in my position I should be a good example - so I don't get on line so much any more.

I will try to keep abreast of time and date and see if I can stop by. For me the best time is usually after work and that doesn't always work since I have to get home and help with the homework and stuff. Honestly I have only been out without husband and kids three times in the past year or so and it has all been work-related social stuff. I have no personal life of my own any more!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 06:15 pm
Linkat - all the more reason to go!

Yay Dag! What a trooper! One hitch - I think it's 15 bucks to get in.... (antibiotics? Wow, I didn't know it'd gotten so bad).

Username, the name of the band is High on Fire. Joe Preston of The Thrones is the bass player.

Nancyann, I'm very sorry to hear about your baby dog..... hope you're doing ok.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 07:26 pm
You need to get tickets in advance, or just at the door?
0 Replies

nancyann Deren IOLA

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 06:22 pm
Thanks for your words of support. I appreciate it so much. I am okay! Counting my blessings and the memories!

Any final date and time yet? I am coming and can't wait!

nancyann
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 07:29 pm
nancyann, we are notorious for not finalizing plans until the last moment - sorry.

Slappy, you can buy tickets at the door, for a couple extra dollars, if it's not sold out.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:26 am
Newsflash - - - -

merry andrew and seaglass got back from Colorado last night and merry andrew will be on the net when he gets home from school tonight and we will start firming up plans for dinner.

so looking forward to meeting the folks behind their avatorsl;.

Sglass
0 Replies