Shows where people's priorities are, doesn't it?

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:38 pm
When posting for 'how to get rid of acne' generates more responses than do ones than concern the current war in Iraq and Iran's fate.
Or global warming.
Guess it's easier reading and doesn't require too much intellect.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,162 • Replies: 55
No top replies

Chai

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:41 pm
so what's you point sherlock?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:46 pm
pachelbel - many of us come here to escape the sadness of the world.
However, if you stick around you will find some very interesting and intelligent debt on the "heavy" topics, as well as lots of fluff.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:47 pm
That's been the main and perhaps only thread on acne for years now.

The main Iraq thread (and it's offshoots) is, I think I read, one of the longest threads on any forum on the internet.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:52 pm
Re: Shows where people's priorities are, doesn't it?
pachelbel wrote:
When posting for 'how to get rid of acne' generates more responses than do ones than concern the current war in Iraq and Iran's fate.
Or global warming.

oh give us a break. if there's one thing thats been discussed to DEATH here its Iraq. There was this thread called Iraq, the US and the UN, or something like that, that became pretty much the longest running political thread ever, continued in a part II, III, IV and up to i dont know what ...

Global warming, too, has pretty much been debated ad nauseam. Here: Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news -- 162 friggin' pages ... 162!! Thats over 1,500 posts! What can anyone still add to that?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:53 pm
Its, that's its, not it's, sheesh.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:55 pm
acne is more important than you think, remember general noriega, perhaps he wouldn't have been such a douche if he'd had better skin, it leads to real self esteem issues in many people
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Re: Shows where people's priorities are, doesn't it?
pachelbel wrote:
Or global warming.

I see that you are relatively new. Before you shoot your mouth off, it might be helpful if you went to the "search" function, and typed in Iraq.
0 Replies

nimh

huh?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:56 pm
Thanks nimh

One can get serious discussion anywhere.

You really have to look around to find total foolishness like this.

It takes a lot of guts to tell everyone here that booms most embarrassing moment was walking naked into a room full of strangers, because she's bilind as a bat and thought it was the TV

If boom was here right now, I feel that what she would say.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:56 pm
and let's not forget quadafy, he'd probably be a better person, if he'd got some advice on how to clear up his skin
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:57 pm
Ehm, the "huh?" was to Osso's post about it's being its, or vice versa, or ... I'm getting lost, here.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:59 pm
Laughing

Yeah, I was confused about that too -- it seems to be "it's" as in "it" plus "is" squooshed together, which DOES take the apostrophe, as opposed to the possessive "its" like "this thread is getting off its tracks pretty quick..."
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:00 pm
nimh wrote:
Ehm, the "huh?" was to Osso's post about it's being its, or vice versa, or ... I'm getting lost, here.

god nimh, pay atttention, would you already.....sheesh.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:01 pm
I said that because I was embarassed about my apostrophe, not to your post, nimh. Should be read as a mere murmur, not an actual post..
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:02 pm
Oh!

Heh.

Carry on.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:02 pm
I was going to say that more people know about acne, than know about Iraq.

Then I realized I've never had acne, and there might be others in the same boat.

So now I don't know why I'm still posting.

<maybe to see if I'm logged in as Set or someone else>

Cool
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:15 pm
There is another issue. Discussing acne may be helpful to another member. It is something that a person with some knowledge can share with other people. One good, helpful post can make all the difference in the life of another member.

Discussing Iraq is about as results oriented as pissing in the wind.

pachelbel- I would bet my last buck that you don't have acne!
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:19 pm
and so, possibly more people care about acne than they do the war situation, or America's plan of global domination at the expense of many lives.
Oh well.....sie la vie!
But it does seem that the trivial word pursuits get an awful lot of attention, and such nonsense as that. If this is a knowledge based forum, why wouldn't there be more topics of real concern?

Able 2 know means able to know what? How to find the next word in the word game? Sheesh is right. Bizarre. I hope people don't really go to this forum in the hopes of learning anything!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:22 pm
Pachelbel- I think that you have not really looked into this site.
0 Replies