Torneo Clausura 2006

el pohl

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 11:47 pm
You would surprise me Osso if you say that you have actually heard of this teams. You would also make me smile. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 11:53 pm
No, el Pohl, except that I seem to remember mention of Pumas... I am a true blank slate, just interested. . so much of newspaper sportswriting in the US is - eh, well, some of the best you have to pay to read now.

Just interested in reading along once in a while.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 10:46 am
San Luis was easily whipped by Veracruz. Makes you think, doesn't it? (though I dislike Veracruz too, I dislike governors getting into teams).

And, elpohl, it seems that you've had your way on the Hunchback. Most probably he will be left with no ticket for Germany.
As much as I hate the guy's guts, and know that he is venom for team work, I sometimes think he's too talented to be left out.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 12:28 pm
This seems like a good time to post on this thread (after all chivas have won three games in a row). There's too much irregularity on the league, take Tecos for example, the team that went straight to the Superliderato in four games and then took the deep plunge with seven losses in eight games.

I'm very happy that Chiapas beat América not only because, well, I dislike blue and yellow, but because Chiapas has been one of the most constant teams on the tourney... I hope to see regularity between tournaments as well.

Anyways, I hope Lavolpe doesn't call:
- Osorno
- Maza
- Chato
- I. López
- Emperador
- Davino

and most importantly
- Chiquis

It'll be interesting to see who he'll call and how the people complain.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 02:11 pm
Maza is slow as hell, but he has guts. OK as a substitute.
Israel López I don't mind.

I veto:
Osorno
Chato
Cabrito

And most importantly:
Chiquis
Davino
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 01:16 am
Out with Chiquis, Osorno, and Chato, totally. They have absolutely no talent (ok, Im exaggerating) and they are not even constant starting players in their respective teams.

Now... will he call Bofo for Cuau? Bravo? Giovanni do Santos??? :O

Me "caldié" con esa última :$.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 09:37 am
Bofo is a subCuau, but he causes no internal problems. So I'm for him.
If Bravo was half as good as he believes he is, he'd be great. Bad brain. Mediocre playing. Out.
Giovanni, too young.

The others:
Chiquis: no talent.
Chato: talent, but no body and no brain. Se achica.
Osorno: lots of talent, absolutely no brain/guts. Se arruga.

Emperador: due to the circumstances (Marquez often injured; Maza untalented and slow, even if gutty, ready to take the role of Manuel Vidrio in Korea-Japan -the guy we all get scared when the ball comes near him-; Osorno not in his best moment, Carmona and Galindo suspended) Suárez may make the team. No speed left, and that's a big trouble, but the inteligence, tecnique and class remain.

Who are your starting attackers.
Mine, Borghetti and Kikín.
I mistrust Guille.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:26 am
It seems LaVolpe will go with Suárez, he can't Galindo and H. Sánchez who would've been his first choice. This is when I wish someone like Beltrán would be given a chance... and this takes us to Pumas. How do you feel that there's a big chance not one Puma makes el Tri?

I'm rooting for Borghetti and Fonseca as well. If we go through though I'm predicting two Guille goals.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 12:56 pm
It all depends on what you consider a Puma, Joe.

Torrado, Pineda and Lozano (who should be in), are "hechos en CU", as Lozano's undershirt declared. And of course Claudio "Emperador" Suárez, if he goes.
Then there's Kikín. Not made in C.U but next to our hearts.
I understand Pavel, Torrado and -in case he plays that position- Márquez are better choices than Galindo. It bugs me, though, that Beltrán was never considered. But Lavolpe insists on calling his son-in-law Davino.

Luis García, Beto García Aspe, Hugol and even Enrique Borja (you're too young to have seen him play) were always Pumas for me. Hell, and they all ended playing some time with America.
Not the same with Braulio Luna. The bastard kissed the America shirt when he scored against us in C.U. He's to be treated as a traitor forever.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 01:01 pm
Also reading along with uninformed interest, just wanted to send some sympathy fbaezer's way re: his Pumas since he's always so nice about being sympathetic re: my Packers.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 01:07 pm
They're MY Packers too, sozobe. Smile

(This means I'm suffering twice)

Well... last year's Packers were even worse than this tournament Pumas, hmmm.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 01:10 pm
I know (that you're a Packer fan yourself), that's why I am rooting for the Pumas even though I know nothing about them.

