TWO ETHICAL QUESTIONS

catch22

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 04:07 am
Subject: TWO ETHICAL QUESTIONS:

QUESTION 1: If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion? Read the next question before scrolling down to the answer of this one.

QUESTION 2: It is time to elect the world leader, and your vote will decide the outcome. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates:

Candidate A: Associates with crooked politicians, communists and known gangsters, and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses, one was his wife's private secretary that he also cheated on. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day, often starting before breakfast.

Candidate B: He was kicked out of office twice, smokes cigars, sleeps until noon, was a racist and a white supremacist and believed that no country could ever be led by a non-white because of their obvious inferiority, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whisky every evening.

Candidate C: He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and hasn't had any extramarital affairs. He is an avid patron of the arts, a gifted writer and speaker and Great Britain's backing was instrumental to his early political success. He is an avowed anti-Communist.

Which of these candidates would be your choice? Decide first, then scroll down for the answer.

Candidate A is.................Franklin D. Roosevelt

Candidate B is.................Winston Churchill

Candidate C is.................Adolph Hitler

and by the way: Answer to the abortion question: - if you said yes, you just killed Beethoven.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 628 • Replies: 4
No top replies

material girl

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 04:09 am
Cripes!!

I wouldnt have killed Beethoven but I seem to admire the morals of Hitler.Oh dear!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 07:57 am
I know this is in humor, though I can't see why...since it isn't funny. But would strike some good debate......

Unfortunately, you left out some of the most important attributes for some of these guys. Namely the grotesquely inhumane views of Hitler and the fact that he was a raging racist as well.

Not to mention, he was a rotten husband and his wife tried to kill herself because of his inattentivness, thought to be because of suspected homosexuality. His speaking skills were used for propoganda and terrorism, rather than fact. He briefly served prision time.

Now, which of the evils listed for the other two men compare to the evils listed above?

Roosevelt served 12 years in office. He must have been doing something right! He was the first president to elect a woman to his cabinet.

It can't be a proper ethical question without both sides. Hitler may have been all those things but he was also very publically the things I listed.

Oh and I'd never suggest a woman have an abortion.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 09:11 am
So the ninth child of a woman with syphillis is always a musical genius? Who knew....
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 09:32 am
DrewDad wrote:
So the ninth child of a woman with syphillis is always a musical genius? Who knew....

Hay, may make some women keep squeezing them out to see if thats true!
0 Replies