Poor Al Gore

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 06:09 am
No matter what he says or does he will generally be looked on as the loser from 2000 even though he didn't lose, and a guy who couldn't run the country and would have been soft on Bin Laden even though no one will ever know the answer to that question, the guy whose Viet Nam service was marginalized because he was a journalist (but at least he was there) and a sore loser.

This is another more overlooked shame of bushco IMO. The total political assasination of a decent man.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,176 • Replies: 90
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 06:29 am
Don't fret over it BVT...redemption can be found for Gore if only he could find the key to that darned Lockbox of his. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 06:39 am
Probably being stored up Katherine Harris's cooz... no one wants in there...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:31 am
I think Mr. Gore is gearing up, ever so quietly, for another go in 2008.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:43 am
Sturgis wrote:
Don't fret over it BVT...redemption can be found for Gore if only he could find the key to that darned Lockbox of his. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What difference would a key make? Bush already stole and plundered the lockbox. And the joke is on our kids and grandkids.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:24 am
Gore's not that decent. None of these politicians are decent-- even Clinton, who I like very much. Gore's difficulties began when he seperated himself from Clinton during his campaign. He was too desperate for the presidency and the media needed a scapegoat. Face it, the media is always in search of the next buffoon, and Howard Dean holds that position rather well at the moment.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:26 am
You really think so, eoe?

That would make me marginally happier than if it was Kerry (I'm regarding him with suspicion), but I think Gore still has "LOSER" tattooed on his forehead and wouldn't be viable.

Personally, I'd way prefer him over Hillary.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:43 am
You're not alone, Soz. And that's exactly what he's counting on.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:45 am
Hmmm. Could be.

Just that it's a list of maybe 20 people with Gore at #18, followed by Hillary and then Kerry. I don't actually want ANY of them to run.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:49 am
Run Al run! Very Happy
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 10:33 am
Where's the list, Soz?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 10:34 am
In my head. :-D
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 10:36 am
Like who? That's the #1 question on everybody's mind these days. Who who who?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 10:38 am
I dunno, there's a hodgepodge of maybe 5 guys at the top (Bayh, Warner, Richardson, etc.), then a great middle (Obama is probably there, though I personally love him) then the no please no no (Gore Kerry Hillary).
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 07:12 am
Personally I like Gore more now than I ever did when he was Vice President. Maybe now he feels free to be himself rather than an extension of the Clintons. Whether he runs or not in 08' I hope he keeps on talking.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:00 am
Personally I think old Al spends way too much time talking. We'd all be better off if he'd go back and reinvent the Internet or something.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:24 am
truth hurts huh?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:28 am
What is this "truth" of which you speak? Certainly not something that came out of Al Gore's mouth.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:38 am
revel wrote:
Personally I like Gore more now than I ever did when he was Vice President. Maybe now he feels free to be himself rather than an extension of the Clintons. Whether he runs or not in 08' I hope he keeps on talking.

Extension of the Clinton's? Au contraire, he lost the election because he moved as far away from them as possible. A spineless thing he did by listening to the "experts" instead of follwing his gut. Regardless of Clinton's downfalls, he remains a popular, well-like president.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:41 am
cjhsa wrote:
What is this "truth" of which you speak? Certainly not something that came out of Al Gore's mouth.

list the lies and try to do better than some weak "He lied about inventing the internet"
0 Replies