Will he leave me ?

JLNobody

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 04:24 pm
Not to sound sexist but I think that a woman could answer that question better than can a dense guy like me.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 09:43 pm
hahaha Very Happy
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:09 pm
well all i can say
many people tell me that a man can love in a way a woman loves
its different for a guy
there are some sensitive (or lovey dovey) guys in this world.. but not a lot..
maybe its that he doesnt know how to love in any other way..
or maybe its because he doesnt care about you..
i wouldnt risk being dumped
if i felt something was wrong in a relationship, i would break it off first
0 Replies

oxlittlebitox

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:30 pm
I feel the same way loveislikearose I am so afraid of being hurt that I've been tempted to jsut end it myself but i care for him to much. Hes definatly not the romantic type hes one of those guys thats had it hard in life and never shows his emotions so its very hard for me to read him and get what he feelings.. if ya can understand that lol
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:32 pm
oxlittlebitox wrote:
I know that he loves me and I love him but I just don't know why he won't write me back or call me like i want him to.

One possible simple answer here would be that a lot of guys tend to want to write and especially phone a lot less than a lot of girls want them to. Its one of those common-place difference between the sexes ... and though he's hardly being very charming when he just comes out and says that you know, he didnt call cause he was all caught up in his videogame, the truth is that a lot of guys do tend to just kinda want to have more "me-time" than the girl would prefer, whether its watchin sports or repairing stuff in the shed (when he's older) or playing a videogame or whatever.

Of course, if it really upsets you that he writes / calls so little, then you should bring it up and explain you're kinda hurt about it, and if he loves you he'll take that into account and be in touch more (tho perhaps still not quite as frequently as you might want him to...). But if it doesnt necessarily bother you so much in itself, but its just that it makes you worry about whether he loves you (enough), rest assured - it doesnt need to mean he doesnt love you at all. It might mean that, of course - we dont know either of you, we have little to go on - but it could easily just be that he's just not much the calling type.

If that doesnt bother you in itself as long as you know he loves you, then just relax ... his sister did say he only once before told someone he loved her before, so that must say something ... relax, enjoy it if it feels good enough for you. And if it doesnt make you happy anymore, for example because of the calling, or something else, say something to him about it, and if that doesnt help, move on ... cause remember, everyone deserves someone who makes them happy ...

Oh, and listen to Roger, he's a sensible man..
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:52 pm
If he can't express his emotions, and you don't feel good about that trait, I think you should consider giving up the relationship. Remember, you can't change people. That's the first rule to live by. If you would not be happy with an emotionally stunted or inhibited man, find one who is expressive and open emotionally.
I hate to be so pontifical, but I look back on my youth and find that I suffered this situation in a way, in many ways. We've all been rejected and we've all suffered the guilt of rejecting others. You WILL suffer rejection and the fear of it (actually that's what's happening now). But you will survive and grow from such horrors.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 11:05 pm
yup, good words written before me.

I got to warn you about something though. Lots of girls/women think they want a super-sensitive, highly expressive-emotionally-guy, who calls all the time to say just sweet little things blah blah blah.

Y'know what they say though - Be Careful What You Ask For. You will probably get a lot more opinions, 'bad' emotion, and a whole new world of trouble with the highly emotive type. Ever seen a man cry?

Laughing Ok, I realize how that sounds. I am not so cruel. My point is simply that you can't have everything. This problem of yours really does seem to fit in the 'normal' range. Like nimh said, it is a common 'dilemma'.

YOU decide if you can handle him the way he is right now.
He may not be the guy for you.
Either way, I wish you happiness.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 11:13 pm
Of course we shouldn't confuse the sensitive man with the weak man. I know strong silent men who just can't take much from life. Their "strength" is little more than the neuro-muscular armor worn to protect their poor little hidden selves from strong emotions and the legitimate needs of others. I've seen men cry and I've cried, but weakness never came to mind. What IS bad, and a sign of weakness perhaps, is when a man (or a woman) cry in an attempt to control others.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 11:14 pm
Are there seriously still women out there who dont want no man to cry? (Hm, probably more something for a separate thread)

(But otherwise sound advice from flushd, actually)
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 11:50 pm
JLNobody wrote:
If he can't express his emotions, and you don't feel good about that trait, I think you should consider giving up the relationship. Remember, you can't change people. That's the first rule to live by. If you would not be happy with an emotionally stunted or inhibited man, find one who is expressive and open emotionally.

Yeah, i was going to say that too. If you want a romantic guy who expresses his feelings, and opens up to you, then dump this one and find the kind of guy you would like.
It's that simple..
Or maybe its not..
You're going to answer "It's not that simple- because I love him!"
Well if youre worried that maybe he doesnt love you back..
stop worrying... move on instead. If the guy doesnt show his love, but you want him to, like JLN said, you can't change people. So, its time for a change of plans.. and of guys.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 11:53 pm
nimh wrote:
Are there seriously still women out there who dont want no man to cry? (Hm, probably more something for a separate thread)

I think its ... touching to see a man cry. It shows that he is deeply moved, or hurt. Most men feel it makes them seem weak when they cry, but if one isn't ashamed to cry once in a while (instead of scrweing up his face trying to hide it) .. thats cool. =]
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 12:07 am
I knew I was taking a risk by referring to men and crying. Laughing

Of course, I don't think a guy should never cry. A healthy person is gonna cry once in a while. That's good. It's good to be able to show emotion; especially around loved ones.

I was saying - there are those guys who are the opposite of the 'strong, silent type'. The other extreme. The guy who cries when his hockey team leaves town, who is an emotional rollercoaster. Not even necessarily manipulative or controlling.....simply romantic/emotional. Not everyone digs that. Not every guy digs the girl who weeps during movies, either. It really is a matter of personality matching.

anyways.....it would be interesting to start another thread about that. Twisted Evil
See what sorts of attitudes are roaming in the forum.

I think the poster of this thread just wants her bf to call and write her more often!! Laughing
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 12:10 am
flushd wrote:
I knew I was taking a risk by referring to men and crying. Laughing

Of course, I don't think a guy should never cry. A healthy person is gonna cry once in a while. That's good. It's good to be able to show emotion; especially around loved ones.

I was saying - there are those guys who are the opposite of the 'strong, silent type'. The other extreme. The guy who cries when his hockey team leaves town, who is an emotional rollercoaster. Not even necessarily manipulative or controlling.....simply romantic/emotional. Not everyone digs that. Not every guy digs the girl who weeps during movies, either. It really is a matter of personality matching.

anyways.....it would be interesting to start another thread about that. Twisted Evil
See what sorts of attitudes are roaming in the forum.

I think the poster of this thread just wants her bf to call and write her more often!! Laughing

I know this guy who came over to her house to watch a movie, as a date, and she turned on "Miss Congeniality" (for those of you who havent seen it- its a chick flick comedy!) and he, knowing that she is the kind of girl that likes sensitive/emotional guys, gasped, and oohed and aahed, and cried, and laughed, and screamed.... but that scared her off..
man did he regret pretending to be someone he isnt..
he learned his lesson

so guys.. please dont over do it
girls like sensitive guys, who are honestly sensitive. they can see it if its fake.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 12:25 am
I probably wouldn't write you after knowing you a month. I've played video games. This is not enough info to judge your status, or your man. I'd relax and see where the relationship took me instead of trying so hard to predict. Chase too hard, and he may run. nimh has the bead on this one. Especially what he said about Roger. Idea
0 Replies