Shows where people's priorities are, doesn't it?

pachelbel

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:24 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
There is another issue. Discussing acne may be helpful to another member. It is something that a person with some knowledge can share with other people. One good, helpful post can make all the difference in the life of another member.

Discussing Iraq is about as results oriented as pissing in the wind.

pachelbel- I would bet my last buck that you don't have acne!

ok, but over 50,000 posts? How much knowledge does a person need to combat zits? Laughing

Discussing Iraq has more merits than discussing zits. There are lives at stake in Iraq, maybe not yours, but definitely more imp. than pimples. But, if Americans want to pull the wool over their eyes and keep ignoring what is going on, that is ok with me.

BTW I've had my share of zits, as most people have sometime in their lives, but I would never post online. I'd research online or see my doc.
I just think 50,000 posts on such a topic is silly. Shows how much time people have on their hands, doesn't it. Very Happy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:26 pm
I also note you posted on the acne thread yourself.

Is there some sort of ratio of time that we should be spending talking about various subjects?

You know what? I work in a field that deal with chronically ill people that have an incurable (so far) disease.

If I don't want to talk about Iraq after taking a census of how many of our patients died this week...I don't have to.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:30 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Pachelbel- I think that you have not really looked into this site.

amen
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:30 pm
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:32 pm
2PacksAday wrote:

testify
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:33 pm
2PacksAday wrote:

Quote:
All work and no play makes jack- Alfred Hitchcock
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:35 pm
If you'd ever walked naked into a room full of strangers you'd care about acne a lot.

(Gee, thanks Chai!)

I think we all feel like maybe we can actually DO something about acne where Iraq just makes us want to sit down and cry.

My brother was there. He'll probably be going back. I'm looking so forward to so many more sleepless nights worrying about him getting his head blown off, or his legs blown off, or his heart or mind broken.

Can't we just talk about acne for God's sake?

Life is complicated. Feeling like you might be able to help someone even just a little bit feels really, really good.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:39 pm
pachelbel wrote:
But it does seem that the trivial word pursuits get an awful lot of attention, and such nonsense as that. If this is a knowledge based forum, why wouldn't there be more topics of real concern?

Able 2 know means able to know what? How to find the next word in the word game? Sheesh is right. Bizarre. I hope people don't really go to this forum in the hopes of learning anything!

Jeez, 1,500 posts in even just the ONE thread on global warming wasnt enough for you? Read them all already, did ya? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:45 pm
Aw, whatever. We could talk about hemorroids. Now there's an interesting subject!

I'd rather go to a humour site, or watch Comedy on sat. TV.

Chai, sorry you have such a stressful job. Talking about zits after work helps? Ok. Whatever floats your boat!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:50 pm
me thinks we have a troll...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:52 pm
There is also how those posts got there/ where the posters came from. If you Google Iraq, you get a LOT of results. (Like, really a lot!) If you Google "get rid of acne natural" that thread is the second result, if you add "way" it's the first. (Dunno what exactly people plugged in.)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:07 pm
I really feel like I have spent this entire day warming up to take it out on a stranger....

I guess your priorities are to come in here and take pot-shots at delicious women like Chai who want to unwind after work?

I'm completely sure I could out-Ivory-Tower you, and that many other people on this thread could too. Your complete knucklehead proposition that our priorities are "wrong" because we don't sit around discussing topics that you think we should is really one of the most laughable ideas I've come across all day.

And believe you me, I have come across some ideas today that have made me laugh to the point of vomiting.

So remount your high horse and trot away.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:53 pm
pachelbel wrote:
Aw, whatever. We could talk about hemorroids. Now there's an interesting subject!

I'd rather go to a humour site, or watch Comedy on sat. TV.

Chai, sorry you have such a stressful job. Talking about zits after work helps? Ok. Whatever floats your boat!

Haven't visited the acne thread myself. But you have.

The point is we can all participate on any thread we like, without worrying if it's up to your standards.

You're not sorry I have a stressful job...I hate it when people use the "I'm sorry" card.

Actually, it's not so much stressful as very rewarding. I'm proud of what I do, and proud I can choose to let my hair down with others that I feel I have become my friends.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:56 pm
oh...thanks boom...I never realized i was delicious.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:58 pm
You did too!

You've known it forever.

Don't be all coy with me Missy.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:03 pm
tee hee
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:36 pm
Well, was anything ever resolved on the zits thread? What are the primary causes? Can we get rid of zits permanently, or is it one day at a time? Do zits actually prevent one from having a social life?
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 01:24 am
Whatever
floats
your
boats-
pimple
power!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 01:36 am
Guess he told us, huh? I just ran across this. Why on earth would anyone get miffed because people are talking about acne? Or dogs? Or cats? Or whatever the heck they want to?

pachelbel, I have been told many, many times if I didn't like a particular thread I sure didn't have to spend time there.

Tell you what, you want to discuss something, try this thread:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68043

It's about people taking responsibility for their own actions no matter what anyone else says or does. You just might learn something. :wink:
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 01:38 am
pachelbel wrote:
Whatever
floats
your
boats-
pimple
power!

so have you been an ass your whole life, or is this a new thing for you, trying to recover from your traumatic acne period?
0 Replies