I smell a Filibuster!

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:04 pm
Call Landrieu at (202) 224-5824

The Senate doesn't vote for cloture until Tues AM. This is not over.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:07 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Landreaux has not gone on record that she wouuld vote to breaka filibuster. YOU are dreaming.

So is CNN then.

CNN didn't state that Landrieu is on record to vote down a filibuster. Learn how to read. You are also ignoring the fact that this is a dynamic situation. Byrd can be swayed and so can Landrieu. And no one has given up, depsite Finn's typical nauseating Republican smugness.

We are still sending faxes and making phone calls.

We may be 8 runs down going in to the ninth inniong but this is not over.

And It won't be over til WE say it's over.

No, they simply reported that she said she would oppose a filibuster. I don't know what this record is in which you put so much faith, but if Landrieu told CNN she would oppose a filibuster, anyone with half a brain can figure out that his means she would vote for cloture, but ,again, you can dream if you'd like.

It's over, no matter what YOU say.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:13 pm
Let's not even hold a vote FINN DÁbuzz says it's over. LOL It is NOT over and FINN Da BUZZ, an anonymous A2K poster, is the only known person on the planet who says it is.

Several Republicans are considered persuadable as well. Snow, Chaffee among others.

FA only wishes we would give up and say uncle but we won't.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:16 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Landreaux has not gone on record that she wouuld vote to breaka filibuster. YOU are dreaming.

So is CNN then.

CNN didn't state that Landrieu is on record to vote down a filibuster. Learn how to read. You are also ignoring the fact that this is a dynamic situation. Byrd can be swayed and so can Landrieu. And no one has given up, depsite Finn's typical nauseating Republican smugness.

We are still sending faxes and making phone calls.

We may be 8 runs down going in to the ninth inniong but this is not over.

And It won't be over til WE say it's over.

No, they simply reported that she said she would oppose a filibuster. I don't know what this record is in which you put so much faith, but if Landrieu told CNN she would oppose a filibuster, anyone with half a brain can figure out that his means she would vote for cloture, but ,again, you can dream if you'd like.

It's over, no matter what YOU say.

She didn't tell CNN she would oppose a filibuster. Where did you come up with that gem? Put down the crack pipe. Smile

I heard what she said and she said it YESTERDAY. WHAT SHE SAID WAS THAT SHE WOULD NOT ENCOURAGE A FILIBUSTER.

You obviously did not even hear what she said.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 11:48 am
Roxxxanne wrote:

She didn't tell CNN she would oppose a filibuster. Where did you come up with that gem?

I got my gem directly from CNN and I posted a link which you, obvioucly, did not bother to check out.

CNN reported

In addition to Byrd and Johnson, Democratic Sen. Ben Nelson of Nebraska has said he will support Alito. Earlier Thursday, Sen. Mary Landrieu of Louisiana said she would oppose a filibuster.

I heard what she said and she said it YESTERDAY. WHAT SHE SAID WAS THAT SHE WOULD NOT ENCOURAGE A FILIBUSTER.

And you heard every statement she made yesterday?

You obviously did not even hear what she said.

Never claimed that I did.

I have a CNN report and what you claim you heard - I'll go with CNN.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 11:50 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Let's not even hold a vote FINN DÁbuzz says it's over. LOL It is NOT over and FINN Da BUZZ, an anonymous A2K poster, is the only known person on the planet who says it is.

Several Republicans are considered persuadable as well. Snow, Chaffee among others.

Well we'll see, won't we?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 06:17 am
Oh gosh, what a genius! A rtegular Miss Cleo. He bets on a clear favorite and then is going to convince us what a genius he is when the likley outcome transpires.

One thing I have learned is that nothing is a sure thing. It may be a longshot. But nothing is guaranteed.

"I have a CNN report and what you claim you heard - I'll go with CNN."

I'll go with what she actually said rather than your interpretation of what you mistakenly think "CNN" said. Landrie is being pressurred by Republicans who hold the purse strings to the re-building of NO.
Calls to her office have confirmed that she had not ruled out backing a filibuster as of early Friday. If it cae down to one vote, I am sure the Dems could count on her. Hillary Clinton also had said she was not supporting a filibuster, after thousands of calls, she relented and said she would support a filibuster, according to office staffers.

"And you heard every statement she made yesterday? "
I heard what she said about the filibuster. You obviously did not. Neither she nor CNN said she ruled out going along with a filibuster.

Things are looking pretty dim, but it is still not over.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 11:18 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Oh gosh, what a genius! A rtegular Miss Cleo. He bets on a clear favorite and then is going to convince us what a genius he is when the likley outcome transpires.

One thing I have learned is that nothing is a sure thing. It may be a longshot. But nothing is guaranteed.

"I have a CNN report and what you claim you heard - I'll go with CNN."

I'll go with what she actually said rather than your interpretation of what you mistakenly think "CNN" said. Landrie is being pressurred by Republicans who hold the purse strings to the re-building of NO.
Calls to her office have confirmed that she had not ruled out backing a filibuster as of early Friday. If it cae down to one vote, I am sure the Dems could count on her. Hillary Clinton also had said she was not supporting a filibuster, after thousands of calls, she relented and said she would support a filibuster, according to office staffers.

