What do tomatoes, turmeric and broccoli have in common?

DrewDad

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 02:16 pm
Salsa! Of course, I prefer the stuff made from tomatillos.

Let's see... Apple pie with cheddar cheese!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 02:18 pm
ok ok ok... let's try looking at what you should eat rather than what you shouldn't eat.....
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 03:48 pm
littlek wrote:
eat your che'buggers, just eat fewer of them. Eat fewer of them now, or when you're 60 and the doc'll say no cheese burgers, period. So, fewer now means you can eat them your whole life.
which will be cut short accordingly
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 03:51 pm
I eat lots of things (hamburgers rarely, hot dogs never), but I eat almost on a daily basis the items listed above. By the way, Mexican food can be eaten with all the benefits of a vegetarian diet, and refried beans CAN be non-fried. TASTE ADVENTURE ( www.tasteadventure.com or 800-874-0883) produces a completely vegetarian freeze-dried pinto and black "refried beans" that I find absolutely delicious. You make it by combining the dried beans with water and cooking for five minutes in a microwave. Trust me, like the vegenaise, it's wonderful and healthful.

Setanta, one can eat very wonderful food (esp. Mediterranean-style foods) that are healthful. Vegetables are usually just cooked to death. Look at how the Chinese and Mexicans spice up their vegees. Vegees, brown rice, and wheat pasta make up the bulk of our meals, and, of course, with multi-grain baggets doused in spiced olive oil and two glasses of red wine, I am always completely satisfied.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 03:52 pm
But . . . but . . . what about the blood running down my chin . . . what about the veins in my teeth . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 03:55 pm
I can hardly wait to see if there will be anything green on the plate tonight.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 03:55 pm
exactly if god didnt want us to rip living flesh from bone he woodna give us incisors, and I got 4!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 04:01 pm
how about having my bloody steak with a green salad instead of potatoes? will that buy me out?

i could live on tomatoes and cheese though, if i can get to some serious protein once or twice a week.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 04:03 pm
Tomatoes are a wonderful thing. You can use them to throw at the ranchers while you steal their cows! GIMMIE MEAT!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 04:06 pm
stealing thier cows is called (in cowboy language) hunting slow elk.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 04:09 pm
Quote:
What do tomatoes, turmeric and broccoli have in common?

I could put a coupla thick slices of tomato on a burger.
I could have some broccoli with dip on the side, if I'm having a burger.
I could use some turmeric in a chick pea side with my burger.

Make the burger blue.

Thanks.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 04:14 pm
Oh, sure. Now the reinforcements arrive. I thought she was gonna beat me to death with a granola bar....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 04:17 pm
Setanta wrote:
But . . . but . . . what about the blood running down my chin . . . what about the veins in my teeth . . .

Like the old Wendy's commercials... "If it dribbles down your chin a little, we're sorry."
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 04:28 pm
By the way, you can get tumeric, the valuable anti-inflamatory spice, in curry and, in simple all-american yellow mustard. Tumeric is what makes the mustard yellow. I love mustard. And it is virtually calori free.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 04:49 pm
Tell us about set's plate after dinner, ehbeth!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 05:38 pm
I understand that the term, vegetarian, means, in some native american language, "bad hunter."
Nevertheless, it IS the most healthful way to eat--except that it is more difficult to get enough vitamin B12 without eating some animal products.

I hope I'm not being too much of a boor.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 05:40 pm
first of all I would like to thank JLN for the bucket of fried chicken and the pizza he brought to our campsite in Patagonia which saved us from digging out the burgers we brought. 2nd I would like to say that eating really tasty food is a major source of giving us a meaning for our lives. Osso and I had bisquits and greasy pork sausage gravy for brekkies this morning.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 05:51 pm
The pizza and fried chicken shows that we are not food puritans. But we did bring them because we feared you would dig out some hamburgers. Greasy pork sausage gravy? Maybe.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 05:53 pm
Must life meaning equate to heart attack or stroke?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 05:58 pm
Good question, LK. My healthful diet is very meaningful for me, and because I break the "rules" once in a while that makes it even better.
I plan to live into the 90s. Why? Not because of fear of death, but because I've got so much to do.
0 Replies