So what if Iran has the bomb?

mans

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 07:18 pm
the main thing i'm worried is if Bush does do something, because then Howard will follow. Howard actually has no mind of his own. And he isn't intelligent - he may be, but he lost that once he got a grip on his power - now he doesn't have a sense of reason.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 11:28 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
The "Governator' inherited the problems in California. If you had a clue what you were talking about, you'd realize that's why there is a Governator. Interestingly, the State still sits higher on the GDP list than your beloved Country. Now before you go screaming "that's not fair!... it's a population skewed figure". I'll remind (or more likely inform) you that the United States' Per Capita GDP is second only to Luxembourg's. Next you'll likely scream growth, right? Ill advised as well; since your beloved Country's GDP - real growth rate(%) was a paltry 2.4% compared to the United State's relatively stable 4.4%.
Interesting to note, that Canada did manage to match the European Union's collective average at 2.4% though, isn't it? Of course; they were dragged down by France's 2.1%, Germany's 1.7%, Italy's 1.3% and the Netherlands stagnant 1.2%. I guess National Health Care isn't the only thing Canada has in common with some of their European Idols, eh? :wink:

The United States' enormous dept and trade deficits are hardly new. Do a little research and you'll see she's continued to thrive despite these very real problems. Your focus on negatives only is never going to paint you a clear picture... and most certainly isn't going to support your outrageous claims. It requires the entire membership of the European Union to come close to matching the United States' enormous GDP (that's the only place you could have gotten your VERY misleading figure of $12 trillion, right? Rolling Eyes ). Like it or not: Not only does the United States remain a superpower... but they are the world's only superpower in both military and economic might.

Got that?

Got what? This? Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:23 pm
Rolling Eyes Sadly, that's the most coherent argument you've forwarded so far...
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 11:07 pm
And, I am still waiting for an intelligent coherent argument from you Smile Smile
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 01:28 am
pachelbel wrote:
America is a paper tiger.

That's what Japan thought when they attacked us in 1941.

That's what Osama thought before we took Afghanistan away from him.

pachelbel wrote:
Pride before a fall........

Rome was imperial in scope for a good 750 years (late republic through Justinian).

Our empire should last at least as long.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 01:37 am
xingu wrote:
Al Qaeda wants to defeat us the same way it defeated the Soviet Union; not on the battlefield but to bleed us dry economically. And they're succeeding.

That may be their plan now.

It wasn't their original plan.

We'll see if they succeed in the end. I'm betting they don't.

xingu wrote:
Iran is attacking us economically from a different direction, through the oil bourse.

Not much of an attack.

xingu wrote:
I don't know what Bush has in mind but it wouldn't surprise me if he went nuclear.

There is nothing in Iran that would justify a nuclear weapon, unless we were retaliating for an Iranian nuclear strike.

xingu wrote:
We talk about Ahmadinejad being a loose nut and wanting to nuke Israel but I think we have more to fear from Bush than Ahmadinejad.

Bush isn't the religious fanatic who is on a mission to nuke Israel.

xingu wrote:
Nothing to do but sit back and watch what happens in March.

Israel may attack in March.

Bush apparently wants to wait a couple years until we have "conventional" sea-launched ballistic missiles to fire at Iran.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 07:00 pm
Quote:

Oh? Then tell us, what was their original plan. To invade America and overpower us militarily?

Quote:
xingu wrote:
Iran is attacking us economically from a different direction, through the oil bourse.

Not much of an attack.

I think you need to read something on this subject.
http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_05/petrov011606.html
http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_mike_whi_060123_iran_92s_oil_exchange_.htm

Quote:
xingu wrote:
I don't know what Bush has in mind but it wouldn't surprise me if he went nuclear.

There is nothing in Iran that would justify a nuclear weapon, unless we were retaliating for an Iranian nuclear strike.

I agree, but that doesn't mean Bush won't use nukes.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/10/AR2005091001053_pf.html

Quote:
xingu wrote:
We talk about Ahmadinejad being a loose nut and wanting to nuke Israel but I think we have more to fear from Bush than Ahmadinejad.

I don't think Ahmadinejad is sincere in nuking Israel because of the consequences. Talk is cheap and it's a great way to gain support; especially if you play on the peoples fears and hate. Bush did an excellent job of that after 9/11.

http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/index.cfm?Page=Article&ID=6201

http://reese.king-online.com/Reese_20060203/index.php

Quote:
xingu wrote:
Nothing to do but sit back and watch what happens in March.

If Israel attacks in March it will be with the approval of America.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 07:37 pm
xingu wrote:
Quote:

Correction: it would be with the approval of the United States. The vast majority of North, South and Central America will NOT approve.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 08:37 pm
Excuse me; your correct.

I sometimes fail to to drop my old habit of calling my country America.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 11:28 pm
xingu wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Oh? Then tell us, what was their original plan.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030302025137/www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-051802masoud.story

xingu wrote:
oralloy wrote:
xingu wrote:

Not much of an attack.

I think you need to read something on this subject.
http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_05/petrov011606.html
http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_mike_whi_060123_iran_92s_oil_exchange_.htm

I read plenty on the subject a year or two ago, back when the claim was only made on the lunatic fringe, and I've reread it all now that more mainstream posters are making the claim.

It remains preposterous.

xingu wrote:
oralloy wrote:
xingu wrote:

I agree, but that doesn't mean Bush won't use nukes.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/10/AR2005091001053_pf.html

The preemptive use of a nuke would require a target to justify such a weapon.

Iran doesn't have anything that can't be taken out with existing conventional weapons.

xingu wrote:
oralloy wrote:
xingu wrote:

I don't think Ahmadinejad is sincere in nuking Israel because of the consequences.

