Friends with a history...

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:00 am
ive recently started talking to and meeting with 2 friends of mine, that i havent spoke to in about 2 years. Ive been so busy with uni+wrapped up in my bf im trying to expand my circle of friends again.
ive known both these guys for about 6 years, and have a slight history with them both. My bf knows this+is happy bout me meeting with them as he knows them both 2!
My question is, is it normal to be slightly confused about where the friendship is heading?? i have such a laugh when im with them, but its just made me think about the past. Is this normal?? Just reminissing???
BTW - just want everyone to know, im not having any doubts about my relationship with my b.f, i love him lots+that hasnt changed.
Any advice, bcos it feels wierd...and i cant really explain how or why??
thanx
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,476 • Replies: 39
No top replies

material girl

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:08 am
Unless they treated you like crap there is no reason why youshouldnt like them and get on with them.
Its friendship, most people get on, its not weird at all, it means they are nice people.
0 Replies

kittengirl

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:12 am
they didnt treat me like crap. 1 guy feel out with me+my b.f after doing something stupid, but ive forgiven+forgotten, as everyone makes mistakes.
its wierd, i enjoy spending time with them so much, ive really missed their friendship. i think maybe im worried about how other people will view it, due to past experiences with them.
they know so much about me+we've been through so much, that they're jsut so easy to be around.
Would any guys here feel abit wierd about their g.f doing this?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:14 am
I have no objection to what you are doing.

If you need further advice from me I will be around later in the week.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:15 am
If you and your bf are ok with it then it doesnt matter about anyone else.

Most people would be jealous that you have kept a friendship with them as most couples split up and become hateful and bitter towards ex's.

Dont worry about it, lifes too short.

My ex's gf, who is now his wife hasnt 'allowed' me and him to speak for about 3 years now.
Yet me and him get on fine when she isnt about.
0 Replies

kittengirl

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:18 am
material girl - we never dated, just had a brief kiss when i was 15/16. i really did like one guy though, but nothing came of it more than a kiss as i had a b.f (yes, im ashamed of kissing a guy whilst in a relationship, but it was my 1st relationship and i was nieve (sp?))
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:19 am
You were correct to question your spelling.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:23 am
Thats right, kissing somebody whilst having a bf is ok but bad spelling is against all morals!!(Joke kitten)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:25 am
And I was going to ask you about the title of your thread. "Friends with a history" Don't all friends, or non-friends as far as that goes, have a history?

Or did these friends spontaneously appear? If that was the case and they were miraculously born in a fully developed state, how could they be your friends? They had no history, therefore could never have known you.

Do you see how complicated this whole thing is, kitten girl?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:25 am
I think you should do a train on both these guys. It's really the only way to know the extent of your feelings for them.
0 Replies

kittengirl

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:26 am
lol, sorry. il be studying the dictionary!
i do regret kissing him whilst i had a b.f, but think maybe i was looking for a way out of the relationship (the guy treated me badly, physically and emotionally), although that doesnt excuse my actions!
i think that maybe im worrying bcos of how close i feel to them both? Maybe im scared of my feelings developing, and that affecting my love for my current bf?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:27 am
With kitten girl receiving advice from both Gustav and the esteemed Mr. Polarbear, she should be well on the road to recovery from her angst.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:27 am
And what are your thoughts concerning Bear's recommendation of the train?
0 Replies

kittengirl

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:37 am
gustav - by history i meant there is a slight history, physically, between me and them.
What do you mean by a train????
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:38 am
kitten_girl wrote:
gustav - by history i meant there is a slight history, physically, between me and them.

you take this one Gus... I haven't finished my coffee...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:42 am
kitten girl wrote:

A train is simply a common term used when old friends get together, and most commonly when there are two or three males and one female. It is simply a greeting, usually initiated by the woman. She will usually say something like, "It's great to see you guys again! How about a train?"

The guys will understand what you are saying.
0 Replies

kittengirl

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:44 am
its something rude and sex related isnt it??? lol
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:46 am
You apparently do not know me. I would never lower myself to rude or sex-related behavior.

I am here to help. And to guide.

That is the essence of my being.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:51 am
kitten_girl wrote:
its something rude and sex related isnt it??? lol

please allow me to express my disapointment at your assumption. Gus and I teamed up, me as the idea man and he as the eloquent speaker, to help you along and for our efforts we're accused. Let's take our leave Gus. There's a girl on another thread needing help with a cold sore question.
0 Replies

kittengirl

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:51 am
i apologise! thank you both for your advice!
0 Replies