(It doesn't take much to be better than last year's Packers... sigh.)
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 01:30 pm
Que las hijas de Lavolpe estan muy buenas o que eh?

Well, the halftime page already published what seems to be the first list of an intriguing procedure to determine the 23 players. Lavolpe and his 3 associates will each create a list. After that, the 4 will compare them and come with a final resolution. La Opinión explains the process.

BTW. Lavolpes list includes Chato, Gringo Castro, Arellano, Suarez, and Osorno, while Cuau, Bofo, Bravo, and Medina are out.

Im not too sure about the first ones, but would definitely prefer Bravo or Medina instead of Arellano and Osorno.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 04:33 pm
Freaking Lavolpe is crazy! Or has player agents behind him? Is there any other rational explanation of his "love" towrds losers Chato and Osorno?

But how 'bout doing lists and comparing them, to reach an A2K resolution?

Anyway, here´s mine:

Osvaldo, Corona, Ochoa
Márquez, Salcido, Pineda, Osorio, Suárez, Gringo Castro, Maza, Méndez,
Torrado, Pavel, Guardado, Lozano, Sinha, Luis Pérez, Israel López, Medina
Borghetti, Kikín, Guille, Bofo

My 4 last choices were: Maza, Méndez, López & Medina.
Wish Ramón Morales was thorugh a good time.

I fear Huiqui will be on the final list, too.
Thank God they'll be substitutes.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 11:43 pm
Veamos...

Oswaldo, Corona y Ochoa

Osorio, Salcido, Márquez, Méndez

Pardo, Torrado, Morales, Pineda, L. Pérez, Guardado, Lozano

Borgetti, Fonseca, Bravo, Guille, Bofo

If Lavolpe would've called them a few times I would've chosen Beltrán, Carlos Ochoa and Melvin Brown. After being pleasantly surprised by Suárez I would take him being how the defence is the slimmest spot.

I think Lavolpe's obsession with Osorno is that he loves a true winger a'la Ryan Giggs and he sees Osorno filling that spot because not other mexican players play that position regularly, that and he and Chato were on the good ol' Atlas times.
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 09:46 am
The problem is that Lozano, Guardado, and Morales all play on the left side. Who on the right Joe? Castro?

Well... Duilio looked pretty bad yesterday, same goes for Maza. Oswaldo incredible.

Bravo Bravo!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 10:22 am
Don't think I didn't think about the right side. I know it's weak but my current setup would allow Pérez, Bravo, Torrado and even Bofo on the right side. I know they don't regularly play there which would hamper the effectiveness but they could play there.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 11:09 am
OK, so Claudio proved that he can be in Germany. Bravo raised his hand (I still prefer the services and pace of Bofo) and will probably be there. Davino and Chiquis showed they have nothing to do in El Tri. Maza scared us again...
I think Gringo Castro has clinched our weakest spot.

Now, since Lavolpe plays with a line of 5, my starting team would be:

Osvaldo
Pineda, Salcido, Márquez, Osorio, Gringo
Guardado, Pérez, Torrado,
Kikín
Borghetti

I fear he will play with Pavel instead of Torrado; Sinha instead of Guardado and Guille instead of Kikín.
That's why there should be no wonder that the 7th Commandment of the Puma fan is:
"Jamás caerás en la tentación del lavolpismo"
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 12:34 pm
I would trade Guardado for Morales any day, and I think of Kikín as a "Luis Hernández Brunette Version"... probably he will have it dyed later.

Thus, the team is missing a 10... like Bofo... or Cuau :S.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 12:47 pm
Pérez could, theoretically, fill in that role
0 Replies