He doesn't care about consequences. He is a nut who thinks he is a player in some sort of end of the world prophecy that will bring about some sort of Islamic messiah.

xingu wrote:

They certainly have MY approval as an American.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 01:58 pm
It's all about protecting Israel, isn't it? At any cost. Iran poses no threat, only an imagined one by the US. It's Iraq all over again.

Why does the US think they are the only country who should have nuclear weapons? They are the feeble axis. As well as evil.

As one post said earlier, Bushie thinks he is fullfilling a Messianic prophecy. The guy should be committed, along with his cabal of idiots. Thankfully I am not an American so I don't have to feel embarrassed when I see the Idiots on TV; Dick, Rice, Bushie and Rummy Dummy.

Israel will whine until it gets what it wants. Hope they & the US think it was worth the millions of deaths they have caused. God is surely on THEIR side. God takes sides, didja know?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 02:02 pm
pachelbel wrote:
It's all about protecting Israel, isn't it? At any cost. Iran poses no threat, only an imagined one by the US. It's Iraq all over again.

Why does the US think they are the only country who should have nuclear weapons? They are the feeble axis. As well as evil.

As one post said earlier, Bushie thinks he is fullfilling a Messianic prophecy. The guy should be committed, along with his cabal of idiots. Thankfully I am not an American so I don't have to feel embarrassed when I see the Idiots on TV; Dick, Rice, Bushie and Rummy Dummy.

Israel will whine until it gets what it wants. Hope they & the US think it was worth the millions of deaths they have caused. God is surely on THEIR side. God takes sides, didja know?

Isreal does not need the US to protect itself.

Only one question directed to you.

The US is NOT the only Nation with Nuclear weapons. However, since the leader of Iraq has already stated his desire to destroy not only Isreal but anyone who dares challenge his authority, do you feel comfortable with him having nuclear weapons?

A simple yes or no is the only acceptable response.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 02:12 pm
Do you know for a fact that's what he said, or are you depending on US translators? I know how the US corporate owned media twists things.

Ever since Iran decided to trade in Euros rather than US dollars they have been on the US's **** list. It was predicted that the US would go after them militarily if they did this. Iraq made the same decision; what happened to them?

Here, read this or go online to get the full article: www.energybulletin.net/7707.html

Published on 3 Aug 2005 by Media Monitors Network. Archived on 9 Aug 2005.

Petrodollar Warfare: Dollars, Euros and the Upcoming Iranian Oil Bourse
by William Clark

RELATED NEWS:

The Proposed Iranian Oil Bourse...

Commodity deflation? Not likely....

Top oil groups fail to recoup exploration costs...

The Countdown for the Peak of Oil Production has Begun - but what are the Views of the Most Important International Energy Agencies...

Staring down the barrel of a crisis...

"This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous...Having said that, all options are on the table."
- President George W. Bush, February 2005

Contemporary warfare has traditionally involved underlying conflicts regarding economics and resources. Today these intertwined conflicts also involve international currencies, and thus increased complexity. Current geopolitical tensions between the United States and Iran extend beyond the publicly stated concerns regarding Iran's nuclear intentions, and likely include a proposed Iranian "petroeuro" system for oil trade.

So, what were you saying? Cool
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 03:12 pm
pachelbel wrote:
It's all about protecting Israel, isn't it?

All? No.

But that is certainly part of it.

pachelbel wrote:
Iran poses no threat, only an imagined one by the US.

And Hitler had no intention of invading other countries.

pachelbel wrote:
Why does the US think they are the only country who should have nuclear weapons?

We don't.

pachelbel wrote:
They are the feeble axis. As well as evil.

Goofy and preposterous.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 03:17 pm
pachelbel wrote:
Ever since Iran decided to trade in Euros rather than US dollars they have been on the US's **** list.

Rolling Eyes

No one cares what currency Iran uses to receive payment for their oil.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 03:17 pm
I find if funny that whenever conservatives want to attack someone they compare them with Hitler.

I guess they think that gives their position legitimacy.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 11:41 pm
oralloy wrote:
pachelbel wrote:
Ever since Iran decided to trade in Euros rather than US dollars they have been on the US's **** list.

Rolling Eyes

ohforgodssake. read www.energybulletin.net (see above link)

It might explain it for you. The US certainly DOES care. Don't you read?
Guess not. You'd be right in there with the rest of the Americans who don't read and are in denial as to what is really happening. Wake up.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 11:43 pm
xingu wrote:
I find if funny that whenever conservatives want to attack someone they compare them with Hitler.

I guess they think that gives their position legitimacy.

Yes it is curious isn't it? They haven't got much of a position. The rat's are deserting the ship.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 11:46 pm
oralloy wrote:
pachelbel wrote:
It's all about protecting Israel, isn't it?

All? No.

But that is certainly part of it.

pachelbel wrote:
Iran poses no threat, only an imagined one by the US.

And Hitler had no intention of invading other countries.

pachelbel wrote:
Why does the US think they are the only country who should have nuclear weapons?

We don't.

pachelbel wrote:
They are the feeble axis. As well as evil.

Goofy and preposterous.

Nice to see that you back up your statements with fact. As usual. Rolling Eyes Simple denial doesn't work. The world knows what you're up to, US. How come you don't have any friends on the planet? That tell you something?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 06:37 am
pachelbel wrote:
oralloy wrote:
pachelbel wrote:

Rolling Eyes

ohforgodssake. read www.energybulletin.net (see above link)

It might explain it for you. The US certainly DOES care. Don't you read?

I hear those guys sell "extra strong" tinfoil hats that will keep out the new higher-powered mind-control rays that the aliens have been helping the CIA build.

Laughing Razz Rolling Eyes
0 Replies