"And you heard every statement she made yesterday? "
I heard what she said about the filibuster. You obviously did not. Neither she nor CNN said she ruled out going along with a filibuster.

Things are looking pretty dim, but it is still not over.

You are nothing if not determined.

How did I possibly mistake what CNN reported:

Earlier Thursday, Sen. Mary Landrieu of Louisiana said she would oppose a filibuster.

Of course this is not the same as her saying:

"Listen up Roxxxxane, I fully intend to vote to close debate on the nomination. I am unequivocally not going to support a filibuster."

It doesn't take genius to realize that Alito will be confirmed, but it does take a certain demented fanaticism to keep predicting that he will not.

Keep making your calls and sending your e-mails though. Your disappointment will be that much sweeter.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 06:27 am
Quote:
It doesn't take genius to realize that Alito will be confirmed, but it does take a certain demented fanaticism to keep predicting that he will not.

While it takes a complete illiterate to interpret being 8 runs down in the ninth inning as predicting victory. LOL

Quote:
Keep making your calls and sending your e-mails though. Your disappointment will be that much sweeter.

Many have said that it takes a certain emotional disconnect in order to be a right-winger, something deep within them that prevents them being a whole, compassionate human being. Taking delight in another's disappointment is a prime example.

In reality, being involved in the process is an end unto itself. It sure beats getting one's kicks by delighting in other's misfortunes.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 07:03 am
From Saturday's Daily Kos:

Quote:
This is, as Senator Kennedy reminded us, a generational battle. Samuel Alito on the Supreme Court could turn back a generation's worth of progress in civil rights, in worker protections, in equality for women, in environmental protection, in the fight of the little guy against the corporation. And Samuel Alito on the Supreme Court will affect the generations to come. We cannot afford to refight the battles of the past 40 years during the next 40 years.

This is an uphill battle, but one in which we can at the very least achieve a moral victory. Approached with principle, with passion, and with vigor, a moral victory is not a hollow victory. As Senator Kennedy told us, "You don't ever lose fighting for principle, for what is decent and right. You don't ever lose when you have the power, the force of being correct."
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:06 am
Senator Kennedy mumbled something through a fartburp, and that's what the press thought he said.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 07:32 pm
On the Sunday talk shows, there was quite a bit of talk about the possible filibuster. True, everyone agreed that hopes are dim but still they talked about it as a remote possibilty.

Gosh, there sure are a lot of demented politicians and journalists out there and only one real smart person in the world. The A2K community should be proud to call him our own!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:27 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Quote:

While it takes a complete illiterate to interpret being 8 runs down in the ninth inning as predicting victory. LOL

Quote:

Many have said that it takes a certain emotional disconnect in order to be a right-winger, something deep within them that prevents them being a whole, compassionate human being. Taking delight in another's disappointment is a prime example.

In reality, being involved in the process is an end unto itself. It sure beats getting one's kicks by delighting in other's misfortunes.

Yep, that's me emotionally disconnected and taking great delight in seeing the hopes of the Far Left smashed.

You, on the other hand, being such a warm hearted Liberal have demonstrated your empathy for conservative hopes and dreams time and time again.

Oh if only all the peoples of the world were Liberals! Think of how much nicer life would be.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:36 pm
Quote:
You, on the other hand, being such a warm hearted Liberal have demonstrated your empathy for conservative hopes and dreams time and time again.

I don't take pleasure in other's misfortunes. You are mistaken.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:42 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
On the Sunday talk shows, there was quite a bit of talk about the possible filibuster. True, everyone agreed that hopes are dim but still they talked about it as a remote possibilty.

Gosh, there sure are a lot of demented politicians and journalists out there and only one real smart person in the world. The A2K community should be proud to call him our own!

The only demented politicians and journalists out there are those that suggest there is any sort of reasonable possibility that a filibuster will ensue.

Of course it's possible. It's also possible that Chuckie Schummer will be elected President, or that the oil industry will be nationalized.

Please hang your hopes on this remote possibility. Please spend your time and money making phone calls and sending e-mails. Without hope there can be no disappointment, and your disappointment is a tonic.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:49 pm
You PAY for long distance? Wow. That explains everything.

I am a big girl. I can handle anything that comes my way. You are projecting your own pathetic weakness, low emotional intelligence, immaturity and insecurity to think that this will impact me emotionally.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:50 pm
Quote:
Of course it's possible. It's also possible that Chuckie Schummer will be elected President, or that the oil industry will be nationalized

It is also possible you will start posting like a secure, mature adult.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:27 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Quote:

Of course not, you're a Liberal.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:37 am
Roxxxanne wrote:

Chafee said he would vote no, OTOH he says he would not support a filibuster.

Incredibly, everyone is still talking about the slim possibility of a filibuster. Luckily, we have our very own a2k Miss Cleo to tell us that a fiibuster is not possible.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:38 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Quote:

Of course not, you're a Liberal.

Jeez and here I thought that Finn's recognition of my compassion was sarcastic!
0 Replies