Shows where people's priorities are, doesn't it?

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:03 am
pachelbel wrote:
and so, possibly more people care about acne than they do the war situation, or America's plan of global domination at the expense of many lives.
Oh well.....sie la vie!
But it does seem that the trivial word pursuits get an awful lot of attention, and such nonsense as that. If this is a knowledge based forum, why wouldn't there be more topics of real concern?

Able 2 know means able to know what? How to find the next word in the word game? Sheesh is right. Bizarre. I hope people don't really go to this forum in the hopes of learning anything!

We have politics, philosophy, religion, science, and history. Sorry our recreational pursuits don't meet with your approval. Maybe you should post elsewhere if the sight of us enjoying ourselves is so distasteful to you.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:07 am
Brandon9000,

Perhaps pachelbel did not find evidence of anyone enjoying themselves. Laughing :wink:

Sorry Brandon, I couldn't resist! Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:23 am
Hmmm, this silly thread has already had 43 posts and climbing.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:29 am
44!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:41 am
Laughing
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:48 am
I don't think that pachelbel was trying to bash this website or the people that only post in entertaining threads. I think he was just pointing out in general what priority people put on the most important issues in our world. In general, people tend to ignore politics and just focus on the things that they find entertaining. Meanwhile, their lack of interest in politics is allowing politicians to chip away at our rights. But we don't want to hear about that because it's boring or sounds crazy.

There's plenty of room for all kinds of discussions on the internet, and there's really nothing wrong with not being interested in politics, but everybody should take the time to at least read up and stay informed, then they can go back to talking about acne.

That said pachelbel, this sites political forum is one of the busiest forums here. It does get plenty of notice. And, I'm not so sure I want some of these fashion brats posting in the politics forum anyway, if you know what I mean. Laughing
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:54 am
Roverroad,

I wish I could agree with your assessment but from some of the statements pachelbel made, it did sound like he was critizing others for being involved in an acne thread.

It is, of course, entirely possible that pachelbel had not checked out A2K thoroughly before making his statements. And if he had, I don't think he would have made the statements he did.

Actually, I think everyone was pretty easy on pachelbel. I have seen some rather harsh things said on these threads to people at times. I haven't found anything particularly out of line in this one. Just people giving honest reactions to something said.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:06 am
Well I probably missed something than. I didn't read the entire thread and I didn't get that impression from the first couple of pages.

Everybody's reaction appears to be the same, so he's definitely good at pushing people's buttons.

Way to make friends early there pachelbel. Laughing I've been an ass for two years and I still haven't made enemies here.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 09:04 am
Pachelbels a she I think....

she mentioned a husband in another thread.

Chai (the ever observant) Tea
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 07:35 pm
and Chai's a guy! Cause you said so on another thread - I think the one about Charles and Camilla. Nope, I'm a guy. A husband? Well, being as I live in BC, I guess that would be possible. Not interested though.

This thread has already gotten far too many posts of complete nonsense. What roverroad said in the first post was true. I was merely commenting that there are far more important things, and while humour is very important, one cannot ignore other more pressing things going on. That's the ostrich thing - stick your head in the sand. Doesn't get much solved, but neither do these threads....
carry on.....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 08:47 pm
Re: Shows where people's priorities are, doesn't it?
nimh wrote:
pachelbel wrote:
When posting for 'how to get rid of acne' generates more responses than do ones than concern the current war in Iraq and Iran's fate.
Or global warming.
Guess it's easier reading and doesn't require too much intellect.

oh give us a break. if there's one thing thats been discussed to DEATH here its Iraq. There was this thread called Iraq, the US and the UN, or something like that, that became pretty much the longest running political thread ever, continued in a part II, III, IV and up to i dont know what ...

Global warming, too, has pretty much been debated ad nauseam. Here: Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news -- 162 friggin' pages ... 162!! Thats over 1,500 posts! What can anyone still add to that?

"The US, UN and Iraq" is now on its eighth thread--although the first thread was entitled "Anti-War Movement," and was renamed by Jespah when she split it off to a new thread--so that's actually nine threads. I wrote a thread which is a bibliography of that thread, which can be found here. However, if that ever goes into a tenth thread, i will be unable to edit the initial post in the bibliography, so i'd either have to make a new entry to that thread, or start another bibliography thread.
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 09:22 pm
With all that being said, pachelbel, feel free to start your own thread on any subject that interests you. At that point you will probably get see the other side of nonsense writing, non issue caring members here at A2K.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 11:13 pm
already have, thanks.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 01:52 pm
no reason why folks can't have multiple interests.

seems like it's okay to, after a hard day of political catterwalling, check in and see if oxy-5 is still king of the pimple killers. Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 01:58 pm
Re: Shows where people's priorities are, doesn't it?
pachelbel wrote:
When posting for 'how to get rid of acne' generates more responses than do ones than concern the current war in Iraq and Iran's fate.
Or global warming.
Guess it's easier reading and doesn't require too much intellect.

Or maybe we're sick and tired of hearing all the wackos say the same things over and over again.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 02:48 pm
man, there's a thread about jerking off around here, and no one's even talking about jerking off!

now there's priorities.
0 Replies