A2K Black People Going To Far

dlowan

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 06:32 am
But I still think Occom Bill went too far.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 06:34 am
I'm a ding dong
You're a ding dong

wouldn't you like to be a ding done too?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 06:36 am
I can admit to possibly being a ding dong on this thread - that's no suprise to me - I'm often a ding dong in every aspect.
But I don't think I spend a lot of time trying to "corner the market on being oppressed", as I've been accused - I think I had a very human reaction that anyone in my shoes would have had.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 06:43 am
Chai- Who is that on your avatar? It's driving me nuts. I KNOW that face!
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 06:51 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Chai- Who is that on your avatar? It's driving me nuts. I KNOW that face!

Looks like Winnie Mandela....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:09 am
Imur, go sit down in the corner.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:17 am
I was thinking it was the lady who played Emma Peele on the old Avengers series...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:17 am
Agent 99

barbara feldon

I've been on a campaign to have people call me 99, but it hasn't worked, so....I've given up.

wouldn't that be cool to name a kid 99?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:22 am
How ya' doin this morning, 99?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:24 am
oppressed
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:24 am
Chai- Is it Cindy Williams?

This is really strange. I could not think of her name. But I knew that she played in a TV series with Rob Reiner's Ex-Wife. So I "Googled" Rob Reiner, and came up with Penny Marshall. Then I found out that the name of the TV show was LaVerne and Shirley. Looked up LaVerne and Shirley, and found that the person who looks like your avatar is Cindy Williams.

Please tell me that your avatar is of Cindy Williams! Confused
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:26 am
<speaking loudly into Phoenix ear horn>

A-GENT 99! DO YOU NEED YOUR PRUNES NOW GRAMDMA!!!!!????
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:32 am
LaughingLaughingLaughing Google "Get Smart" Phoenix. Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:36 am
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WQDhAnccSBcKX7jcaBIiA4F6dPvolCzVmzUmiomnXILlHnNjolIVsYbKuHghARiBjd6oQeewR0BSbmkInJp*rFE3znKOV744Vv3DT!TUL0lnQBN4MvJTGfqaTNG64EUqyIzViZ*vGDs/a%20Barbara.jpg

Good grief! It's Barbara Feldon. I always thought of her as looking a bit more sophisticated than is shown in that picture.

And who're callin' grandma! :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:53 am
Missed it that much.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 08:04 am
snood wrote:
I can admit to possibly being a ding dong on this thread - that's no suprise to me - I'm often a ding dong in every aspect.
But I don't think I spend a lot of time trying to "corner the market on being oppressed", as I've been accused - I think I had a very human reaction that anyone in my shoes would have had.

Just mebbe, if the shoes ain't comfortable, you might wanna think about trying a different style; no matter how fond you are of the one's you're in at the moment, there's prolly shoes out there that'd give you less to complain about. Of course, if complaining is your thing, then, in the Seinfeldian sense, "Not that there's anything wrong with that".
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 08:09 am
timberlandko wrote:
snood wrote:

Just mebbe, if the shoes ain't comfortable, you might wanna think about trying a different style; no matter how fond you are of the one's you're in at the moment, there's prolly shoes out there that'd give you less to complain about. Of course, if complaining is your thing, then, in the Seinfeldian sense, "Not that there's anything wrong with that".

Hey boss - I gotta be who I is...

And what you and evidently others see as insipid "complaining" is all a matter of perspective - things I "complain" about, you'd have no reason to notice...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 02:47 pm
I think that is very fair comment Snood.....much remains invisible and trivial to those not suffering from it, and making the invisible visible is never a comfortable process, and one that gets you seen as a whiner and moaner fixated on the trivial, always negative etc., especially when gains have been made and everyone just wants to get on with life as normal, without having to feel bad.

I think, though, that choosing non existent opponents to tilt against just gets your horse tired and frustrates the windmills.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 02:58 pm
dlowan wrote:
I think that is very fair comment Snood.....much remains invisible and trivial to those not suffering from it, and making the invisible visible is never a comfortable process, and one that gets you seen as a whiner and moaner fixated on the trivial, always negative etc., especially when gains have been made and everyone just wants to get on with life as normal, without having to feel bad.

I think, though, that choosing non existent opponents to tilt against just gets your horse tired and frustrates the windmills.

The moment you perceive me unjustly threatening with my lance, you will be so kind as to tip me, sotto voce?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 03:27 pm
[size=7]mebbe[/size]
0 Replies