What can I do with an avacado?

Amigo

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:43 am
Granny can hold her own.

yes iv'e gained weight. How did you know. Mad

I'm off to to work. I'll be back to check out the avocado thread next week. Smile I'm working in Las vegas for three weeks.

VIVA LA AVOCADO!!!!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:50 am
Amigo wrote:
yes iv'e gained weight. How did you know. Mad

Well, avacados are quite fattening ... in large quantities, of course!

I was just devastated when I found out this annoying little bit of information.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:56 am
material girla said
Quote:
So is it like a dip?

Actually its like a green spackle that can be used for fixing small cracks in the plaster. Guacamole has several uses that arent talked about by the guacamole advisory board
Guacamole can be

1agreat glue for dentures
2a rodent trap, they get stuck in it an **** themselves to deth
3dried guacamole lumps can be very good fire straters for wood stoves or fireplaces
4keep flies out of the kitchen by moving a bucket of guacamole into the living room
5soundproofing for that extra special sound system in your car
6You can spread it out on parking lots where it will outlast normal macadam coatings

There are a few hundred uses for this stuff, and in emergencies , it can be used as a food substitute.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:58 am
So you're not a great lover of guacamole, famerman?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:04 am
Actually Im a woodworker always looking out for the next really great glue.
Im also a nature lover, I cant abide that they smush up gorillas to make glue. Gorillas are endangered
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:09 am
Gorillas & glue? I've never heard that before.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:11 am
is my glue made out of a gorilla?! Shocked

avocado + yoghurt = great hair balm
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:13 am
Don't know if this has been mention MG, but there are many types of avocados out there, however, you mostly (in the US at least) see just 2 varieties at the market.

I personally prefer the Haas avocado, it's smallish, with dark green bumpy skin. I think it tastes creamier.

The other type I usually see are ones that are larger, and has a smooth skin which is lighter green. I just find these too hard and not as flavorful.

If I'm going to have an avocado, I prefer the haas kind that is nice and ripe. Don't wait too long though, or you'll get mush.

yes avocados are high in plant fat, so eat in moderation. However, they are very healthy also.

Yum, yes, they are great with a turkey and swiss sandwich.

I think they are great on a sandwich by themselves with a fresh tomato and lettuce.

Also, for an appetizer for 2 (or a large snack for one) I'll slice it thinly and douse with balsamic vinegar.

happy eating!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:13 am
Maybe "Gorilla Glue" is only sold in the US, never mind. They import the gorillas
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:14 am
oh yes yes. i've seen the gorilla glue. it don't work so great as they advertise. i bet a live gorilla would be able to hold things together better.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:20 am
Not only that, but no one would be likely to dispute the matter with him . . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:54 am
I've seen lots of large Hass avocados (oes??)...
I agree, Chai, that I like the Hass ones best, by far.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:09 am
Chai Tea wrote:
Don't know if this has been mention MG, but there are many types of avocados out there, however, you mostly (in the US at least) see just 2 varieties at the market.

I personally prefer the Haas avocado, it's smallish, with dark green bumpy skin. I think it tastes creamier.

The other type I usually see are ones that are larger, and has a smooth skin which is lighter green. I just find these too hard and not as flavorful.

If I'm going to have an avocado, I prefer the haas kind that is nice and ripe. Don't wait too long though, or you'll get mush.

yes avocados are high in plant fat, so eat in moderation. However, they are very healthy also.

Yum, yes, they are great with a turkey and swiss sandwich.

I think they are great on a sandwich by themselves with a fresh tomato and lettuce.

Also, for an appetizer for 2 (or a large snack for one) I'll slice it thinly and douse with balsamic vinegar.

happy eating!

Haas sounds familiar, they are very dark green and bumpy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:16 am
A link from the California Avocado Commission -
http://www.avocado.org/avocado-facts/hass-avocados.php

They are the smallest on that variety chart, but they can be found to be quite large - at least some of the time - in CA grocery stores, and for sure in CA back yards.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:28 am
Haas is far better.

I'm eating an avocado right now as I speak.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 09:03 am
Simplest ever, delISH:

- One slice of really good fresh bread, I like sourdough but can be something more wheaty
- One avocado
- Lemon juice

Slice the avocado, spread on bread, sprinkle with lemon juice. If the avocado is good (and this is only for good ones, use the so-so ones for guacamole), it's GREAT. Eat as an open-face sandwich. (No top piece of bread.)
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 09:07 am
I will tell you EXACTLY what to do with an Avocado, as soon as I have googled the correct human anatomical diagram.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 01:43 pm
Sometimes I smear quacamole all over my girlfriend then I pretend I'm a giant cornchip.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 01:45 pm
Watch out, the setup time for guacamole can vary.
0 Replies

Cola

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 03:27 pm
material-

My mother turned me on to this: slice a room temp avocado length-wise, squeeze with fresh lemon juice, and scoop with corn chips or tortilla chips for a light snack.
0 Replies